RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia celebrates on Saturday the fifth anniversary of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud’s ascension to the throne.
The Kingdom has made remarkable and unprecedented political, social, economic and development achievements since King Salman ascended the throne on January 23, 2015.
The achievements have demonstrated that the Saudi leadership is committed to its pledge to build a state for the future and to take its place among the major world powers, with all of their political, economic, scientific and social weight.
King Salman’s speeches at international and local forums have emphasized the importance of national development and the need to achieve more accomplishments. He has sought to highlight the role of Saudi youth in making achievements possible, saying they are firmly forging their way forward, armed with their Islamic and Arab heritage.
He has sought to underline that Saudi Arabia is the country of Islam, from where this religion emerged, stressing that the Kingdom stands firmly with all Arab and Muslim countries as they strive for their rights.
His speeches have also underscored the importance of the Gulf Cooperation Council, which was originally formed to bolster the peace, stability, development and prosperity of the Gulf people.
Through his five years in power, Saudi Arabia witnessed massive development, which was recognized and praised around the world. This progress aims to achieve sustainable development that will allow the Kingdom to take its place among the world’s advanced countries.
The Kingdom also approved development project and signed major deals with global companies aimed at further developing the country. It has sought to ease its dependence on oil through investing in local tourism in all of its forms with the Kingdom aiming to attract 100 million tourists annually, according to Vision 2030. To that end, Saudi Arabia inaugurated several major projects, such as the King Salman Park, Sports Boulevard, Green Riyadh, Riyadh Art and Diriyah Gate Project. King Salman also inaugurated during the holy month of Ramadan the Hajj and Umrah Progam that is part of Vision 2030.
Women empowerment has also been at the forefront of Saudi achievements in recent years under King Salman’s reign. The Kingdom has taken unprecedented decisions to empower women through granting their natural right to employment, which will allow them to directly contribute to the country’s development alongside their male counterparts. Women were also allowed to drive during King Salman’s reign.
King Salman grew up in the royal palace in Riyadh where he used to accompany his father at official meetings with kings and world rulers.
He received his early education at the Princes’ School in Riyadh where he studied religious and modern studies. He completed reading the holy Quran, under the guidance of late Imam of the Masjid Al-Haram Sheikh Abdullah Khayyat, when he was ten years old.
Since his youth, King Salman showed an interest in education and was granted several honorary degrees and awards in recognition of his efforts.
King Salman was appointed Governor of the Riyadh region in 1955 when he was 20 years old. He occupied that position for more than five decades. During that time, he transformed the capital, then of 200,000 people, into one of the Arab world’s fasted growing capitals.
His tenure as governor was not without obstacles and challenges, but he was able to overcome them and Riyadh is now one of the wealthiest and most influential cities in the region. Moreover, King Salman has received several awards and medals in recognition of his humanitarian efforts.
- Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Launches National Investment StrategyRIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman launched the Kingdom’s National Investment Strategy (NIS) on Monday, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported. According to SPA, the National Investment Strategy is one of the main enablers to achieve the goals of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 program. The National Investment strategy will contribute to the … More Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Launches National Investment Strategy
- Justin Bieber in Saudi Arabia: Pop Star To Headline F1 post – race concert in JeddahPARIS, France – Justin Bieber will be performing in Saudi Arabia’s Jeddah on December 5, headlining a concert on the sidelines of the Formula 1 stc Saudi Arabian Gran Prix (GP). ‘CALLING ALL BELIEBERS’. Yes, it’s true! @JustinBieber is headlining the stc Saudi Arabian GP post – race concert on Sunday 5 December at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit!’ the F1 stc … More Justin Bieber in Saudi Arabia: Pop Star To Headline F1 post – race concert in Jeddah
