RIYADH/SAUDI ARABIA – The Global Artificial Intelligence Summit 2020 will be held in Saudi Arabia, according to Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
The Summit – held under the patronage of Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud – will take place in Riyadh on 30-31 March next year.
The event is the leading international forum to advanced AI understanding and knowledge sharing among global AI experts.
The summit is part of Saudi Arabia’s plan to become a leader in AI technology and drive discussions and partnerships between local and international stakeholders in the AI field.
The event will be a focus for discussion on AI, its importance, applications and impact on societies, economies and politics.
The Global AI Summit was announced on the sidelines of the Foreign Investment Initiative, being held this week in the Kingdom, during an address from Dr. Abdullah bin Sharaf Al-Ghamdi, President of Saudi Data and Artificial Intelligence Authority (SDAIA).
Speaking at the announcement Dr. Abdullah said: “Artificial intelligence is playing a central role in the digital transformation of all sectors of human activity, from business and enterprise, to key national industries, government, healthcare, and many more areas beside.
“AI is bringing us new insight and new capabilities that is reshaping the world around us. The Global AI Summit will become an international platform to discuss those changes and to understand how AI technology can be utilized for the benefit of all”, he added.
The Saudi Data and Artificial Intelligence Authority was established by royal decree in August 2019, to become the main government entity to facilitate and enable the adoption of AI in the Kingdom, particularly in relation to achieving the Vision 2030 goals.
The Global Ai Summit will be attended by government leaders, heads of enterprise and industry, and technology companies, along with academics and researchers in AI; AI startups, investors and entrepreneurs.
The event will include keynote sessions from thought leaders in the field of AI and related disciplines, along with plenary sessions and breakouts.
The focus will be on enabling a global conversation, and creating dialogue centered on the adoption of AI and how participating countries and enterprises can become leaders in deploying the technology.
The Global Ai Summit will take place at the King Abdulaziz International Conference Center and Ritz Carlton Hotel in Riyadh.
For more information, please see theglobalaisummit.com
- ARTS & CULTURE & ENTERTAINMENT | Red Sea International Film Festival Reveals Details Of Its First EditionJEDDAH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Red Sea International Film Festival announced on Monday the program details, competition lineup and industry initiatives of its first edition at a press conference held in Al-Balad Historic Jeddah, Bait Qabil. Set to take place March 12-21 at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Festival will shed light on … Read more
- FASHION | Saudi Designer Yousef Akbar Wins Competition To Debut At Fashion Forward DubaiMILAN | ITALY – – Saudi-born designer, Yousef Akbar, was selected out of 170 competitors to participate in Fashion Forward Dubai’s (FFWD) 2020 edition in April, the UAE-based initiative announced. The competition, which he won, was by ‘Not Just a Label’ – a community that helps give emerging talent an easily accessible network and retailing … Read more
- SAUDI ARABIA | Jeddah To Host 7th National Quality ConferenceJEDDAH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) is organizing the seventh National Quality Conference from Feb.25 to Feb.27, the Saudi Press Agency reported. The event is being held under the patronage of Majid Al-Qasabi, minister of commerce and investment, at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Jeddah. The ‘Quality in … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Congratulates President of Gambia on Independence DayRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense has sent a cable of congratulations to President Adama Barrow of the Republic of Gambia on the anniversary of his country’s Independence Day. In his cable, Crown Prince wished the President constant … Read more
- SAUDI ARABIA | Saudi Youth To Volunteer At Expo 2020 DubaiABU DHABI | UAE – – The Emirates Foundation and the Saudi Arabia Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to launch an integrated programme that provides volunteering opportunities for Saudi youth based in the UAE. In line with the youth capacity building of synergy, the volunteers will receive mentoring and … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Congratulates Serbian President on National Day3EH RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, has sent a cable of congratulations to President Aleksandar Vucic of the Republic of Serbia on the anniversary of his country’s National Day. In his cable, HRH Crown Prince wished the President … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Minister Denies Any Plans For Crown Prince To Meet Israeli PMRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister on Thursday denied media reports of a possible meeting between Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, amid speculation about normalizing ties between Gulf Arab and Israel. ‘There is no meeting planned between Saudi Arabia and Israel’, Prince Faisal bin Farhan … Read more
- ARTS & CULTURE & ENTERTAINMENT | Netflix Will Stream Six Saudi Films Worldwide This FebruaryMILAN | ITALY – – As awards season draws to a close and most of the winning films have already debuted in the region, many of us are looking for the next cinematic masterpieces to add to our thinning watch list. However, Netflix is coming to rescue later this month with the addition of six … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Meets With DAVOS PresidentRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, met in Riyadh today with President Borge Brende of the World Economic Forum (DAVOS). During the meeting, they reviewed a number of issues related to global and regional economic developments, in addition … Read more