RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia reported its highest ever increase of 3,717 new cases on Wednesday, bringing the total in the Kingdom to 112,288.
The city of Riyadh had a particularly high increase, with over 1,300 cases.
Yesterday, a health official warned that the number of active coronavirus cases and the virus – related death toll in Saudi Arabia is rising because several members of the public continue to ignore preventive measures.
Forty percent of COVI-19 cases reported in the Kingdom so far are the result of people failing to follow rules instructed by the ministry.
Dozens of young men and women who did not adhere to precautionary measures when they left their homes and then came into direct contact with members of their family, including the elderly, infected several other people, Al-Abd Al-Ali said.
Today, authorities said that citizens and residents can now apply for emergency medical permits during curfew hours on the new ‘Tawakkalna’ app.
The app, which was launched in cooperation with the Saudi Red Crescent Authority and the Saudi Health Council, is aimed at managing the movement of the public during the nighttime curfew imposed due to coronavirus.
The Kingdom is currently in stage two of its three-stage plan developed to facilitate the return to normalcy.