Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Jaquar Land Rover is making a multi-million pound investment to build electric vehicles in Britain, in a major boost for the UK government and a sector hit by the slump in diesel sales and Brexit uncertainty.
Britain’s biggest car company, which built 30 percent of the UK’s 1.5 million cars last year, will make a range of electrified vehicles at its Castle Bromwhich plant in central England, beginning with its luxury sedan, the XJ.
“The future of mobility is electric and, as a visionary British company, we are committed to making our next generation of zero-emission vehicles in the UK”, Chief Executive Ralf Speth said on Friday.
The announcement give a boost to Britain’s automotive sector hit this year by Honda and Ford’s plans to close factories.
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has highlighted the dangers of a no-deal Brexit and the need to maintain frictionless trade with the European Union, echoing warnings from the industry that just-in-time production could be hit by customs delays and additional bureaucracy.
But it has signed a deal with workers at the Castle Bromwich factory to go from a five-day to a four-day working week with the same if hours which should allow the plant to operate more efficiently.
Friday’s announcement comes after a turbulent few months for Jaguar which announced around 4.500 job cuts earlier in January and posted a 3.66 billion pound ($ 4.5 billion) lost in 2018/2019.
- BREAKING NEWS | Investments In Saudi Arabia’s Economy Will Reach Six Trillion Dollars: Crown PrinceAL ULA – – Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman says major investment opportunities in Saudi Arabia will amount to six trillion dollars over the next ten years, including 3 trillion dollars in investments in new projects, within the framework of the opportunities provided by Vision 2030, reported Saudi Press Agency. Saudi Arabia’s Crown … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Investments In Saudi Arabia’s Economy Will Reach Six Trillion Dollars: Crown Prince
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Reveals Project ‘The Line’ In Futuristic City Of NEOMRIYADH – – Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Chairman of the Board of Directors of NEOM, announce the launch of ‘THE LINE’ in the city of NEOM, which is a model for what urban societies can be like in the future, and a scheme that ensure a balance to live with nature. … Continue reading BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Reveals Project ‘The Line’ In Futuristic City Of NEOM
- SOCIAL MEDIA | Facebook Drops ‘Likes’ Button From Public PagesMILAN – – Facebook Inc has dropped the ‘likes’ button from its redesigned public pages used by artists, public figures and brands, the social media company said on Wednesday. Facebook Pages will only show followers and have a dedicated News Feed where users can join conversations, interact with peers and engage with fans, the company … Continue reading SOCIAL MEDIA | Facebook Drops ‘Likes’ Button From Public Pages
- BUSINESS | Saudi Arabia Makes Four New Oil, Gas Discoveries: Energy MinisterRIYADH – – Saudi Aramco has discovered four new oil and gas fields in Saudi Arabia, the Minister of Energy Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman announced on Sunday, according to Saudi Press Agency (SPA). Non-conventional oil was discovered in the al – Reesh oil field, north – west of the Dhahran. The city, a major administrative … Continue reading BUSINESS | Saudi Arabia Makes Four New Oil, Gas Discoveries: Energy Minister
- BUSINESS | Arab Monetary Fund Adds Saudi Riyal As Settlement Currency in ‘Buna’RIYADH – – The Saudi Central Bank and the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) announced on Thursday the inclusion of the Saudi Riyal as a settlement currency in Buna, the regional cross-border payment system owned by AMF. The National Commercial Bank (NCB) has assigned as a settlement bank for the Saudi currency. NCB has been awarded … Continue reading BUSINESS | Arab Monetary Fund Adds Saudi Riyal As Settlement Currency in ‘Buna’
- ECONOMY | Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund Hires New Corporate Finance Head, Makes Other ChangesRIYADH – – Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund has hired Fahad al – Saif, the chief executive of the finance ministry’s debt management centre, as its new corporate finance head. He replaces Alireza Zaimi, who will become a special advisor to the fund’s governor Yasir al – Rumayyan, the Public Investment FUND (PIF) said in … Continue reading ECONOMY | Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund Hires New Corporate Finance Head, Makes Other Changes