NEWS ALERT | Saudi King Leaves Hospital

RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s 84-year-old ruler, King Salman bin Abdulaziz, left King Faisal hospital in the capital Riyadh after recovery, state news agency SPA reported on Thursday.

The Saudi king, the custodian of Islam’s holiest sites, was admitted to hospital on July ‮‮20‬‬ to undergo medical checks, after suffering from inflammation of the gall bladder, which he had removed later that week.

In a video released by SPA, the king could be seen walking steadily out of hospital, followed by several aides and his son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, wearing a face mask. The king was walking with a cane, as he usually does.

The king, who has ruled the world’s largest oil exporter and close U.S. ally since 2015, chaired a meeting via video from hospital last week before his surgery. In a video aired by state media outlets, he could be seen reading and leafing through documents. Reuters could not independently verify the date the footage was filmed.


Greece Lifts COVID Curbs For Travellers Ahead Of Key Summer Season

ATHENS, Greece – Greece lifted COVID-19 restrictions on Sunday for foreign and domestic flights, its civil aviation authority said, ahead of the summer tourism season that officials hope will see revenues bouncing back from the pandemic slump. To fly in or out of the country, travellers were previously required to show either a vaccination certificate, … More Greece Lifts COVID Curbs For Travellers Ahead Of Key Summer Season

Saudi, Pakistan To Discuss Possible Support For Kingdom’s $3 Billion Deposit

PARIS, France – Saudi Arabia and Pakistan will discuss the possibility of supporting the kingdom’s $3 billion deposit in Pakistan’s central bank bank by extending its term ‘or through other options’, a joint statement carried by Saudi State News Agency SPA said on Sunday. Last year, Saudi Arabia deposited $3 billion in Pakistan’s central bank … More Saudi, Pakistan To Discuss Possible Support For Kingdom’s $3 Billion Deposit

Yemen President Cedes Powers To Council As Saudi Arabia Pushes To End War

PARIS, France – Yemen’s president delegated power to a presidential council and dismissed his deputy on Thursday in moves aimed at supporting U.N. – led efforts to revive negotiations to end a bitter seven – year war. Riyadh announced $3 billion in financial aid to the Saudi – backed government after the announcement by President … More Yemen President Cedes Powers To Council As Saudi Arabia Pushes To End War

Saudi Authorities Warn Against Donating To Strangers Due To Terrorism Financing

PARIS, France – Saudi Arabia’s Presidency of State Security warned citizens and residents in the Kingdom against donating to strangers, nothing that such practices increase the probability of financing terrorism. ‘[Random strangers] may be more dangerous than you think’, the Presidency of State Security said in a statement on Twitter, urging people to only make … More Saudi Authorities Warn Against Donating To Strangers Due To Terrorism Financing

Saudi Arabian Grand Prix To Go Ahead As Planned, Say Organizers

JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia – Formula One’s Saudi Arabian Grand Prix will go ahead as planned, organizers said on Friday following attacks on a facility owned by oil giant Aramco near the racetrack in Jeddah. Yemen’s Iran – backed Houthis said they launched attacks on Saudi energy facilities on Friday and the Arab coalition said Aramco’s … More Saudi Arabian Grand Prix To Go Ahead As Planned, Say Organizers

Saudi Aramco Storage Facility Targeted By Houthi Attack, Causing Fire

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Yemen’s Houthis said they launched attacks on Saudi energy facilities on Friday and the Saudi – led coalition said oil giant Aramco’s petroleum products distribution station in Jeddah was hit, causing a fire in two storage tanks but no causalities. A huge plume of black smoke could be seen rising over … More Saudi Aramco Storage Facility Targeted By Houthi Attack, Causing Fire

U.S. Approves Potential Sale Of Rocket Launchers To Bahrain – Pentagon

WASHINGTON – The U.S. State Department has approved the potential sale to Bahrain of M270 Multiple Launch Rocket Systems Upgrade and related equipment for an estimated cost of $176 million, the Pentagon said on Thursday. The principal contractor will be Lockheed Martin Corp, the Pentagon’s Defense Security Cooperation Agency said in a news release.

Loading…

Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s