RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud issued today a royal order deputing HRH Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, to administer state affairs and take care of people’s interest during the King’s travel abroad.
- Saudia To Buy Up To 100 Lilium Electric Aircraft For Domestic NetworkPARIS, France – – Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) has signed an agreement with German air taxi developer Lilium to buy up to 100 of its aircraft for use on Saudia’s domestic network, the state carrier’s chief executive said on Wednesday. Saudia CEO Ibrahim Koshy said the planes would be ”a premium service” that carry four […]
- Saudia In Talks With Airbus And Boeing Over Plane OrdersPARIS, France – Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) is in talks with plane makers Airbus SE and Boeing Co on orders for itself and a new carrier the kingdom plans to launch, the state-owned airline’s chief executive said on Tuesday. The talks are for aircraft for both airlines as they have the ”same shareholder”, Ibrahim Koshy […]
- Riyadh And Washington Will Overcome Spat, Saudi Minister SaysPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia and the United States will get over their ”unwarranted” spat over oil supplies, the kingdom’s investment minister told a business forum in Riyadh on Tuesday, highlighting long-standing corporate and institutional ties. This month’s decision by the OPEC+ alliance led by Saudi Arabia to cut oil output targets unleashed a war […]
- Saudi Crown Prince Not Attending Arab Summit On Doctors’ Advice, Algerian Presidency SaysPARIS, France – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman will not attend the Arab summit to be held on Nov.1 in Algeria, in compliance with a doctors’ recommendation to avoid travel, the Algerian presidency said in a statement late on Saturday. Prince Mohammed, the kingdom’s de-facto ruler, ”expressed his regret for non-attending the Arab Summit”, […]
- Saudi Arabia’s SALIC, Brazil’s Minerva Buy Australia Lamb Company For About $260 MlnPARIS, France – The Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment Company (SALIC), owned by the Saudi Public Investment Fund, and Brazilian meatpacker Minerva has acquired the Australian Lamb Company (ALC) for 970 million riyals ($258 million), SALIC said in a statement on Friday. The acquisition was done through Minerva Food Australia, a joint venture established last […]
- Saudi Energy Minister Says OPEC+ Doing The Right Job To Ensure Stable MarketMILAN, Italy – Saudi Arabia’s energy minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman on Friday said OPEC+ is doing the right job to ensure stable and sustainable oil markets. He was responding to questions on a recent decision by OPEC+ to cut oil output by 2 million barrels per day.
PARIS, France – U.S. President Joe Biden warned President Xi Jinping on Monday that the United States would enhance its security position in Asia if Beijing cannot rein in North Korea’s weapons programmes, and during a three-hour meeting, the two leaders also had strong words about Taiwan. Bident told a news conference after his first […]
PARIS, France – The children of Iran’s revolution are carrying out their own revolution, said French President Emmanuel Macron in an interview with French radio broadcast on Monday, as Iran holds seven French citizens in the country amid deteriorating ties between the two countries. France lashed out at Iran on Oct.6, accusing it of ”dictatorial […]
PARIS, France – At least one person was killed and 10 others were wounded on Monday after rockets hit the headquarters of an Iranian Kurdish party in the city of Koye, near the capital of Iraq’s autonomous Kurdish region Erbil, the mayor of Koye Tariq Haidari said. Iran’s semi-official Fars news said the country’s Revolutionary […]