Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Amazon.com Inc founder Jeff Bezos’ divorce from his wife of 25 years, MacKenzie Bezos, was finalized by a Seattle-area judge on Friday, paving for her to receive $38.3 billion worth of Amazon stock, Bloomberg reported.
In April, Amazon, the world’s biggest online retailer, said in a filing than 4% of its outstanding stock or 19/7 million shares would be registered in MazKenzie Benzos’ name after court approval of the divorce.
The couple announced their plan to divorce in a joint Twitter statement in January, causing some to worry that Jeff Bezos could wind up with reduced Amazon voting power or that he or MacKenzie would liquidate large position.
He retains a 12% stoke worth $114.8 billion and remains the world’s richest person, Blomberg said. MacKenzie Bezos has said she would give him voting control of her shares.
MacKenzie in May pledged to give half her fortune to charity to join the “Giving Pledge”, a campaign announced by billionaire Warren Buffett and Microsoft Corp co-founder Bill Gates in 2010.
- BUSINESS | Louis Vuitton Faces Boycott Threat After Trump Visits FactoryMILAN/ITALY – Grab Your Wallet, a group that asks shoppers to boycott business with ties to Donald Trump’s family and administration, is adding Louis Vuitton and other LVMH brands to its list. LVMH is facing a boycott threat after the French luxury house invited President Donald Trump to the opening of a new Louis Vuitton … Read more
- BUSINESS | Yours For $1 Billion Only: The Glamor Of The London RitzLONDON – The owners of London’s Ritz hotel, a haven for royals, statesmen and movie stars, have hinted that they would be open to selling the luxury establishment for $1 billion, a source close to them said on Thursday. Opened in 1906 by Swiss hotelier Cesar Ritz, the high society hotel hosted Charlie Chaplin in … Read more
- BUSINESS NEWS | Victoria’s Secret Head Of Stores Is Stepping DownMILAN, ITALY – One of Victoria’s Secret’s key executives is stepping down as the retailer deals with a battering year. April Holt, who is the executive vice president of stores, is leaving the L Brands-owned company after more than 16 years. Becky Kritek-Behringer, a 17-year veteran who is currently Victoria’s Secret SVP of store operations, … Read more
- BUSINESS NEWS | UAE Private Sector Growth Falls To Nine-Year Low: PMIDubai, UAR – Growth in the United Arab Emirates’ non-oil private sector slowed to a none-year low in September, amid record now new orders reflecting soft demand, a survey showed on Thursday. The seasonally adjusted HIS Markit UAE Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI), which covers manufacturing and services, fell slightly to 51.1, from 51.6 in August. … Read more
- BUSINESS | Coca-Cola Energy Is Coming To The United StatesLOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – Coca-Cola wants Americans to give Coke Energy a shot. The beverage company will start selling four varieties of its energy drink – Coca-Cola Energy, Coca-Cola Energy Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Energy Cherry and Coca-Cola Energy Cherry Zero Sugar – in the United States in mid-January. Coke Energy and Coke Energy Cherry Zero … Read more
- SOCIAL MEDIA | Facebook Is Rolling Out A Test To Hide Your LikesLOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – For the past decade, “likes” had been the chief currency of Facebook. It’s the way we’ve determined how many people think out babies are cute, believe our jokes are funny and recognize our new jobs are impressive. Facebook itself has been so synonymous with likes that the thumbs up icon for … Read more