NEWS ALERT | Saudi – Led Coalition Destroyed Four Houthi Drones Over Yemen – Saudi Press Agency

RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi – led military coalition battling the Houthis in Yemen said on Friday it had destroyed four explosive-laden-drones launched by the Iran-aligned group in the direction of Saudi Arabia, the official Saudi Press Agency reported.

The drones were intercepted over territory controlled by the Houthis in Yemen, the agency said, citing a statement from the command of the coalition, made up mainly of Saudi and United Arab Emirates forces.

Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saria tweeted that Houthi forces had in fact hit their targets – a control room at Najran airport, weapons storages in King Khalid air base and other military targets – ‘with high accuracy’.

The Western-backed coalition on Wednesday announced the launch of  a new military operation against the Houthis after they stepped up cross-border missile and drone attacks on Saudi Arabia.

Last week, Houthi fighter fired missiles that reached the Saudi capital Riyadh in the first such assault since a six –week ceasefire, prompted by the novel coronavirus epidemic, expired in late May. The coalition said it had intercepted the attack.

The coalition intervened in Yemen in March 2015 after the Houthis ousted the Saudi-backed internationally-recognized government from the capital, Sanaa, in late 2014. The Houthis say they are fighting a corrupt system.

The conflict is largely seen in the region as a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran.


BREAKING NEWS | Trump Says U.S. Ready To Assist Lebanon After ‘Terrible Attack’

MILAN | ITALY – President Donald Trump on Tuesday said he sent his sympathies to Lebanon for the dozens of people killed and thousands wounded in a massive explosion in Beirut, which he cast as an attack, and offered U.S. help. ‘The United States stands ready to assist Lebanon’, Trump said at a White House … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Trump Says U.S. Ready To Assist Lebanon After ‘Terrible Attack’

BREAKING NEWS | U.K. PM Johnson Offers Support To Beirut After Massive Blast

LONDON – Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Britain stood ready to provide any support it could to help Beirut after a massive explosion in the city’s port area killed 25 people and injured more than 2,500. ‘The pictures and videos from Beirut  tonight are shocking’, Johnson wrote on Twitter. ‘All of my thoughts and prayer … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | U.K. PM Johnson Offers Support To Beirut After Massive Blast

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s