RIYADH/SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman on Friday agreed that the initial public offering of state oil giant Aramco will be announced on Sunday, five sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
The world’s top oil company will announce its intention to float (ITF) on November 3, the sources added.
“The crown prince finally gave the green light”, one source said.
Aramco declined to comment.
Saudi Aramco officials and advisers have held last-minute meetings with investors over the past few days in an attempt to achieve as close to a $2 trillion valuation as possible ahead of an expected listing launch on Sunday, according to sources.
The final meeting by the Saudi government on Friday evening was to decide whether to go ahead with the listing.
Although Crown Prince Mohammed put a $2 trillion valuation on the company in early 2016, bankers and company insiders say Aramco’s value is closer of $1.5 trillion.
At the price, Aramco would still be worth at least 50% more than the world’s most valuable companies, Microsoft and Apple, which each have a market capitalization of around $1 trillion.
Riyadh is looking to list a 1%-2% stake on the Saudi stock market to raise at least $20 billion – $40 billion.
If the deal exceeds $25 billion, Aramco will become the biggest IPO in the world, topping Alibaba’s $25 billion IPO in 2014.
The listing is the centerpiece of the crown prince’s plans to shake up the Saudi economy and diversify away from oil. But there have been various delays since it was first announced in 2016.
Prince Mohammed wants to eventually list a total of 5% of the company. An international sale is expected to follow the domestic IPO.
Analyst’s meetings with top institutional investors are likely to begin on Sunday, another source said.
The state-owned oil major has also approached government in the Gulf and Asia, including China, to try to secure the bulk of the investment from countries on friendly terms with Saudi Arabia, as the reception elsewhere has been cooler, sources have previously said.
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Continues To Support Yemeni PeopleRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The Saudi Cabinet stressed on Tuesday that Riyadh will continue to provide humanitarian aid to the Yemeni people through the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center. Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz chaired the cabinet meeting that was held in Riyadh. Media Minister Turki … Read more
- ARTS & CULTURE & ENTERTAINMENT | Red Sea International Film Festival Reveals Details Of Its First EditionJEDDAH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Red Sea International Film Festival announced on Monday the program details, competition lineup and industry initiatives of its first edition at a press conference held in Al-Balad Historic Jeddah, Bait Qabil. Set to take place March 12-21 at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Festival will shed light on … Read more
- FASHION | Saudi Designer Yousef Akbar Wins Competition To Debut At Fashion Forward DubaiMILAN | ITALY – – Saudi-born designer, Yousef Akbar, was selected out of 170 competitors to participate in Fashion Forward Dubai’s (FFWD) 2020 edition in April, the UAE-based initiative announced. The competition, which he won, was by ‘Not Just a Label’ – a community that helps give emerging talent an easily accessible network and retailing … Read more
- SAUDI ARABIA | Jeddah To Host 7th National Quality ConferenceJEDDAH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) is organizing the seventh National Quality Conference from Feb.25 to Feb.27, the Saudi Press Agency reported. The event is being held under the patronage of Majid Al-Qasabi, minister of commerce and investment, at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Jeddah. The ‘Quality in … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Congratulates President of Gambia on Independence DayRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense has sent a cable of congratulations to President Adama Barrow of the Republic of Gambia on the anniversary of his country’s Independence Day. In his cable, Crown Prince wished the President constant … Read more
- SAUDI ARABIA | Saudi Youth To Volunteer At Expo 2020 DubaiABU DHABI | UAE – – The Emirates Foundation and the Saudi Arabia Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to launch an integrated programme that provides volunteering opportunities for Saudi youth based in the UAE. In line with the youth capacity building of synergy, the volunteers will receive mentoring and … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Congratulates Serbian President on National Day3EH RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, has sent a cable of congratulations to President Aleksandar Vucic of the Republic of Serbia on the anniversary of his country’s National Day. In his cable, HRH Crown Prince wished the President … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Minister Denies Any Plans For Crown Prince To Meet Israeli PMRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister on Thursday denied media reports of a possible meeting between Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, amid speculation about normalizing ties between Gulf Arab and Israel. ‘There is no meeting planned between Saudi Arabia and Israel’, Prince Faisal bin Farhan … Read more
- ARTS & CULTURE & ENTERTAINMENT | Netflix Will Stream Six Saudi Films Worldwide This FebruaryMILAN | ITALY – – As awards season draws to a close and most of the winning films have already debuted in the region, many of us are looking for the next cinematic masterpieces to add to our thinning watch list. However, Netflix is coming to rescue later this month with the addition of six … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Meets With DAVOS PresidentRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, met in Riyadh today with President Borge Brende of the World Economic Forum (DAVOS). During the meeting, they reviewed a number of issues related to global and regional economic developments, in addition … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | President of Romania Receives Minister of State for Foreign AffairsBUCHAREST | ROMANIA – – President Klaus Iohannis of the Republic of Romania received today Adel Bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir, Minister of the State for Foreign Affairs and Minister of the Cabinet, during his official visit to Romania. At the outset of the meeting, Al-Jubeir conveyed greetings of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Meets with Ban Ki-Moon, Former UN Secretary GeneralRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, met in Riyadh with UN former Secretary General and current Deputy Chair of The Elders organization Ban Ki-Moon. During the meeting, they reviewed a number of issues of common concern.