After multiple pushbacks, Princess Beatrice and her fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzia are still reviewing their royal wedding plans.
The eldest daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, both 60, Beatrice, 31, was scheduled to tie the know with the 37-year-old property developer on May 29 at St. James Palace in London, with a lavish reception at her grandmother Queen Elizabeth’s garden at Buckingham Palace.
However, the pair has made the conscientious decision to do away with the nuptial reception for now, as the world around them endures through the novel coronavirus pandemic.
‘Princess Beatrice and Mr. Mapelli Mozzi are very much looking forward to getting married but are equally aware of the need to avoid undertaking any unnecessary risks in the current circumstances’, a spokesperson for the couple told Fox News on Thursday. ‘In line with government advice for the U.K. and beyond, the couple are reviewing their arrangements for 29th May.
‘They are particularly conscious of government advice in relation to both the wellbeing of older family members and large gatherings of people’, the spokesman continued. ‘Therefore, the planned reception in the Buckingham Palace Gardens will not take place. The couple will carefully consider government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place amongst a small group of family and friends’.
The couple’s decision came after the U.K. government extended the nationwide lockdown for an additional three weeks on Thursday.
Furthermore, a royal insider told People magazine on Thursday that amid the growing concern surrounding the virus, ‘the invitation were never actually sent out’.
Last month, the outlet maintained that details surrounding the wedding were still being ironed out, but Mozzi’s family is from Italy, and the region has been hit hard by the virus.
As for the ceremony itself, the couple had reportedly already rescheduled it twice due to Beatrice’s father Prince Andrew’s public scandal that has pierced the royal exterior.