BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Minister Denies Any Plans For Crown Prince To Meet Israeli PM

RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister on Thursday denied media reports of a possible meeting between Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, amid speculation about normalizing ties between Gulf Arab and Israel.

There is no meeting planned between Saudi Arabia and Israel’, Prince Faisal bin Farhan told Saudi-owned Al Arabia English website in response to reports that included Israel’s daily Haaretz.

The two countries’ interest in containing Iran have increasingly converged with both viewing Tehran as a main threat, but Saudi Arabia maintains that any relations hinge on Israeli withdrawal from Arab lands captured in the 1967 Middle East war, territory Palestinians seek for a future state.

Netanyahu appeared last month a White House event where President Donald Trump offered a peace plan that proposed creating a Palestinian state but diverged from a 2002 Saudi initiative.

The Palestinian leadership has rejected Trump’s plan, saying it heavily favors Israel and will deny them a viable independence state.

But Gulf Arab states welcome the U.S. efforts in a move viewed as prioritizing close ties with Washington vital to countering Iran over traditional unswerving support for the Palestinians.

In 2017, an Israeli cabinet minister said the country had covert contacts with Riyadh, and Israel Radio reported that Prince Mohammed had met with officials in Israel, drawing an official Saudi denial.

Netanyahu, who faces criminal corruption charges and is seeking re-election next month, has previously pointed to covert cooperation with Arab states, without naming them.

The longest-serving Israeli prime minister met Sudan’s leader last week during a visit to Uganda and agreed to start normalizing relations.

Prince Faisal said Saudi Arabia had always shown a willingness to normalize ties with Israel provided is ‘a just and fair settlement’ agreed by Israel and the Palestinians.

‘Short of that, Saudi policy will remain steadfast’, he added.


ENTERTAINMENT | Gwyneth Paltrow, Star Of ‘Contagion’, Is Taking Her Coronavirus Worries Seriously

Gwyneth Paltrow isn’t taking any risks. On her way to Paris, the actress posted a picture to Instagram showing herself taking precaution against the coronavirus. ‘Paranoid? Prudent? Panicked? Placid? Pandemic? Propaganda? Paltrow’s just going to go ahead and sleep with this things on the plane’, she wrote. ‘I’ve already been in this movie. Stay safe. … Continue reading ENTERTAINMENT | Gwyneth Paltrow, Star Of ‘Contagion’, Is Taking Her Coronavirus Worries Seriously

CORONAVIRUS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry For Umrah, Pilgrimage, Tourism Amid Coronavirus

Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry For Umrah, Pilgrimage, Tourism Amid Coronavirus RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia on Thursday suspended arrivals by foreigners for the Umrah pilgrimage and tourists from some two dozen countries where the new coronavirus has spread, as a growing nuber of cases depended fears of pandemic. The step comes ahead of … Continue reading CORONAVIRUS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry For Umrah, Pilgrimage, Tourism Amid Coronavirus

CORONAVIRUS ALERT | Japan Confirms First Case Of Person Being Reinfected With COVID-19

BUCHAREST  | ROMANIA – Japan has reported its first case of a person becoming reinfected with the coronavirus after appearing to have fully recovered. Officials in Osaka confirmed that a woman who works as a tour bus guide had tested positive for COVID-19 for the second time, further heightening concerns about the spread of the … Continue reading CORONAVIRUS ALERT | Japan Confirms First Case Of Person Being Reinfected With COVID-19

CORONAVIRUS ALELRT | Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry For Umrah Pilgrimage, Tourism And Coronavirus

RIYADH – Saudi Arabia on Thursday suspended foreigners’ entry for the Umrah pilgrimage and tourism from countries where the new coronavirus has spread, as a growing number of cases outside China deepened fears of a pandemic. The kingdom, which hosts the two holiest sites of Islam in Mecca and Medina, welcomes millions of Muslim visitors … Continue reading CORONAVIRUS ALELRT | Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry For Umrah Pilgrimage, Tourism And Coronavirus

SPORTS NEWS | Five-Time Major Winner Sharapova Retires Aged 32

BUCHAREST | ROMANIA – Maria Sharapova, the Russian five-time Grand Slam champion who become one of the highest paid sportswoman in the world, announced the end of her career at the age of 32 Wednesday. Siberian-born Sharapova, whose Wimbledon victory over Serena Williams in 2004, aged 17, propelled her to superstardom and riches, broke the … Continue reading SPORTS NEWS | Five-Time Major Winner Sharapova Retires Aged 32

WORLD NEWS | Trump Promises More Lawsuits Against New York Times

WASHINGTON – U.S.President Donald Trump said on Wednesday more lawsuits would be field against the New York Times after his re-election campaign said it was filing a libel suit over what it said was a false opinion article that suggested Russia and the campaign had an overarching deal in the 2016 U.S. election. Asked about … Continue reading WORLD NEWS | Trump Promises More Lawsuits Against New York Times

CORONAVIRUS ALERT | Romania Confirms First Case of Coronavirus: Health Minister

BUCHAREST | ROMANIA – – Romania confirmed its first case of coronavirus in a man from the southern country of Gorj on Wednesday, Health Minister Victor Costache said. ‘The man had been in direct contact with an Italian citizen who traveled to Romania earlier this month’, Costache told reporters. ‘He is in  a good condition … Continue reading CORONAVIRUS ALERT | Romania Confirms First Case of Coronavirus: Health Minister

CORONAVIRUS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry For Umrah Visits To Al Masjid Al Nabawy Amid Coronavirus

DUBAI – – Saudi Arabia temporarily suspended entry to the kingdom for the Umrah Islamic pilgrimage and visit to al Masjid Al Nabawy in Medina, the ministry of foreign affairs announced on Twitter on Thursday amid fears over the spread of the new coronavirus. The kingdom has also suspended entry to Saudi Arabia for anyone … Continue reading CORONAVIRUS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry For Umrah Visits To Al Masjid Al Nabawy Amid Coronavirus

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s