RIYADH/SAUDI ARABIA, November 5, 2019 – His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, met Tuesday with President Abd Rabuh Mansour Hadi of the Republic of Yemen.
During the meeting, they discussed the latest developments at the Yemeni Arena. For his part, HRH Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman hailed the exerted efforts to reach Riyadh Agreement between the Yemeni Government and the Transitional Council.
- SABIC’s Quarterly Net Profits Slumps 94% On Lower Sales PricesPARIS, France – Petrochemicals firm Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) said on Tuesday its fourth-quarter net profit slumped 94% on lower average sales prices. SABIC posted a net income of 0.29 billion riyals ($77.28 million) in the three – month period ended Dec. 31, down from 4.97 billion riyals in the year-ago period. Princes across […]
- Saudi Arabia To Host Pre-Pandemic Numbers For 2023 Haj Pilgrimage SeasonPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia will remove COVID-19 restriction for the 2023 haj season and host pre-pandemic numbers of pilgrims, the kingdom’s ministry of haj and umrah said on Monday. In 2019, the last yeast before the pandemic struck, some 2.6 million people performed the haj. The kingdom allowed only limited numbers from its residents […]
- Saudia To Buy Up To 100 Lilium Electric Aircraft For Domestic NetworkPARIS, France – – Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) has signed an agreement with German air taxi developer Lilium to buy up to 100 of its aircraft for use on Saudia’s domestic network, the state carrier’s chief executive said on Wednesday. Saudia CEO Ibrahim Koshy said the planes would be ”a premium service” that carry four […]
- Saudia In Talks With Airbus And Boeing Over Plane OrdersPARIS, France – Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) is in talks with plane makers Airbus SE and Boeing Co on orders for itself and a new carrier the kingdom plans to launch, the state-owned airline’s chief executive said on Tuesday. The talks are for aircraft for both airlines as they have the ”same shareholder”, Ibrahim Koshy […]
- Riyadh And Washington Will Overcome Spat, Saudi Minister SaysPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia and the United States will get over their ”unwarranted” spat over oil supplies, the kingdom’s investment minister told a business forum in Riyadh on Tuesday, highlighting long-standing corporate and institutional ties. This month’s decision by the OPEC+ alliance led by Saudi Arabia to cut oil output targets unleashed a war […]
- Saudi Crown Prince Not Attending Arab Summit On Doctors’ Advice, Algerian Presidency SaysPARIS, France – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman will not attend the Arab summit to be held on Nov.1 in Algeria, in compliance with a doctors’ recommendation to avoid travel, the Algerian presidency said in a statement late on Saturday. Prince Mohammed, the kingdom’s de-facto ruler, ”expressed his regret for non-attending the Arab Summit”, […]
- Saudi Arabia’s SALIC, Brazil’s Minerva Buy Australia Lamb Company For About $260 MlnPARIS, France – The Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment Company (SALIC), owned by the Saudi Public Investment Fund, and Brazilian meatpacker Minerva has acquired the Australian Lamb Company (ALC) for 970 million riyals ($258 million), SALIC said in a statement on Friday. The acquisition was done through Minerva Food Australia, a joint venture established last […]
- Saudi Energy Minister Says OPEC+ Doing The Right Job To Ensure Stable MarketMILAN, Italy – Saudi Arabia’s energy minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman on Friday said OPEC+ is doing the right job to ensure stable and sustainable oil markets. He was responding to questions on a recent decision by OPEC+ to cut oil output by 2 million barrels per day.
- Saudi Crown Prince Welcomes Biden At Al – Salam Palace In JeddahJEDDAH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister of Defense, welcomed on Friday U.S. President Joe Biden at the Al – Salam Palace in Jeddah. Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz is set to meet with Biden at the Al – Salam Palace. Biden had arrived […]
- Saudi Arabia Resumes Visa On Arrival For US, UK, Schengen Valid Visa HoldersPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia has resumed issuing visas on arrival for holders of valid U.S., U.K. and Schengen visas if they qualify for an e – visa, state news agency (SPA) reported on Friday. The decision which allows any of these visa holders to ger a 12 – month tourist visa upon arrival to […]
- Biden, Saudi King Discuss Energy Supplies, Iran And YemenPARIS, France – U.S. President Joe Biden and King Salman of Saudi Arabia discussed energy supplies in the face of soaring fuel prices and developments in the Middle East, including Iran and Yemen, in a telephone call on Wednesday. ‘The two leaders committed to ensuring the stability of global energy supplies’, the White House said […]
- Saudi Arabia Requires Citizens To Take COVID Booster Shot To Travel Abroad Starting Feb. 9PARIS, France – Saudi Arabia said on Thursday that citizens will be required to take the COVID-19 booster shot to be able to travel abroad starting Feb.9, state media reported. The kingdom is also requiring visitors to present a negative PCR result before entry.
Leave a Reply