Riyadh, SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh Season will bring 14 international stat acts and an array of exclusive shows to the country’s capital, the General Entertainment Authority (GEA) announced on Saturday.
The season will run from October 11 to December 15, 2019 and host renowned artists including Bruno Mars, Pitbull, John Legend, and Alicia Keys. Concerts are scheduled to take place in a range of venues across the Saudi capital, including King Fahd International Stadium, in its biggest entertainment event to date.
Other big names due to perform include Jennifer Lopez, Pharrel Williams, Usher, Nicki Jam, Gwen Stefani, Nicole Scherizinger, Akon, Gipsy Kings by Andre Reyes, and DJ Martin Solveig.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to watch theatrical performances and dance shows, held in the Kingdom for the first time, with each show offering something different.
Cirque Dreams combines the European cirque-style of performance artistry with American circus arts and Broadway theatrics, while China’s Nutcracker Magic presents a new interpretation of the classic ballet show by blending together magic, acrobatics, and dance.
Snow White and Ice and The Mobiles Moving Shadow also offer family-friendly entertainment.
Riyadh Season will also feature the much-anticipated debut of K-pop boyband BTS, who announced in July that will be performing in Riyadh as part of the festival season under their “Love Yourself: Speak Yourself” world tour. The international pop band – known as BTS, which is short for Bangtan Soneyondan and translates to Bulletproof Boy Scouts – is one of the world’s most popular South Korean brands.
Those who aren’t attending live performances can attend exclusive exhibitions such as the immersive Marvel: Universe of Superheroes exhibit, which will showcase original artwork, first-edition comic book covers and pages and costumes and display from the popular Marvel movies.
The Riyadh Season is one of the Kingdom’s 11 festival seasons that occur throughout the year.
The events aim to transform Saudi Arabia into a tourist destination, and provide the country’s residents and visitors with year-round entertainment events, in line with the country’s Vision 2030 economic reform plan.
Each season features a different them to highlight different aspects of Saudi Arabia’s heritage and culture. The most recent festivals were Jeddah Season, a six-week entertainment which ran from June 8 to July, and al-Soudah Season, which included the Flowerman Festival,
- NEWS | Saudi King, Crown Prince Send Condolences To UAE Leaders On Death Of Sharjah OfficialRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman sent messages of condolences on Friday to the leaders of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on the death of Sheikh Ahmed bin Sultan Al Qasimi, deputy ruler of the emirate of Sharjah. ‘(We) ask God Almighty to bless him with … Continue reading NEWS | Saudi King, Crown Prince Send Condolences To UAE Leaders On Death Of Sharjah Official
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi Crown Prince Makes Phone Call To Brazilian PresidentRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense made Thursday a telephone call to His Excellency President Jair Messias Bolsonaro of Brazil. During the phone conversation, Prince Mohammed bin Salman was reassured of the health of the Brazilian President, … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi Crown Prince Makes Phone Call To Brazilian President
- BUSINESS NEWS | Russia Does Not Plan Saudi Talks Ahead Of OPEC+ Monitoring Meeting: KremlinBUCHAREST | ROMANIA – The Kremlin said on Thursday Russia currently had no plans to hold talks with Saudi Arabia ahead of joint OPEC+ ministerial monitoring committee due to be held next week.
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi-led coalition in Yemen says explosive boats destroyed in Red Sea – Saudi TVRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi-led military coalition fighting the Iran-aligned Houthi group in Yemen said it destroyed two explosive –laden boasts in the red Sea, Saudi State TV reported on Thursday. The two remotely controlled boats were threatening navigation, the coalition said. They were destroyed south of the Yemeni port of Salif it … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi-led coalition in Yemen says explosive boats destroyed in Red Sea – Saudi TV
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Completes First Phase Of State Mills PrivatisationRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia said on Wednesday it had complete the first batch of its flour milling sector privatization, according to a statement by the state grain buyer and privatization centre. The long-awaited flour mills sale was one of the first privatisations the kingdom planned as part of a wide-reaching overhaul of … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Completes First Phase Of State Mills Privatisation
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Nominates Candidate To Bead WTO: DocumentGENEVA – Saudi Arabia nominated a former economy and planning minister to head the World Trade Organization on Wednesday, a WTO document showed, amid a last –minute flurry of submission to succeed the incumbent Roberto Azevedo who is stepping down in August. ‘The following communication, nominating Mr. Mohammad Mazid Al-Tuwaijri for the position of Director-General, … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Nominates Candidate To Bead WTO: Document
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Unemployment Falls In First Quarter, But Before Coronavirus ImpactRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Unemployment among citizens in the first quarter fell below 12% for the first time in four years, official figures released on Tuesday showed, but they did not capture the impact of the coronavirus crisis. Unemployment fell to 11.8% from 12% the previous quarter, the General Authority for Statistics said. ‘Data … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Unemployment Falls In First Quarter, But Before Coronavirus Impact
- BUSINESS | Saudi Arabia ups August Crude Prices To AsiaRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s state oil producer Aramco has hiked official selling prices (OSPs) for its crude to Asia by $1 a barrel in August, and raised the OSPs for almost all grades to Europe and the United States. Saudi Arabia has set the August price to Asia at plus $1.20 a … Continue reading BUSINESS | Saudi Arabia ups August Crude Prices To Asia
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Announces Haj Health Measures For Domestic PilgrimsRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia announced health protocols to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus in the 2020 Haj Season, banning gatherings and meetings between pilgrims, the state news agency said on Monday. Saudi Arabia decided in June to limit the number of domestic pilgrims attending the Haj to around 1,000 to … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Announces Haj Health Measures For Domestic Pilgrims
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Initiatives To Support Private Sector Exceed 51 Billion Riyals – Central BankRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi government initiatives to support the financing of the private sector to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus outbreak have exceeded 51 billion riyals ($13.60), the central bank said on Sunday.
- NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Congratulates President Of The United States Of America On Independence DayRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, has sent a cable of congratulation to President Donald Trump of the United States of America on the anniversary of his country’s Independence Day. In his cable, HRH Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman … Continue reading NEWS | Saudi Crown Prince Congratulates President Of The United States Of America On Independence Day
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Non – Oil Private Sector Shrinks Again In June – PMIRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s non – oil private sector shrank for the fourth straight month in June as measures to contain the spread of the new coronavirus continued to hit consumer demand, a survey on Sunday. The seasonally adjusted HIS Markit Saudi Arabia Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) fell to 47.7 in June … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Non – Oil Private Sector Shrinks Again In June – PMI