- Saudi Arabia’s New COVID – 19 Vaccination Rules Come Into EffectRIYADH, Saudi Arabia – New rules requiring people in Saudi Arabia to have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine before entering certain public place come into effect today, October 10. Under the new regulations announced on October 1, anyone wishing to enter government buildings, schools, events, or use public transportation and air travel must have received … More Saudi Arabia’s New COVID – 19 Vaccination Rules Come Into Effect
- Consortium Led By Saudi Arabia’s PIF Officially Takes Over Newcastle UnitedLONDON – A consortium led by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment fund (PIF) officially took over Newcastle United, the Premier League announced on Thursday. ‘Following the completion of the Premier League’s Owners’ and Directors’ Test, the club has been sold to the consortium with immediate effect’, the Premier League statement said. The consortium includes PCR Capital … More Consortium Led By Saudi Arabia’s PIF Officially Takes Over Newcastle United
- Saudi Arabia Updates Its COVID – 19 Travel Guidelines For Certain CategoriesRIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia on Tuesday updated its travel requirements and guidelines, allowing certain categories of people from all countries to directly travel to the Kingdom, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported. Travelers in the following categories are now allowed to travel to Saudi Arabia directly from the countries where they were … More Saudi Arabia Updates Its COVID – 19 Travel Guidelines For Certain Categories
- EU Foreign Policy Chief Says Discussed Nuclear Talks, Afghanistan In Saudi VisitRIYADH / Saudi Arabia – European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said during a visit to Saudi Arabia on Sunday that he had briefed his partners about the prospects of restarting nuclear talks with Iran and hoped that would happen ‘soon’. Borrell, speaking at a joint news conference with his Saudi counterpart, said he had … More EU Foreign Policy Chief Says Discussed Nuclear Talks, Afghanistan In Saudi Visit
- Saudi Arabia: Full Vaccination Mandatory To Attend Events, Ride Public TransportRIYAHD/Saudi Arabia – The Saudi Interior Minister reiterated on Friday that full vaccination against COVID-19 is necessary to enter public and private institution, attend school and public transportation. Quoting an official source at the Ministry, it said the decision is based on what health authorities have submitted about what has proven by the competent national … More Saudi Arabia: Full Vaccination Mandatory To Attend Events, Ride Public Transport
- Saudi’s Crown Prince Announces New $13 Billion ‘Arabian Highland’ DevelopmentRiyad/Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has announced a $13 billion (SAR50 billion) strategy to develop the Aseer region into a tourist destination, with plans to attract 10 million visitors by 2030. The development strategy under the theme of ‘The Arabian Highland’ aims to achieve a comprehensive, unprecedented and sustainable growth … More Saudi’s Crown Prince Announces New $13 Billion ‘Arabian Highland’ Development
- Saudi King Salman Wishes Prosperity On Nation Ahead Of National DayRiyadh / Saudi Arabia – – Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz wished prosperity on the nation ahead of the Kingdom’s 91st National Day on Thursday. The comments were made during a virtual session of the Council of Ministers on Tuesday. King Salman also commemorated his predecessors including the country’s founder, King Abdulaziz. Saudi National … More Saudi King Salman Wishes Prosperity On Nation Ahead Of National Day
- Saudi Arabia Expresses Concern Over Iran’s Lack Of Transparency On Nuclear ProgramRiyadh / Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia is concerned over Iran’s lack of transparency in regards to its nuclear program, the Kingdom’s Minister of Energy Prince Abdulaziz Bin Salman said on Monday during an International Atomic Energy (IAEA) meeting with other member states. Saudi Arabia reiterates the importance of countries around the world abiding by … More Saudi Arabia Expresses Concern Over Iran’s Lack Of Transparency On Nuclear Program
- U.S. State Department Approves Potential $500 Million Saudi Maintenance Deal￼WASHINGTON – – The U.S. State Department has approved a potential agreement covering up to $500 million in military support services for Saudi Arabia, and has sent the agreement to Congress for review, the Pentagon said on Thursday. It was the first major defense agreement for Saudi Arabia sent to Congress since President Joe Biden … More U.S. State Department Approves Potential $500 Million Saudi Maintenance Deal￼
- Saudi – Led Coalition Thwarts Houthi Missile And Drones Attack – MediaDubai / UAE – – The Saudi – led coalition said late on Thursday that it thwarted and destroyed four Houthi explosives – laden drones and a ballistic rocket fired in the direction of the southern Saudi city of Jazan, Saudi state media reported. The Saudi – led military coalition intervened in Yemen in 2015, … More Saudi – Led Coalition Thwarts Houthi Missile And Drones Attack – Media