Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Amazon.com Inc founder Jeff Bezos’ divorce from his wife of 25 years, MacKenzie Bezos, was finalized by a Seattle-area judge on Friday, paving for her to receive $38.3 billion worth of Amazon stock, Bloomberg reported.
In April, Amazon, the world’s biggest online retailer, said in a filing than 4% of its outstanding stock or 19/7 million shares would be registered in MazKenzie Benzos’ name after court approval of the divorce.
The couple announced their plan to divorce in a joint Twitter statement in January, causing some to worry that Jeff Bezos could wind up with reduced Amazon voting power or that he or MacKenzie would liquidate large position.
He retains a 12% stoke worth $114.8 billion and remains the world’s richest person, Blomberg said. MacKenzie Bezos has said she would give him voting control of her shares.
MacKenzie in May pledged to give half her fortune to charity to join the “Giving Pledge”, a campaign announced by billionaire Warren Buffett and Microsoft Corp co-founder Bill Gates in 2010.
- SUPERYACHTS | The New Super Sport ‘Tecnomar For Lamborghini 63’ YachtLamborghini and The Italian Sea Group have collaborated on the design of the new limited edition ‘Tecnomar for Lamborghini 63’ super sports motor yacht. Presented by The Italian Sea Group, the ‘Tecnomar for Lamborghini 63’ has been inspired by the hybrid Lamborghini Sian FKP 37 and references the year of Lamborghini’s beginnings – `963. As … Continue reading SUPERYACHTS | The New Super Sport ‘Tecnomar For Lamborghini 63’ Yacht
- SOCIAL MEDIA | Twitter Removes Image Tweet By Trump Over NYT Copyright ComplaintLOS ANGELES | Twitter Inc Has taken down an image tweeted by the U.S. President Donald Trump from its platform, after receiving a copyright complaint from the New York Times. The original tweet by Trump issued on June 30, showed a meme that read ‘In reality they’re not after me they’re after you I’m just … Continue reading SOCIAL MEDIA | Twitter Removes Image Tweet By Trump Over NYT Copyright Complaint
- BUSINESS | Saudi Arabia Extends Economic Measures To Mitigate Pandemic Impact: SPARIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia extended for an additional period several government initiatives to support the private sector and investors in mitigate the impact of the coronavirus outbreak, state news agency SPA reported on Thursday, citing a decision by King Salman.
- BUSINESS | Luxury British Department Store Harrods To Cut Nearly 700 JobsLONDON – Luxury British department store Harrods said on Wednesday it plans to cut up to 672 jobs because of the coronavirus crisis, which kept its flagship branch in central London closed for nearly three months. Harrods, which is owned by the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), told staff it needed to shep up to 14% … Continue reading BUSINESS | Luxury British Department Store Harrods To Cut Nearly 700 Jobs
- SOCIAL MEDIA | Turkey Determined To Control Social Media Platforms, Erdogan SaysISTAMBUL – Turkey will introduce regulations to control social media platforms or shut them down, President Tayyip Erdogan announced on Wednesday, pressing ahead with government plans after he said his family was insulted online. Finance Minister Berat Albayrak, Erdogan’s son-in-law, said on Twitter on Tuesday that his fourth child had been born. Following the tweet, … Continue reading SOCIAL MEDIA | Turkey Determined To Control Social Media Platforms, Erdogan Says
- ABU DHABI | Sheikha Fatima Orders Launch Of Virtual Market For Productive FamiliesABU DHABI – Sheika Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the Genera’ Women’s Union, GWO, President of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood, and Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation, FED, instructed the establishment of a virtual market for productive families, in light of her belief in the importance of adopting innovative solutions to … Continue reading ABU DHABI | Sheikha Fatima Orders Launch Of Virtual Market For Productive Families