Riyadh, SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh Season will bring 14 international stat acts and an array of exclusive shows to the country’s capital, the General Entertainment Authority (GEA) announced on Saturday.
The season will run from October 11 to December 15, 2019 and host renowned artists including Bruno Mars, Pitbull, John Legend, and Alicia Keys. Concerts are scheduled to take place in a range of venues across the Saudi capital, including King Fahd International Stadium, in its biggest entertainment event to date.
Other big names due to perform include Jennifer Lopez, Pharrel Williams, Usher, Nicki Jam, Gwen Stefani, Nicole Scherizinger, Akon, Gipsy Kings by Andre Reyes, and DJ Martin Solveig.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to watch theatrical performances and dance shows, held in the Kingdom for the first time, with each show offering something different.
Cirque Dreams combines the European cirque-style of performance artistry with American circus arts and Broadway theatrics, while China’s Nutcracker Magic presents a new interpretation of the classic ballet show by blending together magic, acrobatics, and dance.
Snow White and Ice and The Mobiles Moving Shadow also offer family-friendly entertainment.
Riyadh Season will also feature the much-anticipated debut of K-pop boyband BTS, who announced in July that will be performing in Riyadh as part of the festival season under their “Love Yourself: Speak Yourself” world tour. The international pop band – known as BTS, which is short for Bangtan Soneyondan and translates to Bulletproof Boy Scouts – is one of the world’s most popular South Korean brands.
Those who aren’t attending live performances can attend exclusive exhibitions such as the immersive Marvel: Universe of Superheroes exhibit, which will showcase original artwork, first-edition comic book covers and pages and costumes and display from the popular Marvel movies.
The Riyadh Season is one of the Kingdom’s 11 festival seasons that occur throughout the year.
The events aim to transform Saudi Arabia into a tourist destination, and provide the country’s residents and visitors with year-round entertainment events, in line with the country’s Vision 2030 economic reform plan.
Each season features a different them to highlight different aspects of Saudi Arabia’s heritage and culture. The most recent festivals were Jeddah Season, a six-week entertainment which ran from June 8 to July, and al-Soudah Season, which included the Flowerman Festival,
- Saudi Crown Prince Welcomes Biden At Al – Salam Palace In JeddahJEDDAH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister of Defense, welcomed on Friday U.S. President Joe Biden at the Al – Salam Palace in Jeddah. Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz is set to meet with Biden at the Al – Salam Palace. Biden had arrived … More Saudi Crown Prince Welcomes Biden At Al – Salam Palace In Jeddah
- Saudi Arabia Resumes Visa On Arrival For US, UK, Schengen Valid Visa HoldersPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia has resumed issuing visas on arrival for holders of valid U.S., U.K. and Schengen visas if they qualify for an e – visa, state news agency (SPA) reported on Friday. The decision which allows any of these visa holders to ger a 12 – month tourist visa upon arrival to … More Saudi Arabia Resumes Visa On Arrival For US, UK, Schengen Valid Visa Holders
- Biden, Saudi King Discuss Energy Supplies, Iran And YemenPARIS, France – U.S. President Joe Biden and King Salman of Saudi Arabia discussed energy supplies in the face of soaring fuel prices and developments in the Middle East, including Iran and Yemen, in a telephone call on Wednesday. ‘The two leaders committed to ensuring the stability of global energy supplies’, the White House said … More Biden, Saudi King Discuss Energy Supplies, Iran And Yemen
- Saudi Arabia Requires Citizens To Take COVID Booster Shot To Travel Abroad Starting Feb. 9PARIS, France – Saudi Arabia said on Thursday that citizens will be required to take the COVID-19 booster shot to be able to travel abroad starting Feb.9, state media reported. The kingdom is also requiring visitors to present a negative PCR result before entry.
- King Salman Heads Saudi Arabia’s First In – Person Cabinet Session Since PandemicSaudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdul Aziz headed on Tuesday the first in – person Cabinet meeting in Riyadh since COVID-19 disrupted activities globally. The Council of Ministers met at the al – Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday to discuss a range of events front recent leaps made in bilateral ties with a number … More King Salman Heads Saudi Arabia’s First In – Person Cabinet Session Since Pandemic
- Saudi Arabia Says Dakar Rally Accident Investigation Show No Criminal SuspicionsParis, France – Saudi Arabia’s foreign ministry said on Friday that initial results of an investigation an accident during the Dakar car rally, which left one French contestant injured last week, showed no criminal suspicions. The Kingdom is liaising with the concerned French authorities to share available related to the accident, the ministry added in … More Saudi Arabia Says Dakar Rally Accident Investigation Show No Criminal Suspicions
- Saudi Culture Minister To Open Saudi Day Celebration At Expo 2020 Dubai On FridayPARIS, France – Prince Badr bin Abdullah bin Farhan, culture minister and chairman of the supervisory committee of the Saudi Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, will head an official Saudi delegation that will visit the UAE to attend the Saudi Day celebration on Friday, Saudi Press Agency said on Wednesday. The Pavilion is preparing to … More Saudi Culture Minister To Open Saudi Day Celebration At Expo 2020 Dubai On Friday
- Saudi – Led Coalition Strikes Targets In Yemen’s Sana’s State TVMILAN, Italy – The Saudi – led coalition launched air strikes on targets in Yemen’s capital Sana’s in response to drone attacks launched by the Yemeni Iran – aligned Houthi movement earlier this week, Saudi state TV said early on Wednesday. The coalition also said on Wednesday it destroyed workshops and warehouses for drones, urging … More Saudi – Led Coalition Strikes Targets In Yemen’s Sana’s State TV
- Saudi Arabia Tightens COVID – 19 Measures In MeccaRIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia on Thursday reimposed social distancing measures at the Grand Mosque in the Muslim holy city of Mecca, after recording the highest number of COVID – 19 infections in months. Workers have returned floor markings removed on October 17 to guide people to social distance in and around the Grand … More Saudi Arabia Tightens COVID – 19 Measures In Mecca
- Saudi King Says Kingdom Concerned About Iran’s ‘Lack Of Cooperation’RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi King’s Salman said on Wednesday that Saudi Arabia was concerned about Iran’s lack of cooperation with the international community on its nuclear and ballistic missile programmes. King Salman bin Abdulaziz said in an address to the kingdom’s advisory Shura Council that he hoped Iran would change its ‘negative’ behaviors in … More Saudi King Says Kingdom Concerned About Iran’s ‘Lack Of Cooperation’
- King Salman To Deliver Annual Shoura Council Speech On WednesdayRIYADH, Saudi Arabia – King Salman will deliver an annual speech on Wednesday discussing the Kingdom’s internal and external policy and its position on important regional and international issues. Shoura Council Speaker Dr. Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Ibrahim Al – Asheikh said the council will be honored to listen to the king’s speech which will … More King Salman To Deliver Annual Shoura Council Speech On Wednesday
- Saudi Cabinet Approves Evidence Law To Develop The LegislativeRIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia’s cabinet approved a law of evidence to develop the Kingdom’s legislative system on Tuesday. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said the law of evidence is the first of four previously announced draft reform bills to be approved, Saudi Press Agency reported. The other three draft laws are the personal … More Saudi Cabinet Approves Evidence Law To Develop The Legislative