RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA, November 30, 2019 – His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, has sent a cable of congratulations to Romania’s President Klaus Iohannis on his country’s National Day.
In his cable, HRH Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman expressed his best wishes of permanent health and happiness to his Excellency the President, and further progress and prosperity to the government and people of Romania.
- SABIC’s Quarterly Net Profits Slumps 94% On Lower Sales PricesPARIS, France – Petrochemicals firm Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) said on Tuesday its fourth-quarter net profit slumped 94% on lower average sales prices. SABIC posted a net income of 0.29 billion riyals ($77.28 million) in the three – month period ended Dec. 31, down from 4.97 billion riyals in the year-ago period. Princes across […]
- Ukraine Gets Support From Saudis With $400 Million Aid DealPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia signed agreements worth $400 million with Ukraine on Sunday after the kingdom’s foreign minister made a surprise visit to Kyiv, a movie praised by Washington. Prince Faisal bin Farhan met President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, his chief of staff Andriy Yermak, his Ukrainian counterpart Dymytro Kuleba, and others. He was the highest-ranking […]
- Saudi Arabia Pauses Wealth Fund Plan To Acquire Egyptian Bank – SourcesPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia has put a plan by its sovereign wealth fund to acquire the United Bank of Egypt on hold because of a disagreement with the Egyptian authorities over its valuation, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. The pause is the most recent stumble in the vast investment programme promised […]
- Still Filming, Spielberg, 76, Wins Berlin Lifetime AwardsPARIS, France — Director Steven Spielberg, picking up a lifetime achievement awards at the Berlin Film Festival, said the prospect of making new films continued to excite him at 76, and unveiled new details of his planned HBO series. The director, whose credits include some of the biggest – grossing and best – loved works […]
- UAE Names ADNOC Chief Jaber As COP28 Climate Conference PresidentPARIS, France – The United Arab Emirates said on Thursday that Sultan al – Jaber, the head of state oil giant ADNOC, would act as president of the COP28 climate conference it is hosting this year. Jaber, also UAE’s minister of industry and technology and its climate envoy, will help develop the COP28 agenda and […]
- Saudi Arabia To Host Pre-Pandemic Numbers For 2023 Haj Pilgrimage SeasonPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia will remove COVID-19 restriction for the 2023 haj season and host pre-pandemic numbers of pilgrims, the kingdom’s ministry of haj and umrah said on Monday. In 2019, the last yeast before the pandemic struck, some 2.6 million people performed the haj. The kingdom allowed only limited numbers from its residents […]
- UAE President Congratulates Netanyahu On InaugurationPARIS, France – United Arab Emirates President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al – Nahyan called Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to congratulate him on his inauguration, the official Emirates News Agency (WAM) reported on Saturday. Netanyahu was sworn in as Israel’s prime minister on Thursday in a comeback at the head of a hard-right cabinet […]
- Former Pope Benedict Dies Aged 95PARIS, France – Former Pope Benedict, who in 2013 became the first pontiff in 600 years to step down, died on Saturday aged 95 in the Mater Ecclesiae Monastery in the Vatican where he had lived since his resignation, a spokesman for the Holy See said. ”With sorrow I inform you that Pope Emeritus, Benedict […]
- Ronaldo Joins Saudi Arabian Club Al Nassr Until 2025PARIS, France – Portugal capital Cristiano Ronaldo has joined Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr on a 2-1/2 year contract, the club announced on Friday, after leaving Manchester United to become a free agent. Ronaldo departed Old Trafford last month following an explosive television interview in which the 37-year-old forward said he felt betrayed by the […]
- Pele, Who Died At 82, Was A Sports Star And Cultural IconPARIS, France – The Brazilian soccer star said Andy Warhol told him that. It was a twist on something else the American artist is widely credited with saying, that ”in the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes”. Warhol made the soccer star’s portrait in 1977, and Pele took great pride in turning his […]
- Unemployment Among Saudi Citizens Increase To 9.9 In Q3/22PARIS, France – Unemployment in Saudi Arabia among citizens increased to 9.9% in the third quarter, up 0.2. percentage points from the previous quarter but the overall unemployment rate remained unchanged at 5.9 percent, data released on Thursday showed. The rate of joblessness among citizens fell from 11.3% in the same period last year, however, […]
- Messi To Return To PSG In Early January, Says GaltierPARIS, France – Lionel Messi will return to Paris St Germain at the beginning of January, the Ligue 1 club’s manager Christophe Galtier said on Tuesday. The Argentine forward, seven – times Ballon D’Or winner, scored two goals to lead his country to victory over France on penalties in the World Cup final nine days […]
Leave a Reply