Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz will chair in Riyadh on Tuesday the 40th Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Summit.
Riyadh has previously hosted the GCC Summit on eight occasions.
GCC Secretary General Dr. Abdullatif Al-Zayani said the Kingdom’s hosting of the the meeting reflects its leadership’s keenness on the council, which has proven its ability to overcome challenges and achieve its higher goals.
He hailed King Salman’s leadership and his dedicated efforts to bolster the GCC out of his belief in the strength of fraternal relations among the bloc’s member states.
In remarks to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), he congratulated Saudi Arabia for assuming the presidency of the G20, saying this reflects the Kingdom’s high economic standing in the world and its constructive role in backing developing countries and regional issues.
He hoped the GCC Summit will achieve the aspiration of the Gulf people in achieving greater cooperation between their countries.
The agenda is full of issues that aim to boost joint Gulf work in various political, economic, defense, security and legal fields. The Gulf leaders are also expected to tackle key regional and international affairs.
- Saudi Crown Prince Welcomes Biden At Al – Salam Palace In JeddahJEDDAH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister of Defense, welcomed on Friday U.S. President Joe Biden at the Al – Salam Palace in Jeddah. Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz is set to meet with Biden at the Al – Salam Palace. Biden had arrived … More Saudi Crown Prince Welcomes Biden At Al – Salam Palace In Jeddah
- Saudi Arabia Resumes Visa On Arrival For US, UK, Schengen Valid Visa HoldersPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia has resumed issuing visas on arrival for holders of valid U.S., U.K. and Schengen visas if they qualify for an e – visa, state news agency (SPA) reported on Friday. The decision which allows any of these visa holders to ger a 12 – month tourist visa upon arrival to … More Saudi Arabia Resumes Visa On Arrival For US, UK, Schengen Valid Visa Holders
- Biden, Saudi King Discuss Energy Supplies, Iran And YemenPARIS, France – U.S. President Joe Biden and King Salman of Saudi Arabia discussed energy supplies in the face of soaring fuel prices and developments in the Middle East, including Iran and Yemen, in a telephone call on Wednesday. ‘The two leaders committed to ensuring the stability of global energy supplies’, the White House said … More Biden, Saudi King Discuss Energy Supplies, Iran And Yemen
- Saudi Arabia Requires Citizens To Take COVID Booster Shot To Travel Abroad Starting Feb. 9PARIS, France – Saudi Arabia said on Thursday that citizens will be required to take the COVID-19 booster shot to be able to travel abroad starting Feb.9, state media reported. The kingdom is also requiring visitors to present a negative PCR result before entry.
- King Salman Heads Saudi Arabia’s First In – Person Cabinet Session Since PandemicSaudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdul Aziz headed on Tuesday the first in – person Cabinet meeting in Riyadh since COVID-19 disrupted activities globally. The Council of Ministers met at the al – Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday to discuss a range of events front recent leaps made in bilateral ties with a number … More King Salman Heads Saudi Arabia’s First In – Person Cabinet Session Since Pandemic
- Saudi Arabia Says Dakar Rally Accident Investigation Show No Criminal SuspicionsParis, France – Saudi Arabia’s foreign ministry said on Friday that initial results of an investigation an accident during the Dakar car rally, which left one French contestant injured last week, showed no criminal suspicions. The Kingdom is liaising with the concerned French authorities to share available related to the accident, the ministry added in … More Saudi Arabia Says Dakar Rally Accident Investigation Show No Criminal Suspicions
- Saudi Culture Minister To Open Saudi Day Celebration At Expo 2020 Dubai On FridayPARIS, France – Prince Badr bin Abdullah bin Farhan, culture minister and chairman of the supervisory committee of the Saudi Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, will head an official Saudi delegation that will visit the UAE to attend the Saudi Day celebration on Friday, Saudi Press Agency said on Wednesday. The Pavilion is preparing to … More Saudi Culture Minister To Open Saudi Day Celebration At Expo 2020 Dubai On Friday
- Saudi – Led Coalition Strikes Targets In Yemen’s Sana’s State TVMILAN, Italy – The Saudi – led coalition launched air strikes on targets in Yemen’s capital Sana’s in response to drone attacks launched by the Yemeni Iran – aligned Houthi movement earlier this week, Saudi state TV said early on Wednesday. The coalition also said on Wednesday it destroyed workshops and warehouses for drones, urging … More Saudi – Led Coalition Strikes Targets In Yemen’s Sana’s State TV
- Saudi Arabia Tightens COVID – 19 Measures In MeccaRIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia on Thursday reimposed social distancing measures at the Grand Mosque in the Muslim holy city of Mecca, after recording the highest number of COVID – 19 infections in months. Workers have returned floor markings removed on October 17 to guide people to social distance in and around the Grand … More Saudi Arabia Tightens COVID – 19 Measures In Mecca
- Saudi King Says Kingdom Concerned About Iran’s ‘Lack Of Cooperation’RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi King’s Salman said on Wednesday that Saudi Arabia was concerned about Iran’s lack of cooperation with the international community on its nuclear and ballistic missile programmes. King Salman bin Abdulaziz said in an address to the kingdom’s advisory Shura Council that he hoped Iran would change its ‘negative’ behaviors in … More Saudi King Says Kingdom Concerned About Iran’s ‘Lack Of Cooperation’
- King Salman To Deliver Annual Shoura Council Speech On WednesdayRIYADH, Saudi Arabia – King Salman will deliver an annual speech on Wednesday discussing the Kingdom’s internal and external policy and its position on important regional and international issues. Shoura Council Speaker Dr. Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Ibrahim Al – Asheikh said the council will be honored to listen to the king’s speech which will … More King Salman To Deliver Annual Shoura Council Speech On Wednesday
- Saudi Cabinet Approves Evidence Law To Develop The LegislativeRIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia’s cabinet approved a law of evidence to develop the Kingdom’s legislative system on Tuesday. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said the law of evidence is the first of four previously announced draft reform bills to be approved, Saudi Press Agency reported. The other three draft laws are the personal … More Saudi Cabinet Approves Evidence Law To Develop The Legislative