ROYALS | Out And About Again: Queen Elizabeth In Visit With William

Queen Elizabeth II on Tuesday carried out her first public engagement outside of a royal residence since early March when the coronavirus pandemic started to impact upon on all aspect of day-to-ray life in the U.K.

The 94 – year-old monarch was joined by her grandson Prince Williams at the Defense Science and Technology Laboratory at Porton Down neat Salisbury, in southern England, and met with  scientists battling the virus.

The Queen unveiled a plaque to officially open the new 30 million – pound ($39 million) Energetics Analysis Centre, used by scientist for counter-terrorist work. The royal pair were also introduced to staff involved in the rapid response to the Novichok poisoning attack on former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter in Salisbury in 2018.

Though the U.K. is in the midst of a resurgence of the virus, neither the queen nor Williams were seen donning a face covering but both observed social distancing rules of staying 2 meters apart each other and anyone else. The queen had arrived by helicopter separately from the Duke of Cambridge, who had travelled by car.

A spokesman for the palace said all advice was followed.

All 48 people who were due to come into close contact with the royal pair had been tested for the coronavirus. All the tests came back negative.

Kensington Palace, the London residence of William, declined to comment as to whether the prince had also been required to have a test in order to be able to accompany his grandmother at Thursday’s event.

The queen’s last official public engagement outside of a royal residence was on March 9 when she joined the royal family for the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey. Before the U.K. was out into full lockdown on March 23, the queen and her husband, Prince Philip, moved to Windsor Castle, which is around 25 miles (40 kms) west of London.

They spent a large chunk of the past few months at the royal residence of Balmoral in Scotland, before they moved to Sandringham in eastern England. The queen returned last week to Windsor Castle to resume audiences and small engagements, while Philip, 99, has stayed at Sandringham.

Though living a far more solitary existence, over the past few months, the queen has been a visible presence, most notably in her two televised addresses to the nation from Windsor Castle in April and May, which were partly intended to bolster people’s resolve in the face of the lockdown.

She also knighted in July at Windsor Castle the 100-year-old Captain Sir Tom Moore gor his fundraising efforts in the early days of the pandemic.

And she has been seen taking part in her first video conference call to support those caring for others often in difficult circumstance at home during the pandemic.

On signing the guest book Thursday at Porton Down, the queen quipped: ‘Well it proves we’ve been here, doesn’t it?’

It’s certainly been a while since she could say that.

Saudi Energy Minister Sees Demand From Gas – To – Oil Switch At Up To 600,000 BPD

LONDON – Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Energy Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said users switching from gas to oil could account for demand of 500,000 – 600,000 barrels per day (bpd), adding that the world was now waking up to shortages in the energy sector. Prince Andulaziz said the potential switch depended on how severe winter … More Saudi Energy Minister Sees Demand From Gas – To – Oil Switch At Up To 600,000 BPD

Riyadh Winter Wonderland Back In Saudi Arabia, 40 Pct Larger Than Previous Season

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia –  Riyadh Winter Wonderland is set to make a comeback in Saudi Arabia’s capital with 40 percent more space during Riyadh Season, with added games, activities, and shows for all age groups. Starting October 26 and lasting until the end of March 2022, Winter Wonderland will include more than 103 games and six areas: Dreamland Carnival, … More Riyadh Winter Wonderland Back In Saudi Arabia, 40 Pct Larger Than Previous Season

Saudi Arabia Advises Citizens Not To Travel To Lebanon – Ministry

PARIS, France – Saudi Arabia has advised its citizens not to travel to Lebanon in light of the latest security events, the foreign ministry wrote on Twitter on Sunday. Lebanon remains on  a Saudi travel list where obtaining prior permission to visit is required. On Thursday, seven people were killed in violence in Beirut  as crowd … More Saudi Arabia Advises Citizens Not To Travel To Lebanon – Ministry

Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Launches Strategic Offices For Al – Baha, Al – Jouf, Jazan

JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman announced on Sunday the launch of the strategic offices for the development of al – Baha, al – Jouf, and Jazan regions. According to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), these offices aim to capitalize on the unique competitive advantages each of the three regions … More Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Launches Strategic Offices For Al – Baha, Al – Jouf, Jazan

Loading…

Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s