RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia celebrates on Saturday the fifth anniversary of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud’s ascension to the throne.
The Kingdom has made remarkable and unprecedented political, social, economic and development achievements since King Salman ascended the throne on January 23, 2015.
The achievements have demonstrated that the Saudi leadership is committed to its pledge to build a state for the future and to take its place among the major world powers, with all of their political, economic, scientific and social weight.
King Salman’s speeches at international and local forums have emphasized the importance of national development and the need to achieve more accomplishments. He has sought to highlight the role of Saudi youth in making achievements possible, saying they are firmly forging their way forward, armed with their Islamic and Arab heritage.
He has sought to underline that Saudi Arabia is the country of Islam, from where this religion emerged, stressing that the Kingdom stands firmly with all Arab and Muslim countries as they strive for their rights.
His speeches have also underscored the importance of the Gulf Cooperation Council, which was originally formed to bolster the peace, stability, development and prosperity of the Gulf people.
Through his five years in power, Saudi Arabia witnessed massive development, which was recognized and praised around the world. This progress aims to achieve sustainable development that will allow the Kingdom to take its place among the world’s advanced countries.
The Kingdom also approved development project and signed major deals with global companies aimed at further developing the country. It has sought to ease its dependence on oil through investing in local tourism in all of its forms with the Kingdom aiming to attract 100 million tourists annually, according to Vision 2030. To that end, Saudi Arabia inaugurated several major projects, such as the King Salman Park, Sports Boulevard, Green Riyadh, Riyadh Art and Diriyah Gate Project. King Salman also inaugurated during the holy month of Ramadan the Hajj and Umrah Progam that is part of Vision 2030.
Women empowerment has also been at the forefront of Saudi achievements in recent years under King Salman’s reign. The Kingdom has taken unprecedented decisions to empower women through granting their natural right to employment, which will allow them to directly contribute to the country’s development alongside their male counterparts. Women were also allowed to drive during King Salman’s reign.
King Salman grew up in the royal palace in Riyadh where he used to accompany his father at official meetings with kings and world rulers.
He received his early education at the Princes’ School in Riyadh where he studied religious and modern studies. He completed reading the holy Quran, under the guidance of late Imam of the Masjid Al-Haram Sheikh Abdullah Khayyat, when he was ten years old.
Since his youth, King Salman showed an interest in education and was granted several honorary degrees and awards in recognition of his efforts.
King Salman was appointed Governor of the Riyadh region in 1955 when he was 20 years old. He occupied that position for more than five decades. During that time, he transformed the capital, then of 200,000 people, into one of the Arab world’s fasted growing capitals.
His tenure as governor was not without obstacles and challenges, but he was able to overcome them and Riyadh is now one of the wealthiest and most influential cities in the region. Moreover, King Salman has received several awards and medals in recognition of his humanitarian efforts.
- SPORTS | Racing In The Streets: Jeddah To Host First Saudi F1 Grand PrixSaudi Arabia’s inaugural Formula 1 Grand Prix next year will take place on the city streets of Jeddah. The Saudi Grand Prix appears on the provisional F1 calendar for 2021 that has been distributed to race teams. It is expected to be the penultimate race of the 2021 season, which will conclude with the Abu … Continue reading SPORTS | Racing In The Streets: Jeddah To Host First Saudi F1 Grand Prix
- BUSINESS | Jean Novel Concept Designs For Sharaan Resort In AlUla UnveiledNew concept designs for the Sharaan by Jean Nouvel resort revealed today after a deeper understanding of the architect’s daring vision for AlUla, the cultural oasis in north-west Arabia. Located deep within the Sharaan Nature Reserve, the design draw on the nearby Nabataean wonders of Hegra, Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site. In a … Continue reading BUSINESS | Jean Novel Concept Designs For Sharaan Resort In AlUla Unveiled
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi Senior Scholars: Insults to Prophets Serve Extremist InterestsRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi Council of Senior Scholars stressed on Sunday that the insult of Prophets only serves the interests of extremists. In a statement, it said: The extremists only want to spread hatred among mankind’. ‘It is the duty of wise people throughout the world to condemn such insults that have … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi Senior Scholars: Insults to Prophets Serve Extremist Interests
