RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The Saudi Cabinet stressed on Tuesday that Riyadh will continue to provide humanitarian aid to the Yemeni people through the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center.
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz chaired the cabinet meeting that was held in Riyadh.
Media Minister Turki al-Shabanah told the Saudi Press Agency that the ministers highlighted Saudi Arabia’s stance at the Humanitarian Senior Officials Meeting on the humanitarian crisis in Yemen. The meeting was hosted by the European Commission and Sweden last week. Riyadh slammed at the talks the violations committed by the Iran-backed Houthi militias, saying such provocative actions impede relief efforts and may lead to the suspension of humanitarian support to Yemen.
King Salman briefed the ministers on the meetings he held last week with each of Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid Al-Sabah and President of Guinea Alpha Conde and Monday’s talk with Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki.
The ministers also highlighted the Kingdom’s stance at last week’s Munich Security Conference. The Saudi delegation had presented its position on its strategic ties with the United States. It also tackled Iran, holding it responsible for instability in the region and accusing it of committing reckless actions against the regional and global economy. It also addressed the conflict in Yemen, underscoring its constant support for a political solution. The Saudi delegation in Munich also highlighted the Kingdom’s ambitious agenda during its presidency of the G20.
Furthermore, Shabanah said the ministers reiterated the Kingdom’s stance at the 58th Session of the Commission for Social Development at the United Nations where it declared that it will partner with the UN and international community to achieve its 2030 sustainable development goals.
The cabinet was also briefed on the preparations for Saudi Arabia’s hosting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) special meeting on the Middle East in April.
RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi – led coalition fighting Yemen’s Iran – aligned Houthi movement will announce at midnight on Wednesday it is halting military operations nationwide to support a U.N. ceasefire initiative, three sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. The suspension in fighting, expected to go into effect on Thursday, was … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi – Led Coalition To Announce Yemen Ceasefire At Midnight: sources
RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi-led coalition fighting the Houthi movement in Yemen will begin a two-week ceasefire on Thursday, senior Saudi officials said on Wednesday. The ceasefire will start at noon Saudi Arabia time on Thursday, they said. The officials, briefing reporters by telephone, said the ceasefire was aimed at giving the Iran … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi – Led Coalition To Begin Yemen Ceasefire on Thursday: Saudi Officials
ROYALS | Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Catch Backlash For Unveiling Their Charity Name During The Coronavirus Pandemic
BUCHAREST | ROMANIA – Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are catching some backlash after revealing the name of their new charity organization amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The announcement came as U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson was admitted to intensive care after contracting the coronavirus, which made many feel it was an insensitive time for … Continue reading ROYALS | Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Catch Backlash For Unveiling Their Charity Name During The Coronavirus Pandemic