OMAN – Oman will ban travel between all its governorates from July 25 to Aug.8, a period that includes a Muslim holiday, to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, state news agency ONA said on Tuesday.
A statement from the Health Ministry describes the measures as a ‘total lockdown’ of all governorates, Reuters Reported.
It will also implement a daily curfew from 7 P.M. to 6 A.M. during the period, which includes Eid al-Adha holiday period.
Shops and public spaces will be closed during the hours of curfew.
Oman recorded 1,458 new case of infection on Tuesday and 11 deaths, taking the totally to 69,887 cases and 337 deaths.
The sultanate imposed lockdowns in March in some regions such as Muscat, Dhofar, Duqm and some tourist towns. Since April, it has gradually allowed commercial centers to reopen and lifted the lockdown in the Muscat region, which includes the capital.
Air and land borders have been closed, except for repatriation. Last week he government said it would start allowing citizens fly abroad after applying for permission.