Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, July 9, 2019 – The Saudi -led military coalition spokesman said late on Monday that the coalition had intercepted and destroyed a drone launched by Yemen’s Houthi group at civil targets in the Kingdom, the Saudi Press Agency reported.
“The drone has not achieved its targets”, a coalition statement said.
The Iran-aligned Houthies, who are fighting the coalition in Yemen, have reportedly launched attacks against targets in neighboring Saudi Arabia. A TV station run by the Houthis reported earlier on Monday that drone attacks had hit targets in southern Saudi Arabia.
- SAUDI ARABIA | King Abdulaziz University to Host 5th University Theater FestivalRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – King Abdulaziz University will host the activities of the 5th Gulf University Theater Festival for universities and institutions of the higher education in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, under the patronage of Minister of Education Dr. Hamad bin Mohammad Al Al-Sheikh, and in collaboration with the GCC Secretariat … Read more
- WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM | MISK To Share Its Experiences In Tackling Future Challenges In DavosDAVOS | SWITZERLAND – – The Prince Muhammad Bin Salman Foundation’s (Misk) Initiatives Center is participating in the World Economic Forum, which will begin in Davos, Switzerland, on Tuesday.Around 3,000 delegates representing 117 countries, including 53 heads of state, are attending the four-day 50th annual gathering. The theme of the conference is “Stakeholders for a … Read more
- NEWS | Saudi Arabia’s Prince Turki Al-Faisal: Multilateralism Can Encourage Dialogue, Genuine Collaboration If Given The ChanceRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Multilateralism and global governance, a central principle to solving international issues, is under threat and its decline was the main topic of discussion at the Think 20 (T20) inception conference, an intellectual backbone for the G20. At the opening keynote address, Prince Turki Al-Faisal, chairman of King Faisal Center … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Custodian Of The Two Holy Mosques Receives Foreign Minister Of CyprusRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud received on Saturday Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Cyprus Nikos Christodoulides. At the outset of the reception, for Foreign Minister conveyed greetings of President Nicos Anastasiades of the Republic of Cyprus to the Custodian … Read more
- LEGAL | Saudi Arabia: Commercial Courts to Start Handling Copyrights, Patents CasesRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Commercial courts and departments will start handling copyrights and patents related cases starting February. The cases will be heard in commercial courts, as well as commercial departments inside general courts across the Kingdom. Meanwhile, the cases filed before that date at the Committee for Examine Patents on Inventions Lawsuits and … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | France Deploys Radar System In Saudi Arabia To “Reassure” KingdomPARIS | FRANCE – France has deployed a radar system on the eastern coast of Saudi Arabia to beef up its ally’s defense after missile attacks on the kingdom’s oil infrastructure in September, France officials said. Paris has blamed Iran for carrying out the drone and missile attack, which crippled the world’s biggest oil processing … Read more