RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA, December 1, 2019 – The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia assumed the G20 Presidency today, leading up to the Leaders’ Summit in Riyadh on 21-22 November, 2020. The Saudi G20 Presidency commends the work of the Japanese G20 Presidency in 2019 and will continue to support the group’s efforts to forge global cooperation.
Commenting on the Presidency launch, His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, the Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, said: “The Saudi G20 Presidency is committed to continuing the work from Osaka and promoting multilateral consensus, Working with our G20 partners, we will strive to deliver concrete actions and realize opportunities to enable us to face the challenges of the future”.
Prince Mohammed Bin Salman added: “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is at the crossroads of three continents – Asia, Africa and Europe. In hosting the G20, the Kingdom will have an important role to play by sharing the perspective of the Middle East and North Africa region. We believe this will be a unique opportunity to shape consensus on international issues as we welcome the world to the kingdom”.
The Kingdom will guide the work of the G20 under the theme of “Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All” and will focus on three aims:
- Empowering People, by creating the condition in which all people – especially women and young people – can live, work and thrive.
- Safeguarding the Planet, by fostering collective efforts on food and water security, climate, energy and environment.
- Shaping New Frontiers, by adopting long-term, bold strategies to share benefits of innovation and technological advancement.
During its G20 Presidency, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is committed to ensuring the G20 continues to reflect a broad and inclusive range of international perspectives. In line with that commitment, the Kingdom has extended invitations to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the Republic of Singapore, the Kingdom of Spain and the Swiss Confederation. Additionally, regional organizations are also invited, including the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), as well as the Socialist Republic of Vietnam as the Chair of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Republic of South Africa as the Chair of the African Union (AU), the United Arab Emirates as the Chair of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), and the Republic of Senegal as the Chair of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD).
International organizations have historically contributed significantly to the G20 agenda. Invited international organizations for 2020 include the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the Financial Stability Board (FSB), the International Labor Organization (ILO), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the United Nations (UN), the United Nations (UN), the World Bank Group (WBG), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Trade Organization (WTO).
In the run-up to the Leaders’ Summit, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will host more than 100 events and conferences, including ministerial meetings and meetings of officials and representatives from civil society, including the Business 20, Youth 20, Labour 20, Think 20, Civil 20, Women 20, Science 20 and Urban 20.
Further information, including the Presidency Agenda and full program of events, can be found on the G20 website: http://www.g20.org.
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Says History Will Remember Sabah Al-Ahmad’s Great DeedsRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense has sent a cable of condolences to Kuwaity Emir Sheikh Nawaf al-Agmad al-Jaber al-Sabah on the death of Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber, the Saudi Press Agency reported. SPA said that the Crown Prince … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Says History Will Remember Sabah Al-Ahmad’s Great Deeds
- NEWS ALERT | King Salman In Cable To Sheikh Nawaf: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait Are Tied By Deep – Rooted TiesRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, has sent a cable of condolences to Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Saban on the death of Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah. The King also congratulated the Emir on assuming power. ‘We lost a dear brother … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | King Salman In Cable To Sheikh Nawaf: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait Are Tied By Deep – Rooted Ties
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia’s King, Crown Prince Offer Condolences After Death Of Kuwaiti EmirCustodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, offered on Tuesday their condolences to Kuwait after the passing of Emir Sheikh Sabah al – Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah. In a statement, they offered their condolences to the al-Sabah family and fraternal … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia’s King, Crown Prince Offer Condolences After Death Of Kuwaiti Emir
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi Authority For Intellectual Property Board Approves Registry of Family Names, As TrademarksRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property board has approved registration of family names as trademarks, following a decision to reconsider acceptance of registration of family names applications as trademarks, after endorsing the safeguards and standards. The decision was unfolded to regulate and arrange for the purpose, as it is deemed … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi Authority For Intellectual Property Board Approves Registry of Family Names, As Trademarks
- SECURITY | General Auditing Bureau Adopts Cybersecurity Plan In Saudi ArabiaRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The General Auditing Bureau has adopted a cybersecurity strategic plan to strengthen and protect itself from internal and external threats. The strategy is based on cybersecurity key principal, such as confidentiality, safety and availability, to ensure that protection measures are accurate and appropriate. The adoption of the strategic cybersecurity plan … Continue reading SECURITY | General Auditing Bureau Adopts Cybersecurity Plan In Saudi Arabia
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi Arabia To Host Women’s Golf Events In NovemberSaudi Arabia will host professional golf tournaments for women for the first time ever in November at the Royal Greens Golf & Country Club in Jeddah. The Saudi Ladies International will be the first Ladies European Tour (LET) even to take place in the country and will run from Nov. 12-15, with a purse of … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi Arabia To Host Women’s Golf Events In November
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi To Host Global Artificial Intelligence Summit Under Patronage Of Crown PrinceRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi Data and Artificial Intelligence Authority (SDAIA) will organize a two-day Global Artificial Intelligence Summit (GAIS) on October 21 under the patronage of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. GAIS, which will be held under the title: ‘AI for … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi To Host Global Artificial Intelligence Summit Under Patronage Of Crown Prince
- NEWS ALERT | In U.N. Debut, Saudi King Calls For Comprehensive Solution On IranNEW YORK – Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abudlaziz on Wednesday called for a comprehensive solution on Iran and disarming its affiliate Hezbollah in Lebanon, and expressed support for U.S. efforts to start talks between Israel and the Palestinians during his first address to the United Nations General Assembly. He said Iran has exploited a … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | In U.N. Debut, Saudi King Calls For Comprehensive Solution On Iran
- ARTS & CULTURE & ENTERTAINMENT | Jeddah Host The Red Sea MuseumThe Saudi Ministry of Culture announced the establishment of the Red Sea Museum, which will open its doors in 2020, in Bab Al Banat in the Historic Jeddah. The ministry says the museum will include manuscripts, photos, and books, which tell the story of the Bab al-Bunt’s heritage and demonstrate its role as a historical … Continue reading ARTS & CULTURE & ENTERTAINMENT | Jeddah Host The Red Sea Museum
- NEWS | Saudi Deputy Defense Minister Hopes Peace Is Restored In Yemen Based On Riyadh AgreementRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Deputy Defense Minister Prince Khalid bin Salman said Tuesday that the Kingdom is looking forward to the establishment of ‘comprehensive and lasting peace in Yemen through the implementation of the Riyadh Agreement’. On the occasion of the International Day of Peace, he said: ‘We look forward to the day … Continue reading NEWS | Saudi Deputy Defense Minister Hopes Peace Is Restored In Yemen Based On Riyadh Agreement
- ARTS & CULTURE & ENTERTAINMENT | The New Digital – Art Museum Is Coming To Saudi ArabiaSaudi Arabia’s Ministry of Culture has announced a collaboration with international art collective teamLab to create a digital-art museum as part of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030. The museum will be located in Jeddah, and is set to be called TeamLab Borderless Jeddah and will open in 2023. The 10 – year collaboration agreement between Saudi … Continue reading ARTS & CULTURE & ENTERTAINMENT | The New Digital – Art Museum Is Coming To Saudi Arabia
- FASHION | Billy Porter’s 2020 Emmys Ensemble Was Custom – Made By This Saudi LabelBilly Porter is known for his unapologetic style and statement red carpet looks. Despite this year’s Emmy Awards being held digitally, porter didn’t hold back from bringing his show-stopping outfits to the event, wearing a custom-made ensemble by Saudi label, Ashi Studio. The actor, who was nominated for the award for outstanding lead actor in … Continue reading FASHION | Billy Porter’s 2020 Emmys Ensemble Was Custom – Made By This Saudi Label