ABU DHABI|UAE – The Patron of the Abu Dhabi Art 2019, H.H.Sheikh Khalid bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Member of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council and Chairman of Abu Dhabi Executive Office, has visited the leading art fair, taking place from 21-23 November at Manarat Al Saadiyat.
During his tour of the exhibits, His Highness was joined by Noura Al Kaabi, UAE Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development; Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, UAE Minister of State; Mohamed Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman of the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi; Sheikh Salem Al Qassimi, Assistant Undersecretary for the Arts and Heritage Sector at the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development, and Dyala Nusseibeh, Director of Abu Dhabi Art.
While touring the galleries, Sheikh Kalid met with participating gallerists and a number of the curators and artists contributing to the Abu Dhabi Art cultural programme.
Now in its 11th edition, the leading art fair features participation from esteemed galleries, artists and curators from around the world, as well as emerging local talent, in its wide-ranging exhibitions and programming. In addition to the commercial aspect of the fair, the event offers specially-commissioned installations, curated exhibitions, and a full public programme of talks, workshops, performances and other activations.
- WORLD NEWS | Greta Thumberg Has Been Named Time Magazine’s 2019 Person Of The YearGreta Thumberg Has Been Named Time Magazine’s 2019 Person Of The Year Greta Thunberg appears on a brand-new cover of Time Magazine, which named the youth climate striker its 2019 Person of the Year. Greta Thunber has been named Time Magazine’s 2019 Person of the Year. The teen climate striker, who’s spend the last year … Read more
- BUSINESS | Dubai Expects 3.2 Growth in 2020DUBAI | UAE – – Dubai’s Department of Economic Development (D.E.D.) expects the real GDP growth to reach 2.1. percent this year, 3.2 percent in 2020, and 3 percent in 2021. Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Executive Council of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum stressed that the comprehensive development … Read more
- ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT | Everything You Need To Know About Saudi Arabia’s Winter At Tantora FestivalEverything You Need To Know About Saudi Arabia’s Winter At Tantora Festival The Winter Season in the Middle East brings with it the best of what the region has to offer in the form of cultural events. Both tourists and residents can expect an uncountable number of concerts, fashion events, art exhibitions, racing events as … Read more
- SAUDI ARABIA | Minister Of Culture Announces National Cultural Awards For Saudi TalentsRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Prince Badr Bin Abdullah Bin Farhan, Minister of Culture, has announced the initiative of the National Cultural Awards to celebrate the achievements of Saudi talents in all sixteen major cultural sectors approved by the Ministry. The Minister said that the National Cultural Awards are an extension of the appreciation … Read more
- SAUDI ARABIA | 700 Women Attend “Women’s Right” ForumRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Assistant of Educational Affairs at General Department of Education in Asir Region Nourah Al-Mofreh opened in Abha yesterday the introductory forum “Women’s Rights” in the attendance of 700 women, aiming to increase women’s awareness of their rights. Women’s General Directorate of Legal Affairs at Ministry of Education Dr Awatif … Read more
- SOCIAL MEDIA | Sharjah Issues Social Media Law For Government, InfluencersRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Crown Prince of Sharjah and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah and Chairman of the Sharjah Executive Committee, issued and Executive Decree No. 39 of 2019 that makes it mandatory for all government departments in Sharjah to first get approval from the Sharjah Media Office prior to using services offered by social … Read more
- GCC SUMMIT | King Salman Receives Gulf Leaders Ahead Of GCC Summit In RiyadhCustodian of Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz received in Riyadh on Tuesday the leaders and heads of delegations of member states attending the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) ahead of its upcoming 40th summit. King Salman welcomed Oman’s deputy Prime Minister Fahd bin Mahmood Al Said upon his arrival at the Saudi capital. He … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince: Economic Transformation Advancing Firmly According To Vision 2030RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, hailed on Monday the speech by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz on the occasion of the unveiling of the Kingdom’s 2020 budget. The Crown Prince stressed that the economic transformation that has … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | King Salman Approves Saudi 2020 Budget of $272 BillionRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud approved on Monday the Kingdom’s budget 2020 with spending projected at $272 billion, with revenues estimated at $222 billion. During a cabinet meeting in Riyadh, King Salman said his government is determined to continue to diversify sources of … Read more
- ENTERTAINMENT | Saudi Film Wins Jury Prize At Marrakech International Film FestivalSaudi film “Last Visit” won the jury award at Marrakech International Film Festival. Directed by Abdulmohsen Al-Dhabaan, it tells the story of an inter-generational conflict between a grandfather, father and son about establishing a life between the capital, Riyadh, and a distant village, and the differences in traditions between the two regions. Upon receiving news … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | We Will Continue Building, Progress as the Budget for the Year 2020 Enhances Vision 2030 Objectives, says HRH Crown PrinceHis Royal Highness Prince Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense whos is also Chairman of the Economic and Development Affairs Council, lauded the lofty implications of the speech of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, on the occasion … Read more
- HEALTH | Decorative Lights Contain Harmful Substances, Experts WarnDecorative lights contain potentially harmful plasticizers who concentration exceed legal limits, said an environmental organization. The Germany-based Friends of the Earth Organization has recently assigned a laboratory to test four types of decorative lights to see if they contain harmful phthalates and chlorinated paraffins. The tested lamps were brought from online vendors. “In three of … Read more