RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA, December 1, 2019 – The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia assumed the G20 Presidency today, leading up to the Leaders’ Summit in Riyadh on 21-22 November, 2020. The Saudi G20 Presidency commends the work of the Japanese G20 Presidency in 2019 and will continue to support the group’s efforts to forge global cooperation.
Commenting on the Presidency launch, His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, the Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, said: “The Saudi G20 Presidency is committed to continuing the work from Osaka and promoting multilateral consensus, Working with our G20 partners, we will strive to deliver concrete actions and realize opportunities to enable us to face the challenges of the future”.
Prince Mohammed Bin Salman added: “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is at the crossroads of three continents – Asia, Africa and Europe. In hosting the G20, the Kingdom will have an important role to play by sharing the perspective of the Middle East and North Africa region. We believe this will be a unique opportunity to shape consensus on international issues as we welcome the world to the kingdom”.
The Kingdom will guide the work of the G20 under the theme of “Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All” and will focus on three aims:
- Empowering People, by creating the condition in which all people – especially women and young people – can live, work and thrive.
- Safeguarding the Planet, by fostering collective efforts on food and water security, climate, energy and environment.
- Shaping New Frontiers, by adopting long-term, bold strategies to share benefits of innovation and technological advancement.
During its G20 Presidency, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is committed to ensuring the G20 continues to reflect a broad and inclusive range of international perspectives. In line with that commitment, the Kingdom has extended invitations to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the Republic of Singapore, the Kingdom of Spain and the Swiss Confederation. Additionally, regional organizations are also invited, including the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), as well as the Socialist Republic of Vietnam as the Chair of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Republic of South Africa as the Chair of the African Union (AU), the United Arab Emirates as the Chair of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), and the Republic of Senegal as the Chair of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD).
International organizations have historically contributed significantly to the G20 agenda. Invited international organizations for 2020 include the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the Financial Stability Board (FSB), the International Labor Organization (ILO), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the United Nations (UN), the United Nations (UN), the World Bank Group (WBG), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Trade Organization (WTO).
In the run-up to the Leaders’ Summit, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will host more than 100 events and conferences, including ministerial meetings and meetings of officials and representatives from civil society, including the Business 20, Youth 20, Labour 20, Think 20, Civil 20, Women 20, Science 20 and Urban 20.
Further information, including the Presidency Agenda and full program of events, can be found on the G20 website: http://www.g20.org.
- ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT | Everything You Need To Know About Saudi Arabia’s Winter At Tantora FestivalEverything You Need To Know About Saudi Arabia’s Winter At Tantora Festival The Winter Season in the Middle East brings with it the best of what the region has to offer in the form of cultural events. Both tourists and residents can expect an uncountable number of concerts, fashion events, art exhibitions, racing events as … Read more
- SAUDI ARABIA | Minister Of Culture Announces National Cultural Awards For Saudi TalentsRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Prince Badr Bin Abdullah Bin Farhan, Minister of Culture, has announced the initiative of the National Cultural Awards to celebrate the achievements of Saudi talents in all sixteen major cultural sectors approved by the Ministry. The Minister said that the National Cultural Awards are an extension of the appreciation … Read more
- SAUDI ARABIA | 700 Women Attend “Women’s Right” ForumRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Assistant of Educational Affairs at General Department of Education in Asir Region Nourah Al-Mofreh opened in Abha yesterday the introductory forum “Women’s Rights” in the attendance of 700 women, aiming to increase women’s awareness of their rights. Women’s General Directorate of Legal Affairs at Ministry of Education Dr Awatif … Read more
- GCC SUMMIT | King Salman Receives Gulf Leaders Ahead Of GCC Summit In RiyadhCustodian of Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz received in Riyadh on Tuesday the leaders and heads of delegations of member states attending the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) ahead of its upcoming 40th summit. King Salman welcomed Oman’s deputy Prime Minister Fahd bin Mahmood Al Said upon his arrival at the Saudi capital. He … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince: Economic Transformation Advancing Firmly According To Vision 2030RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, hailed on Monday the speech by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz on the occasion of the unveiling of the Kingdom’s 2020 budget. The Crown Prince stressed that the economic transformation that has … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | King Salman Approves Saudi 2020 Budget of $272 BillionRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud approved on Monday the Kingdom’s budget 2020 with spending projected at $272 billion, with revenues estimated at $222 billion. During a cabinet meeting in Riyadh, King Salman said his government is determined to continue to diversify sources of … Read more
- ENTERTAINMENT | Saudi Film Wins Jury Prize At Marrakech International Film FestivalSaudi film “Last Visit” won the jury award at Marrakech International Film Festival. Directed by Abdulmohsen Al-Dhabaan, it tells the story of an inter-generational conflict between a grandfather, father and son about establishing a life between the capital, Riyadh, and a distant village, and the differences in traditions between the two regions. Upon receiving news … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | We Will Continue Building, Progress as the Budget for the Year 2020 Enhances Vision 2030 Objectives, says HRH Crown PrinceHis Royal Highness Prince Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense whos is also Chairman of the Economic and Development Affairs Council, lauded the lofty implications of the speech of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, on the occasion … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Riyadh Gears Up To Host 40th GCC Summit On TuesdayCustodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz will chair in Riyadh on Tuesday the 40th Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Summit. Riyadh has previously hosted the GCC Summit on eight occasions. GCC Secretary General Dr. Abdullatif Al-Zayani said the Kingdom’s hosting of the the meeting reflects its leadership’s keenness on the council, which … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Restaurants In Saudi Arabia No Longer Need To Segregate Woman And MenRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Men in Saudi Arabia will no longer need to use separate entrance for male customers or sit behind partitions at restaurants in the latest measure announced by the government. In the past, cafes and restaurants were segregated by “family” sections which were allocated for women who are out on their … Read more
- ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT | Saudi Arabia Is Hosting The World’s First Ever Desert Polo TournamentAl Ula Desert Polo is set to make its debut on 16 January 2020, as part of the Winter at Tantora Cultural Festival. Saudi Arabia is set to host a brand new concept of world polo early next year, symbolic of a major milestone in the Kingdom’s burgeoning sporting and social journey. Not only is … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabian Crown Prince telephones US PresidentRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – HEH Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, made a phone call to President Donald Trump, the President of the United States of America. In the call, HRH the Crown Prince expressed his condolences to the U.S. President and … Read more