RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA — Saudi Arabia’s foreign ministry told its citizens on Friday not to travel to Lebanon, according to state news agency (SPA), as Lebanese protests entered a second day calling for the removal of leaders they accuse of looting the economy.
The Saudi foreign ministry advised its citizens in Lebanon to be extremely cautions and to call the Saudi embassy in Beirut when needed.
- TRAVEL | Italy Bans Entry From 13 Countries Due To Coronavirus FearsMILAN | ITALY – Italy on Thursday banned entry to people coming from 13 countries that it said presented an excessive rate of COVID-19 infections. The list compiled by the health ministry comprises Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Chile, Kuwait, North Macedonia, Moldova, Oman, Panama, Peru and Dominican Republic. The ban affects anyone … Continue reading TRAVEL | Italy Bans Entry From 13 Countries Due To Coronavirus Fears
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi Crown Prince Makes Phone Call To Brazilian PresidentRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense made Thursday a telephone call to His Excellency President Jair Messias Bolsonaro of Brazil. During the phone conversation, Prince Mohammed bin Salman was reassured of the health of the Brazilian President, … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi Crown Prince Makes Phone Call To Brazilian President
- ROYALS | Meghan Markle Asks British Court To Prevent Newspaper From Revealing Identities Of Friends Who Defender HerLONDON – Meghan Markle asked a British court to order a newspaper to refrain from publishing the names of five friends who previously defended her in a U.S. magazine on the condition of anonymity. The Duchess of Sussex made the request in a witness statement for her lawsuit against the Daily Mail and its parent … Continue reading ROYALS | Meghan Markle Asks British Court To Prevent Newspaper From Revealing Identities Of Friends Who Defender Her
- BUSINESS NEWS | Russia Does Not Plan Saudi Talks Ahead Of OPEC+ Monitoring Meeting: KremlinBUCHAREST | ROMANIA – The Kremlin said on Thursday Russia currently had no plans to hold talks with Saudi Arabia ahead of joint OPEC+ ministerial monitoring committee due to be held next week.
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi-led coalition in Yemen says explosive boats destroyed in Red Sea – Saudi TVRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi-led military coalition fighting the Iran-aligned Houthi group in Yemen said it destroyed two explosive –laden boasts in the red Sea, Saudi State TV reported on Thursday. The two remotely controlled boats were threatening navigation, the coalition said. They were destroyed south of the Yemeni port of Salif it … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi-led coalition in Yemen says explosive boats destroyed in Red Sea – Saudi TV
- HEALTH | Nonprofits Urge Johnson & Johnson To Halt Sales Of Baby Powder GloballyMILAN | ITALY – More than 170 nonprofit groups on Wednesday called for Johnson & Johnson to stop selling its talc-based Johnson’s Baby Powder world-wide, citing concerns that is contains cancer-causing asbestos, according to a statement from advocacy group Black Women for Wellness. The groups, which include educational institutions such as Emory University and activist … Continue reading HEALTH | Nonprofits Urge Johnson & Johnson To Halt Sales Of Baby Powder Globally
- BUSINESS NEWS | Coronavirus Will Cost Banks Over $2 Trillion In Loan Losses: S&P GlobalLONDON – The coronavirus crisis will cost banks across the world a combined $2.1 trillion in losses on loans by the end of next year, credit ratings agency S&P Global estimated on Thursday. This year is expected to see a $1.3 trillion hit, more than double the 2019 level, S&P predicted. Around 60% of the … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Coronavirus Will Cost Banks Over $2 Trillion In Loan Losses: S&P Global
- SOCIAL MEDIA | Facebook Takes Down Accounts And Pages Of Trump Ally Roger StoneMILAN – Facebook Inc on Wednesday removed 50 personal and professional pages connected to U.S. President Donald Trump’s longtime adviser Roger Stone, who is due to report to prison next week. The social media platform said Stone and his associates, including a prominent supporter of the right-wing Proud Boys group in Stone’s home state Florida, … Continue reading SOCIAL MEDIA | Facebook Takes Down Accounts And Pages Of Trump Ally Roger Stone
- SOCIAL MEDIA | Facebook Suspends Disinformation Network Tied To Staff Of Brazil’s BolsonaroBUCHAREST | ROMANIA – Facebook Inc on Wednesday suspended a network of social media accounts it said were used to spread divisive political messages online by employees of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro and two of his sons. The company said that despite efforts to disguise who was behind the activity, it found links to staff … Continue reading SOCIAL MEDIA | Facebook Suspends Disinformation Network Tied To Staff Of Brazil’s Bolsonaro