RIYADH/SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia has advanced 13 places in property registration and contract enforcement rankings on the Doing Business Report 2020, issued by World Bank Group.
According to the report, the Kingdom advanced from the 24th to the 19th ranking for property registration, while achieving the first position worldwide for low cost of property registration. It also advanced from the 59th to the 51st ranking for contract enforcement.
The Saudi Ministry of Justice (MoJ) has implemented a series of reforms in property registration, bringing the Kingdom among the top 20 countries in this indicator, and making it the first worldwide for the low cost of registration. The process is free of charge and takes no more than 60 minutes.
The MoJ has also developed an electronic platform for receiving complaints on property issues (www.mulkia.gov.sa), enabled inquiries on land ownership, and facilitated digitization of title deeds.
As for contract enforcement, the ministry has adopted 14 procedures to help create ease and efficiency, which reflected positively on the kingdom’s competitiveness globally.
Some of the most significant changes focused on digitization of procedures, like e-filing of statements of claim, electronic notification of defendants; and set standards for intervals between hearings, expert reports, and issuance of ruling. It has also published final commercial court rulings on its online portal (www.moj.gov.sa).
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi Crown Prince Makes Phone Call To Brazilian PresidentRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense made Thursday a telephone call to His Excellency President Jair Messias Bolsonaro of Brazil. During the phone conversation, Prince Mohammed bin Salman was reassured of the health of the Brazilian President, … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi Crown Prince Makes Phone Call To Brazilian President
- BUSINESS NEWS | Russia Does Not Plan Saudi Talks Ahead Of OPEC+ Monitoring Meeting: KremlinBUCHAREST | ROMANIA – The Kremlin said on Thursday Russia currently had no plans to hold talks with Saudi Arabia ahead of joint OPEC+ ministerial monitoring committee due to be held next week.
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi-led coalition in Yemen says explosive boats destroyed in Red Sea – Saudi TVRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi-led military coalition fighting the Iran-aligned Houthi group in Yemen said it destroyed two explosive –laden boasts in the red Sea, Saudi State TV reported on Thursday. The two remotely controlled boats were threatening navigation, the coalition said. They were destroyed south of the Yemeni port of Salif it … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi-led coalition in Yemen says explosive boats destroyed in Red Sea – Saudi TV
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Completes First Phase Of State Mills PrivatisationRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia said on Wednesday it had complete the first batch of its flour milling sector privatization, according to a statement by the state grain buyer and privatization centre. The long-awaited flour mills sale was one of the first privatisations the kingdom planned as part of a wide-reaching overhaul of … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Completes First Phase Of State Mills Privatisation
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Nominates Candidate To Bead WTO: DocumentGENEVA – Saudi Arabia nominated a former economy and planning minister to head the World Trade Organization on Wednesday, a WTO document showed, amid a last –minute flurry of submission to succeed the incumbent Roberto Azevedo who is stepping down in August. ‘The following communication, nominating Mr. Mohammad Mazid Al-Tuwaijri for the position of Director-General, … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Nominates Candidate To Bead WTO: Document
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Unemployment Falls In First Quarter, But Before Coronavirus ImpactRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Unemployment among citizens in the first quarter fell below 12% for the first time in four years, official figures released on Tuesday showed, but they did not capture the impact of the coronavirus crisis. Unemployment fell to 11.8% from 12% the previous quarter, the General Authority for Statistics said. ‘Data … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Unemployment Falls In First Quarter, But Before Coronavirus Impact
- BUSINESS | Saudi Arabia ups August Crude Prices To AsiaRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s state oil producer Aramco has hiked official selling prices (OSPs) for its crude to Asia by $1 a barrel in August, and raised the OSPs for almost all grades to Europe and the United States. Saudi Arabia has set the August price to Asia at plus $1.20 a … Continue reading BUSINESS | Saudi Arabia ups August Crude Prices To Asia
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Announces Haj Health Measures For Domestic PilgrimsRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia announced health protocols to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus in the 2020 Haj Season, banning gatherings and meetings between pilgrims, the state news agency said on Monday. Saudi Arabia decided in June to limit the number of domestic pilgrims attending the Haj to around 1,000 to … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Announces Haj Health Measures For Domestic Pilgrims
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Initiatives To Support Private Sector Exceed 51 Billion Riyals – Central BankRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi government initiatives to support the financing of the private sector to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus outbreak have exceeded 51 billion riyals ($13.60), the central bank said on Sunday.
- NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Congratulates President Of The United States Of America On Independence DayRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, has sent a cable of congratulation to President Donald Trump of the United States of America on the anniversary of his country’s Independence Day. In his cable, HRH Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman … Continue reading NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Congratulates President Of The United States Of America On Independence Day
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Non – Oil Private Sector Shrinks Again In June – PMIRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s non – oil private sector shrank for the fourth straight month in June as measures to contain the spread of the new coronavirus continued to hit consumer demand, a survey on Sunday. The seasonally adjusted HIS Markit Saudi Arabia Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) fell to 47.7 in June … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Non – Oil Private Sector Shrinks Again In June – PMI
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi – Led Coalition Destroyed Four Houthi Drones Over Yemen – Saudi Press AgencyRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi – led military coalition battling the Houthis in Yemen said on Friday it had destroyed four explosive-laden-drones launched by the Iran-aligned group in the direction of Saudi Arabia, the official Saudi Press Agency reported. The drones were intercepted over territory controlled by the Houthis in Yemen, the agency … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi – Led Coalition Destroyed Four Houthi Drones Over Yemen – Saudi Press Agency