MILAN | ITALY – – As awards season draws to a close and most of the winning films have already debuted in the region, many of us are looking for the next cinematic masterpieces to add to our thinning watch list. However, Netflix is coming to rescue later this month with the addition of six short film produced by Saudi Arabian sartup studio Telfaz 11 Studios in efforts to promote emerging award-winning Arab cinema internationally. Subscribes of the international streaming giant can expect ‘exclusive access to captivating and intriguing stories from the Arab world’, explained director of content acquisition of Netflix, Nuha El Tayeb. ‘It is our strong belief that a great story can come from anywhere and be loved everywhere’, said El Tayeb. ‘With the vast number of local talents and creators all over the world, the potential for diverse and interesting stories is endless’.
Named ‘Six Windows in the Desert’, the six titles will be available from February 27 in 190 countries, in which local creative tackle complex social issues from surfacing in the Kingdom and elsewhere in the world, such as an exploration of the human psyche and extremism. ‘Not only will ‘Six Windows in the Desert’ offer global audiences a lens into the perspective of the Saudi creators, but also through the eyes of film characters with their own take on storytelling’, explained Netflix in a statement.
From 27th of Shaban following a couple on a date in the early 2000s when such an act was illegal in the Kingdom and Wasati retelling the true events behind an extremist attack in Riyadh a decade earlier, to Los Angeles Independent Film Festival Foreign Short Film winner Is Sumyati going to Hell? depicting racism in the household from the perspective of a child, viewers can expect riveting commentary and thought-provoking shots packaged in less than an hour. Also to join are sci-fi short Predicament in Sight, father – son dram The Rat, and female – starring Curtain.
Chief Executive officer at Telfaz11 Studios, Alaa Fadan, is hopeful that this is just one of the first steps in connecting the rich culture of Middle Eastern cinema with the global industry on a large scale. ‘We are excited to bring the work of local Saudi talents to 167 million subscribers around the world’, said Fadan. ‘Telfaz 11 Studios produces authentic and intriguing stories from our culture, and we cannot wait for the world to see what we have to offer’.
WASHINGTON – Global coronavirus cases exceeded 11 million on Friday, according to a Reuters tally, marking another milestone in the spread of the disease that has killed more than half a million people in seven months. The number of cases is more than double the figure for severe influenza illnesses recorded annually, according to the … Continue reading CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC | Global Coronavirus Cases Exceed 11 Million
Lamborghini’s new limited-edition SCV12 hypercar boasts most powerful V12 engine in a Lamborghini and is made only for the track. Earlier this year Lamborghini teased with an upcoming project that gave hints of a racing circuit but didn’t go so far to share the entire of the details – now we know why. Announced as … Continue reading SUPERCARS | Lamborghini SCV12 Track – Only Hypercar Has Most Powerful V12 Engine Yet
DUBAI – The United Arab Emirates will allow both citizens and residents to travel abroad, the state news agency reported on Friday. In March, the UAE suspended all inbound and outbound passenger flights and the transit of airline passengers in the UAE, allowing only cargo and emergency evacuation flights.
PARIS | FRANCE – The United Nations’ cultural agency has warned that its name and logo are being illegally emblazoned on false documents to facilitate illicit trafficking in African cultural property. UNESCO urged ‘vigilance’ Wednesday after it received numerous reports of such fraud and instance where its name was being used to certify the monetary … Continue reading NEWS | UNESCO Says Logo Being Used Illegally For Arts Trafficking
SUPERCARS | The 2021 Geneva International Motor Show is canceled as event organizers seek a new owner for the largest public event in Switzerland.
GENEVA – Following the 2020 Geneva International Motor Show’s cancellation due to the COVID-10 pandemic, the 2021 event has suffered the same fate as the Committee and Council of Foundation ‘Salon International de l’Automobile’ has decided not to proceed with organizing the event. Although it’s possible travel restriction will be lifted by next year, in … Continue reading SUPERCARS | The 2021 Geneva International Motor Show is canceled as event organizers seek a new owner for the largest public event in Switzerland.