Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, July 18, 2019 – Saudi Culture Minister Prince Badr bin Abdullah bin Farhan on Tuesday welcomed the Cabinet decision to give his ministry the responsibility of organizing the annual Janadriyah Festival.
Before this decision, the Ministry of National Guard was responsible for the organization of his annual cultural event.
The culture minister thanked King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the continuous support extended to the cultural sector. He said the ministry will work to make the Janadriyah Festival an even bigger and distinguished event.
The festival offers an opportunity for visitors to take a glimpse of Saudi Arabia’s rich and diverse cultural heritage. It captures the great history and heroism of the Saudi People since the unification of Saudi Arabia by King Abdul Aziz bin Abdulraham Al Saud.
The event start with a grand annual camel race, with speeches and national performance to be held in the evening, during which prominent personalities of the Saudi society are honored in recognition of their contributions, achievements and services for their nation in several fields.
- SAUDI ARABIA | King Abdulaziz University to Host 5th University Theater FestivalRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – King Abdulaziz University will host the activities of the 5th Gulf University Theater Festival for universities and institutions of the higher education in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, under the patronage of Minister of Education Dr. Hamad bin Mohammad Al Al-Sheikh, and in collaboration with the GCC Secretariat … Read more
- WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM | MISK To Share Its Experiences In Tackling Future Challenges In DavosDAVOS | SWITZERLAND – – The Prince Muhammad Bin Salman Foundation’s (Misk) Initiatives Center is participating in the World Economic Forum, which will begin in Davos, Switzerland, on Tuesday.Around 3,000 delegates representing 117 countries, including 53 heads of state, are attending the four-day 50th annual gathering. The theme of the conference is “Stakeholders for a … Read more
- NEWS | Saudi Arabia’s Prince Turki Al-Faisal: Multilateralism Can Encourage Dialogue, Genuine Collaboration If Given The ChanceRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Multilateralism and global governance, a central principle to solving international issues, is under threat and its decline was the main topic of discussion at the Think 20 (T20) inception conference, an intellectual backbone for the G20. At the opening keynote address, Prince Turki Al-Faisal, chairman of King Faisal Center … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Custodian Of The Two Holy Mosques Receives Foreign Minister Of CyprusRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud received on Saturday Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Cyprus Nikos Christodoulides. At the outset of the reception, for Foreign Minister conveyed greetings of President Nicos Anastasiades of the Republic of Cyprus to the Custodian … Read more
- LEGAL | Saudi Arabia: Commercial Courts to Start Handling Copyrights, Patents CasesRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Commercial courts and departments will start handling copyrights and patents related cases starting February. The cases will be heard in commercial courts, as well as commercial departments inside general courts across the Kingdom. Meanwhile, the cases filed before that date at the Committee for Examine Patents on Inventions Lawsuits and … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | France Deploys Radar System In Saudi Arabia To “Reassure” KingdomPARIS | FRANCE – France has deployed a radar system on the eastern coast of Saudi Arabia to beef up its ally’s defense after missile attacks on the kingdom’s oil infrastructure in September, France officials said. Paris has blamed Iran for carrying out the drone and missile attack, which crippled the world’s biggest oil processing … Read more