BREAKING NEWS | Bahrain, Kuwait Report Coronavirus In People Who Visited Iran

DUBAI | UAE – Bahrain and Kuwait on Monday recorded their first new coronavirus cases, all involving people who had visited Iran, which has reported 43 cases of the disease, state media said.

Kuwait detected the virus in three people among 700 who had been evacuated on Saturday from the northeastern Iranian city of Mashhad, state news agency KUNA said.

The health ministry identified them as a 53-year-old Kuwaiti man, a 61-year-old Saudi man and a 21-year-old whose nationality was unclear. It said the Kuwaiti and Saudi had been asymptomatic while the third person showed initial symptoms.

In neighboring Bahrain, the health ministry said a Bahraini citizen who arrived from Iran had been diagnosed with the disease and that ‘all necessary measures have been taken with individuals in contact with the patient’.

Fears of a coronavirus pandemic grew on Monday after sharp rises in new cases reported in Iran, Italy and South Korea. The virus has infected nearly 77,000 people and killed more than 2,500 in China it originated late last year.

Qatar Airways on Monday it would ask passengers arriving from Iran and South Korea to remain in home isolation or quarantine facility for 14 days. Qatar has not recorded  any coronavirus cases.

Kuwait Airways and Iraq Airways had last week suspended all flights to Iran while Saudi Arabia suspended traveled by citizens and expatriates to Iran.

The Saudi health ministry said it was coordinating with Kuwait authorities regarding the Saudi national who would continue to receive treatment in Kuwait.

BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia To Process Requests To Travel Between Its 13 Provinces

RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia on Sunday a dedicated team to process requests to travel between its 13 provinces following the ban on traveling across provincial borders under the 21-day curfew established by King Salman bin Abdulaziz last week to slow the spread of coronavirus. ‘Based on the curfew order and no-movement restrictions … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia To Process Requests To Travel Between Its 13 Provinces

BUSINESS | Aston Martin Furloughing Some Staff After Coronavirus Plan Closures

BUCHAREST | ROMANIA – Britain’s Aston Martin said on Monday it is furloughing some employees as it handles the fallout from the coronavirus outbreak which has closed its car factories. The pandemic has shut both the luxury brand’s plants, just as it starts productions of its first sport utility vehicle, the DCX, crucial to a … Continue reading BUSINESS | Aston Martin Furloughing Some Staff After Coronavirus Plan Closures

BUSINESS | U.S., Russia Agree To Oil Market Talks As Trump Call Price War ‘Crazy’

BUCHAREST  – U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin agreed during a phone call on Monday to have their top energy officials meet to discuss slumping global oil markets, the Kremlin said, as Trump called Russia’s price war with Saudi Arabia ‘crazy’. The ahreement marks a new twist in global oil diplomacy since … Continue reading BUSINESS | U.S., Russia Agree To Oil Market Talks As Trump Call Price War ‘Crazy’

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s