PARIS| FRANCE – Saudi Minister of Culture Prince Badr bin Abdullah bin Farhan has thanked King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud for their limitless support to culture and art.
He congratulated on Wednesday the Saudi leadership on Saudi Arabia’s election to the executive board of UNESCO for 2019-2023.
“We look forward to working together with our partners to promote peace through education, science, culture and the arts”, said the minister, who is also Chairman of the Saudi National Commission for Education, Science and Culture.
The Saudi Minister of Culture earlier this week met with UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay on the sidelines of the International Forum of Ministers of Culture 2019 in Paris.
During the meeting they discussed ways of cooperation between UNESCP and the Ministry of Culture in the fields of science, culture, arts and heritage.
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Orders Road Development Project In RiyadhRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has ordered the development of main roads in the heart of Riyadh in order to upgrade the city’s transportation system. The project aims to transform Riyadh to be a major hub in providing sustainable transportation services as well as logistics services in the … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Congratulates Kuwait’s Emir on National DayRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, has sent a cable of congratulation to Kuwait’s Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber on the anniversary of his country’s National Day. In His cable, the Crown Prince wished the Emir good health … Read more
- BUSINESS | Aramco Says Received Approval For Jafurah Gas Field DevelopmentRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Saudi Aramco said on Saturday it had received regulatory approval to develop Saudi Arabia’s Jafurah non-associated gas field and expects production to start in early 2024. It said output would reach around 2.2. billion cubic feet per day of sales gas by 2036, with an associated 425 million cubic … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Bans Expatriates From Travelling To Iran To Prevent New Coronavirus InfectionsRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The Saudi General Directorate of Passport has announced the continuation of the suspension of travelling of citizens and expatriates to Iran. The measure comes within the framework of the health procedures adopted in the Kingdom to prevent any new coronavirus infections. Based on the requirements of maintaining public health, … Read more
- BUSINESS NEWS | U.S. Blocking G20 Mention Of Climate Change In Draft Communiqué, Diplomats SayRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The United States is against mentioning climate change in the communiqué of the world’s financial leaders, G20 diplomats said, after a new draft of the joint statement showed the G20 are considering including it as a risk factor to growth. Finance ministers and central bankers of the world’s 20 … Read more
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi GDP Growth Projected To See An Uptick This Year, Backed By Non –Oil Sector: Central BankRIYADH | Saudi Arabia’s economic growth is projected to see an uptick this year, backed by the non – oil economy, the country’s central bank governor said on Saturday. Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA) Governor Ahmed Al-Kholifey, also told an economic conference in Riyadh that it was too early to get the full picture of … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Plans $110 Billion Investment In Jafurah Unconventional Gas Field: SPARIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia plans to invest $110 billion to develop unconventional gas reserves in Saudi Arabia’s Jafurah field, the state news agency SPA said on Friday. It said the development plans were reviewed by the Saudi High Commission for Hydrocarbons in a meeting chaired by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Meets With U.S. Secretary Of StateRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, met Thursday with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. During the meeting, they reviewed aspects of bilateral relations, the various areas of cooperation between the two friendly countries and opportunities for enhancing … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | U.S. Secretary Of State Pompeo To Visit Saudi Arabia Until FridayRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will meet with King Salman, Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman and Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan during a three-day visit to Saudi Arabia sarting on Wednesday, the U.S. State Department said.
- BREAKING NEWS | Grifols To Help Saudi Arabia Produce Blood Plasma MedicinesMADRID | SPAIN – – Spanish pharmaceutical company Grifols said on Tuesday it had signed a non-binding agreement with Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund to help the country produce plasma-derived medicine. Barcelona – based Grifols and the Public Investment Fund (PIF) have agreed in principle to create a joint venture that will develop plasma collection … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Continues To Support Yemeni PeopleRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The Saudi Cabinet stressed on Tuesday that Riyadh will continue to provide humanitarian aid to the Yemeni people through the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center. Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz chaired the cabinet meeting that was held in Riyadh. Media Minister Turki … Read more
- ARTS & CULTURE & ENTERTAINMENT | Red Sea International Film Festival Reveals Details Of Its First EditionJEDDAH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Red Sea International Film Festival announced on Monday the program details, competition lineup and industry initiatives of its first edition at a press conference held in Al-Balad Historic Jeddah, Bait Qabil. Set to take place March 12-21 at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Festival will shed light on … Read more