Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, July 22, 2019 – His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense has sent a cable of congratulations to Sultan Qaboos bin Said of the Sultanate of Oman on the anniversary of his country’s Renaissance Day.
- Saudi Arabia To Host Pre-Pandemic Numbers For 2023 Haj Pilgrimage SeasonPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia will remove COVID-19 restriction for the 2023 haj season and host pre-pandemic numbers of pilgrims, the kingdom’s ministry of haj and umrah said on Monday. In 2019, the last yeast before the pandemic struck, some 2.6 million people performed the haj. The kingdom allowed only limited numbers from its residents […]
- Saudia To Buy Up To 100 Lilium Electric Aircraft For Domestic NetworkPARIS, France – – Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) has signed an agreement with German air taxi developer Lilium to buy up to 100 of its aircraft for use on Saudia’s domestic network, the state carrier’s chief executive said on Wednesday. Saudia CEO Ibrahim Koshy said the planes would be ”a premium service” that carry four […]
- Saudia In Talks With Airbus And Boeing Over Plane OrdersPARIS, France – Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) is in talks with plane makers Airbus SE and Boeing Co on orders for itself and a new carrier the kingdom plans to launch, the state-owned airline’s chief executive said on Tuesday. The talks are for aircraft for both airlines as they have the ”same shareholder”, Ibrahim Koshy […]
- Riyadh And Washington Will Overcome Spat, Saudi Minister SaysPARIS, France – Saudi Arabia and the United States will get over their ”unwarranted” spat over oil supplies, the kingdom’s investment minister told a business forum in Riyadh on Tuesday, highlighting long-standing corporate and institutional ties. This month’s decision by the OPEC+ alliance led by Saudi Arabia to cut oil output targets unleashed a war […]
- Saudi Crown Prince Not Attending Arab Summit On Doctors’ Advice, Algerian Presidency SaysPARIS, France – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman will not attend the Arab summit to be held on Nov.1 in Algeria, in compliance with a doctors’ recommendation to avoid travel, the Algerian presidency said in a statement late on Saturday. Prince Mohammed, the kingdom’s de-facto ruler, ”expressed his regret for non-attending the Arab Summit”, […]
- Saudi Arabia’s SALIC, Brazil’s Minerva Buy Australia Lamb Company For About $260 MlnPARIS, France – The Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment Company (SALIC), owned by the Saudi Public Investment Fund, and Brazilian meatpacker Minerva has acquired the Australian Lamb Company (ALC) for 970 million riyals ($258 million), SALIC said in a statement on Friday. The acquisition was done through Minerva Food Australia, a joint venture established last […]