JEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA, September 19, 2019 – The United Arab Emirates on Thursday announced it has joined international Maritime Security Construct, an international alliance that aims to protect the safety of maritime navigation and international trade.
Salem Mohammed Al Zaabi, Director of the International Security Cooperation Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, said that the UAE’s accession to the alliance comes in support of regional and international efforts to deter threats to maritime navigation and global economy and contribute to the maintenance of international peace and security.
The alliance protects the interests of its members and their merchant ships when passing through maritime corridors. Its operation area covers the Strait of Hormuz, Bab Al Mandab, the Sea of Oman and the Arabian Gulf.
- SCIENCE | United Arab Emirates Set To Launch Mission To MarsDUBAI – The United Arab Emirates launches its first mission to Mars early on Monday as it strives to develop its scientific and technology capabilities and move away from its reliance on oil. The Hope Probe will launch from Japan’s Tnegashima Space Center at 1:58 A.M. UAE time/ 6:58 A.M. Japanese time Monday (2158 GMT … Continue reading SCIENCE | United Arab Emirates Set To Launch Mission To Mars
- POLITICS | Mohamed Bin Zayed, German Chancellor Discuss Cooperation, Number of Regional And International IssuesABU DHABI – Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces and the German Chanceller, Angela Merkel discussed cooperation channels and ways to enhance the existing overall strategic partnership to achieve the aspirations of the two peoples to accomplish development and progress. In … Continue reading POLITICS | Mohamed Bin Zayed, German Chancellor Discuss Cooperation, Number of Regional And International Issues
- BUSINESS NEWS | Abu Dhabi Fund Suspends Debt Service Repayments For Countries, CompaniesABU DHABI – Abu Dhabi Fund For Development has suspended debt service repayments for some countries and companies for the year, the state-financed fund said on Sunday. The fund provides financial assistance to companies in the United Arab Emirates and to developing countries, which has included Pakistan, Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia. Debt service repayments would … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Abu Dhabi Fund Suspends Debt Service Repayments For Countries, Companies
- TRAVEL ALERT | UAE Says Residents, Citizens Cannot Travel Abroad For Tourism YetDUBAI – United Arab Emirates authorities on Wednesday said residents and citizens were not yet allowed to travel abroad for tourism and leisure purposes and all travel abroad needed a permit, as part of restrictions aimed at stemming the spread of the new coronavirus. A spokesman for the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority … Continue reading TRAVEL ALERT | UAE Says Residents, Citizens Cannot Travel Abroad For Tourism Yet
- ABU DHABI | Sheikha Fatima Orders Launch Of Virtual Market For Productive FamiliesABU DHABI – Sheika Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the Genera’ Women’s Union, GWO, President of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood, and Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation, FED, instructed the establishment of a virtual market for productive families, in light of her belief in the importance of adopting innovative solutions to … Continue reading ABU DHABI | Sheikha Fatima Orders Launch Of Virtual Market For Productive Families
- CORONAVIRUS | Abu Dhabi Permits People With Negative COVID-19 Test To Enter The EmiratesABU DHABI – Abu Dhabi will allow people to enter the emirate if they have tested negative for COVID-19 infection within the previous 48 hours, the local government media office said on Monday. Abu Dhabi, the largest and wealthiest member of the United Arab Emirates federation, had has a ban on people entering since June … Continue reading CORONAVIRUS | Abu Dhabi Permits People With Negative COVID-19 Test To Enter The Emirates
- TRAVEL | Countries UAE Citizens, Residents Can Travel To Starting From June 23DUBAI – The UAE on Wednesday announced a list of countries that citizens and residents can travel to starting from June 23 as part of the government’s efforts to loosen coronavirus restrictions. The country have been divided into three categories: high risk, moderate risk, and low risk. Citizens and residents of the UAE will only … Continue reading TRAVEL | Countries UAE Citizens, Residents Can Travel To Starting From June 23
- NEWS | UAE Citizens, Residents Are Allowed To Travel As Of June 23: WAMRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The United Arab Emirates announced on Monday that citizens and residents are allowed to travel to specific destinations as of June, state news agency (WAM) reported. A list of the destinations, the groups authorized to travel, and the procedures that must be adhered to before, during, and after returning from … Continue reading NEWS | UAE Citizens, Residents Are Allowed To Travel As Of June 23: WAM
- BUSINESS | Dubai Tourism Launches ‘Dubai Virtual Backgrounds’Users of video conferencing apps can download free images showcasing the beauty and diversity of Dubai’s destination and use them as their backdrop, announced the emirate’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, Dubai Tourism. In a statement, the Department said, ‘With the world’s business ecosystem embracing a virtual environment due to the global pandemic and … Continue reading BUSINESS | Dubai Tourism Launches ‘Dubai Virtual Backgrounds’
- ROYALS | Dubai Crown Prince Pays Tribute To Brave Heroes At The FrontlineDUBAI – Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, paid a glowing tribute to health and other workers and actors from the public and private sectors as well as public benefit organisations for being the country’s ‘first line of defense’ while heroically fighting the … Continue reading ROYALS | Dubai Crown Prince Pays Tribute To Brave Heroes At The Frontline
- BUSINESS | Malls, Private Businesses To Reopen In Dubai On WednesdayDUBAI – Dubai will allow the full reopening of malls and private business starting on Wednesday, its media office said, in the latest easing of coronavirus restrictions, the emirate’s media office announced. ‘Shopping malls and private sector businesses in the emirate will fully operate at 100 percent from Wednesday’, the Dubai Media Office tweeted on … Continue reading BUSINESS | Malls, Private Businesses To Reopen In Dubai On Wednesday
- BUSSINESS | Keeping Shoppers Safe At One Of The World’s Busiest MallsRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Dubai Mall is one of the Emirate’s leading attractions, drawing more than 80 million visitors a year to its extravagant mix of retail and entertainment, where Cartier diamond displays sit alongside a world-renowned aquarium. The mall, which holds the Guiness World Record for being the world’s biggest, was shuttered on … Continue reading BUSSINESS | Keeping Shoppers Safe At One Of The World’s Busiest Malls