Custodian of Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz received in Riyadh on Tuesday the leaders and heads of delegations of member states attending the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) ahead of its upcoming 40th summit.
King Salman welcomed Oman’s deputy Prime Minister Fahd bin Mahmood Al Said upon his arrival at the Saudi capital.
He also received the Qatari delegation, headed by Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser Al Thani.
He then welcomed the Vice President of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
He also received Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and his accompanying delegation and Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah.
The GCC summit is scheduled for Tuesday and is set to discuss issues of common interests among the bloc.
- TRAVEL ESSENTIALS | Notice setting date for Saudi International Flight ‘Is Bogus’RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – A fake circular suggesting Saudi Arabia will resume international flights in October has been condemned as ‘completely baseless and fabricated’ by the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA). Rumors that international flights will shortly return have been circulating on social media in recent weeks without any official statement from GACA. … Continue reading TRAVEL ESSENTIALS | Notice setting date for Saudi International Flight ‘Is Bogus’
- NEWS | Saudi Arabia King Salman Arrives In NEOM For Rest And Relaxation: State News AgencyRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia King Salman bin Abdulaziz arrived in the NEOM economic zone on Wednesday for a period of rest and relaxation, according to state news agency SPA. The 84-year-old king had been released from hospital on July 30 after undergoing surgery to remove his gall bladder. In videos posted by … Continue reading NEWS | Saudi Arabia King Salman Arrives In NEOM For Rest And Relaxation: State News Agency
- BUSINESS | Saudi Stock Exchange To Launch Environmental Index With MSCI: CEORIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s stock exchange (TADAWUL) plans to launch an environmental, social or governance (ESG) index in cooperation with global index provider MSCI by the fourth quarter of this year or first quarter of 2021, the bourse’s chief executive said on Wednesday. The index will include at least 70 Saudi listed … Continue reading BUSINESS | Saudi Stock Exchange To Launch Environmental Index With MSCI: CEO
- NEWS | U.S. Secretary Of State Pompeo Defends Saudi Arms Sales After Watchdog ReportPRAGUE – U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday his department did everything by the book in regards to arms sales to Saudi Arabia in 2019 after a government watchdog found the risk of civilian casualities in Yemen was not fully evaluated. His comments came after a State Deoartment Inspector General report earlier … Continue reading NEWS | U.S. Secretary Of State Pompeo Defends Saudi Arms Sales After Watchdog Report
- SPORTS | In Implementation Of Directives of Saudi Crown Prince, 5th King Abdulaziz Camel Festival To Start On December 1stRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – In implementaton of the directives of HRH Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, General Supervisor of the Camel Club, the 5th edition of King Abdulaziz Camel Festival is set to be held on the December the 1st. It is … Continue reading SPORTS | In Implementation Of Directives of Saudi Crown Prince, 5th King Abdulaziz Camel Festival To Start On December 1st
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince, Brazilian President Discuss Bilateral TiesRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, held telephone talks on Monday with Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro. Bolsonaro had telephoned the Crown Prince to inquire about the health of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, who had undergone … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince, Brazilian President Discuss Bilateral Ties
- BREAKING NEWS | Aramco’s Dividend Defence Are Triple-LockedRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia has deployed its triple-bottomed dividend defence sooner than expected. The Saudi state energy giant is handing $18.75 billion to investors this quarter even though earnings plunged to little more than a third of the amount. It’s a contrast with rivals BP and Royal Dutch Shell, which both trimmed … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Aramco’s Dividend Defence Are Triple-Locked
- BREAKING NEWS | CanSino To Start Phase III Trial Of Covid-19 Vaccine In SaudiRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia will soon begin Phase III clinical trials on around 5,000 people for a COVID-19 vaccine develop by China’s CanSino Biologics Inc., a Saudi health ministry spokesman said on Sunday. Last month, CanSino’s co-founder said the company was in talks with Russia, Brazil and Saudi Arabia to launch a … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | CanSino To Start Phase III Trial Of Covid-19 Vaccine In Saudi
- BUSINESS | Saudi Information Security Firm Elm To Aquire TabadulSaudi information security company Elm is to acquire digital services company Tabadul from Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, Elm said in a statement on Sunday. The Public Investment Fund (PIF) also owns Elm and was considering an initial public offering of the information security company, sources told Reuters in May. The value of the deal, … Continue reading BUSINESS | Saudi Information Security Firm Elm To Aquire Tabadul
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Aramco’s Profit Plunges 73.4%, Sees Signs Of Oil Market RecoveryMILAN | ITALY – Saudi state oil group Aramco on Sunday reported a 73.4% fall in second-quarter net profit, a steeper drop than analysts had forecast, and said it expected capital expenditure for 2020 to be at the lower end of a $25 billion to $30 billion range. The world’s biggest oil exporter said the … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Aramco’s Profit Plunges 73.4%, Sees Signs Of Oil Market Recovery
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Set Air Bridge To Aid LebanonRIYADH – Saudi Arabia sent its first batch of assistance to Lebanon on Friday after Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud ordered the establishment of an air bridge for relief aid to the Lebanese people who were affected by devastating blast at Beirut port this week. Two aid planes … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Set Air Bridge To Aid Lebanon
- BUSINESS | Riyadh Travel Fair Faces Second Delay Amid CoronavirusRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s largest tourism display, the Riyadh Travel Fair 2020, has been postponed for a second time because of safety fears over the coronavirus pandemic. Initially scheduled for March, the annual event was first shifted to September, but is now planned for March 15-18, 2021. The latest postponement was made … Continue reading BUSINESS | Riyadh Travel Fair Faces Second Delay Amid Coronavirus