RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi Cabinet reiterated on Tuesday the Kingdom’s condemnation of Iran’s attacks against bases housing U.S. forces in Iraq.
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz chaired the cabinet meeting that was held in Riyadh.
The ministers stressed that Saudi Arabia “stands by Iraq against all challenges that threaten its security, stability and Arab identity”.
They renewed Saudi Arabia’s call on the international community to exert efforts to force Iran to commit to respecting the sovereignty of the countries in the Middle East. Tehran must also respect international laws and treaties and cease destabilizing the region.
Iran last week fired missiles against two Iraqi basses housing U.S. forces that are part of the anti-ISIS coalition. The attack was in retaliation of Washington’s killing of top Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani in an air strike in Baghdad on January 3.
The Saudi Cabinet also underscored Saudi Arabia’s strong condemnation of the bombing that targeted a mosque in southwestern Pakistan. It slammed the targeting of a place of worship, offering its condolences to the people and government of Pakistan.
King Salman briefed the ministers on the telephone discussion he held with Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison. He also briefed them on the discussion with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who paid an official visit to the Kingdom on Sunday, and the message he received on Sunday from Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
The cabinet offered its condolences to the people and ruling family of Oman after the passing of Sultan Qaboos bin Said last week. It also congratulated Haitham bin Tariq on succeeding the late ruler, wishing him success in preserving and developing Oman’s prosperity.
In remarks to the Saudi Press Agency, Media Minister Turki al-Shabanah said the cabinet welcomed the launch of the 2020 International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC) that is being held in Dahahran. The event was inaugurated by the minister of energy on behalf of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense.
Shabanah said that the Aramco – hosted conference is in line with the Kingdom’s Vision 2030.
BEIRUT | LEBANON – Five-time Grammy award-winning singer Celine Dion has cancelled her Lebanon concert, the Byblos International Festival confirmed. “Due to the current situation in Lebanon, Byblos International Festival and Celine Dion Management have both agreed with deep regret to cancel Celine Dion appearance at Beirut Waterfron on July 31st 2020”, the festival account … Continue reading ENTERTAINMENT | Celine Dion Cancels Lebanon Concert→
MILAN | ITALY – Syrian documentary, “For Sama”, was nominated for an Academy Award on Monday. The film is the first feature documentary by Emmy Award-winning filmmakers, Waad Al-Kateab and Edward Watts. It is both an intimate and epic journey into the female experience of war. A love letter from a young mother to her … Continue reading OSCARS | Syrian Documentary, “For Sama”, Bags Oscar Nomination→
RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud issued today a royal order deputing HRH Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, to administer state affairs and take care of people’s interest during the King’s travel abroad.
RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz received in Riyadh on Sunday Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, reported the Saudi Press Agency. He threw a luncheon banquet in honor of his guest, who is on a tour of the region. Abe had arrived in the Kingdom on … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | King Salman Receives Japanese PM→
MILAN | ITALY – The 2020 Oscar ceremony in February will again have no host, the head of ABC Television Entertainment said on Wednesday. “Let me confirm it now. Together with the Academy (of Motion Picture), we have decided there will be no traditional host again this year”, Karey Burke, president of ABC Entertainment, told … Continue reading ENTERTAINMENT | Oscars To Go Host-Less For Second Year, ABC Says→