Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz will chair in Riyadh on Tuesday the 40th Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Summit.
Riyadh has previously hosted the GCC Summit on eight occasions.
GCC Secretary General Dr. Abdullatif Al-Zayani said the Kingdom’s hosting of the the meeting reflects its leadership’s keenness on the council, which has proven its ability to overcome challenges and achieve its higher goals.
He hailed King Salman’s leadership and his dedicated efforts to bolster the GCC out of his belief in the strength of fraternal relations among the bloc’s member states.
In remarks to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), he congratulated Saudi Arabia for assuming the presidency of the G20, saying this reflects the Kingdom’s high economic standing in the world and its constructive role in backing developing countries and regional issues.
He hoped the GCC Summit will achieve the aspiration of the Gulf people in achieving greater cooperation between their countries.
The agenda is full of issues that aim to boost joint Gulf work in various political, economic, defense, security and legal fields. The Gulf leaders are also expected to tackle key regional and international affairs.
- Saudi Arabian, Austrian FMs Hold Joint Press Conference In ViennaSaudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Frhan on Tuesday said the Kingdom has a common vision with Austria regarding the stability of the region in a joint press conference with his Austrian counterpart Alexander Schallenberf in Vienna. Schallenberg said Saudi Arabia is his country’s largest partner in the Middle East. ‘Saudi Arabia plays a … More Saudi Arabian, Austrian FMs Hold Joint Press Conference In Vienna
- Qatar Receives New Saudi Ambassador As The Two Mend RelationsQatar’s foreign minister on Monday received the new Saudi Ambassador to Doha, the first to be reinstated by Arab states after they agreed to end a dispute with Qatar earlier this year, state news agency QNA said. Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain resolved in January to lift the boycott imposed in … More Qatar Receives New Saudi Ambassador As The Two Mend Relations
- Saudi Arabia Bars Foreign Travellers From Haj Over COVID – 19Saudi Arabia has restricted the annual Haj pilgrimage to its own citizens and residents for the second year running in response to the coronavirus pandemic, the state Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported on Saturday. Only people aged between 18 and 65 who have been vaccinated or immunised against the virus, and are free of chronic … More Saudi Arabia Bars Foreign Travellers From Haj Over COVID – 19
- Saudi Sovereign Fund PIF To Invest In Investcorp – Aberdeen InfrastructureSaudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund PIF will become an anchor investor in infrastructure fund being launch by Bahrain’s Ivestcorp and Berdeen Standard Investments. Aberdeen Standard Investcorp Infrastructure Parners (ASIIP) received a capital commitment from the $430 billion PIF for up to %20 of the total size of the fund size of the fund ahead of … More Saudi Sovereign Fund PIF To Invest In Investcorp – Aberdeen Infrastructure
- King Salman Orders Promotion Of 160 JudgesKing Salman issued a royal order promoting and appointing 160 judges at the Ministry of Justice to various ranks. Justice Minister and Presidentt of the Supreme Judicial Council Sheikh Dr. Walid bin Mohammed Al – Samaani thanked King Salman for his continuous support to the judiciary. The Kingdom is taking measures to revolutionize its judicial … More King Salman Orders Promotion Of 160 Judges
- Saudi Crown Prince Discusses Regional Security With US Defense SecretaryU.S. Defense Secretary Loyd Austin spoke with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Wednesday and emphasized American’s commitment to helping Saudi Arabia defend its territory and people, the Pentagon said. Austin and the crown prince discussed regional security, particularly efforts to end the war in Yemen, and ‘ongoing bilateral efforts to improve Saudi Arabia’s … More Saudi Crown Prince Discusses Regional Security With US Defense Secretary
- Saudi – Led Coalition Says It’s Behind Military Buildup On Red Sea IslandThe Saudi – led military coalition engaged in Yemen said on Thursday it had established a presence on a strategic island at the entrance to the Red Sea to counter perceived threats to maritime trade from the Iran – aligned Houthi movement. The statement was issued in response to an Associated Press report citing Yemeni … More Saudi – Led Coalition Says It’s Behind Military Buildup On Red Sea Island
- Russia and Saudi Arabia Prepare For Joint Manned Space Mission – StatementRussia is training cosmonauts from Saudi Arabia as both countries are preparing for a joint manned space mission, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak was quated as saying in a government statement on Tuesday. Russia and Saudi Arabia are both major oil exporters. Cooperation in the energy market as part of oil output deals has … More Russia and Saudi Arabia Prepare For Joint Manned Space Mission – Statement
- World Tourism Organization To Establish Headquarters In Saudi Arabia’s RiyadhThe United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) announced on Wednesday that it will be establishing its first headquarters in the Middle East in Saudi Arabia’s capital city Riyadh. The announcement cames as the Kingdom pledged to donate $100 million to establish a fund to support tourism in cooperation with the World Bank. Saudi Arabia’s Cabinet … More World Tourism Organization To Establish Headquarters In Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh
- Saudi Deputy Defense Minister Meets Commander Of U.S. Central CommandSaudi Arabia’s Deputy Minister of Defense Prince Khalid Bin Salman met with U.S. Marine Corps General Kenneth Franklin McKenzie Jr., commander of the United States Central Command, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA_ reported Tuesday. ‘During the meeting they discussed the partnership between the Kingdom and the United States, specifically in the defense and military aspects’, … More Saudi Deputy Defense Minister Meets Commander Of U.S. Central Command
- Saudi Arabia’s Pif Launches An Initiative Of 200 Mln Euros To Develop Africa’s SahelSaudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman announced during a summit held in France to help finance Africa’s post – pandemic recovery that the Saudi Public Investment Fund is launching a initiative of 200 million euros to develop the Sahel region countries, in partnership with the French Development Agency, according to a statement released by … More Saudi Arabia’s Pif Launches An Initiative Of 200 Mln Euros To Develop Africa’s Sahel
- Dakar Rally To Take Place Across Saudi Desert In First Week Of JanuaryThe 2022 Dakar Rally will take place across the desert of Saudi Arabia between January 2 and 14, it was been announced by Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO) and the Saudi Arabian Automobile and Motorcycle Federation (SAMF) in a virtual presentation on Tuesday night. ‘Welcome for the third time to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the … More Dakar Rally To Take Place Across Saudi Desert In First Week Of January