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Says Intercepts Houthi Drones Aimed At Southern RegionRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The Saudi-led military coalition engaged in Yemen said on Sunday night it intercepted and destroyed a second, explosive-laden drone launched by the Iran-aligned Houthi movement towards southern Saudi Arabia, Saudi State Media reported. No casualties or damage were reported. The coalition said earlier it had intercepted the first drone … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Says Intercepts Houthi Drones Aimed At Southern Region
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Issues SR20 Banknote To Mark G20 PresidencyMILAN | ITALY – The Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority said on Saturday it will release a new SR20 banknote to mark the Kingdom’s presidency of the G20 Summit. The new banknote will be put into circulation on Sunday, and will feature King Salman and the G20 Saudi Summit logo on one site, with a world … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Issues SR20 Banknote To Mark G20 Presidency
- TRAVEL ALERT | Saudi Arabia To Resume Flights For 33 Destinations In NovemberSaudi Arabia’s national carrier Saudi announced it will resume flights to 33 destinations in November. Destinations include major international capitals across Europe, Asia and Africa. Regional destinations that include Dubai and Beirut also resume next month. Saudia travellers who are going to U.S. will only be able to fly to Washington. The airlines said flights … Continue reading TRAVEL ALERT | Saudi Arabia To Resume Flights For 33 Destinations In November
- EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN | Saudi Arabia To Establish Future Women’s Civil AssociationRIYADH | SAUDI ARABI A- – Saudi Arabia is to establish a Future Women’s Civil Association to help develop the work of the volunteer and nonprofit sector in the Kingdom. Saudi Minister of Human Resources and Social Development Ahmed Al-Rajhi said his decision is to set up the civil society was in line with the … Continue reading EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN | Saudi Arabia To Establish Future Women’s Civil Association
- King Salman: We Embarked On Unprecedented Reform Journey To Empower WomenThe Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz, said that the Kingdom has embarked on an unprecedented reform journey to empower women and support their participation in national development. He added that the country was proud of the distinguished work of the Women 20 group, within the framework of the G20, which … Continue reading King Salman: We Embarked On Unprecedented Reform Journey To Empower Women
- BREAKING NEWS | Mohammed Bin Salman Calls On ‘Dreamers’ To Join Saudi Arabia In Building ‘Economies Of Knowledge’RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, called on Wednesday ‘all dreamers to join Saudi Arabia in building economies of knowledge’. ‘At this summit, we look forward to unveiling a number of important initiatives with our global partners to help speed up the adoption … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Mohammed Bin Salman Calls On ‘Dreamers’ To Join Saudi Arabia In Building ‘Economies Of Knowledge’
- BUSINESS | Hermes Launches Its First-Ever Digital Flagship Store In Saudi ArabiaRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – From its line of stylish hijabs to pieces that work perfectly for customers into the more modest of fashion statements, Hermes has been focusing much more on catering to the region’s contemporary woman. Now, the luxury brand is taking a key step further by launching its first flagship digital store … Continue reading BUSINESS | Hermes Launches Its First-Ever Digital Flagship Store In Saudi Arabia
- BREAKING NEWS | Under Auspices Of Crown Prince, Inaugural Global Artificial Intelligence Summit Kicks Off In RiyadhSaudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, sponsored in Riyadh on Wednesday the launch of the inaugural Global Artificial Intelligence Summit (GAIS). The two-day ‘AI for the Good of Humanity’ is organized by the Saudi Data and AI Authority (SDAIA) and G20 Saudi Secretariat as part of The International … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Under Auspices Of Crown Prince, Inaugural Global Artificial Intelligence Summit Kicks Off In Riyadh
- WORLD NEWS | Trump Calls Fauci A ‘Disaster’ And Seek To Reassure His Team He Can WinWASHINGTON – President Donald Trump called coronavirus expert Anthony Fauci a ‘disaster’ on Monday, airing his frustration with the scientist during a call meant to reassure campaign staff he has a path to victory on Nov.3 despite trailing in opinion polls. Trump and Fauci a member of his coronavirus task force, have been at odds … Continue reading WORLD NEWS | Trump Calls Fauci A ‘Disaster’ And Seek To Reassure His Team He Can Win