Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Amazon.com Inc founder Jeff Bezos’ divorce from his wife of 25 years, MacKenzie Bezos, was finalized by a Seattle-area judge on Friday, paving for her to receive $38.3 billion worth of Amazon stock, Bloomberg reported.
In April, Amazon, the world’s biggest online retailer, said in a filing than 4% of its outstanding stock or 19/7 million shares would be registered in MazKenzie Benzos’ name after court approval of the divorce.
The couple announced their plan to divorce in a joint Twitter statement in January, causing some to worry that Jeff Bezos could wind up with reduced Amazon voting power or that he or MacKenzie would liquidate large position.
He retains a 12% stoke worth $114.8 billion and remains the world’s richest person, Blomberg said. MacKenzie Bezos has said she would give him voting control of her shares.
MacKenzie in May pledged to give half her fortune to charity to join the “Giving Pledge”, a campaign announced by billionaire Warren Buffett and Microsoft Corp co-founder Bill Gates in 2010.
- KSA | Saudi Retailer Said To Pull Out Of Franchise Deal With Marks & SpencerJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair Co reportedly ends agreement with number of “non-performing” brands. Saudi retailer has reportedly pulled out its franchise partnership with Marks & Spencer. Reuters quoted a company statement as saying it has to ended similar agreements with a number of “non-performing” brands. The firm, which owns franchise right for … Read More
- BUSINESS | Drako, A $1.25 Million Electric Supercar, Debuts At QuailDUBAI, UAE – To introduce an all-new electric vehicle at jolly old Quail takes some confidence you can’t look left or right and forth at this annual, ultra-exclusive event in Carmel-By-The-Sea without beholding a plethora off-the-charts, million-dollar-plus automobiles on display. But when you show up with an all-new electric supercar making 1,200 horsepower and a … Read More
- KSA | Saudi Arabia Guest Of Honour At Eurotier Middle EastRiyadh, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia has been named “Guest of Honour” at the inaugural EuroTier Middle East, recognizing the Kingdom’s regional and global role in supporting sustainable agricultural and livestock development. Held in cooperation with the Abu Dhabi Agriculture and Food Safety Authority, ADAFSA, EuroTier Middle East is set to be held at the … Read More
- BUSINESS | How Much It Cost To Get Your Ad To Light Up Burj KhalifaDUBAI, UAE – The cost to place a promotional advert or message on the façade of the Burj Khalifa starts from AED 250,000 ($68,073) for a single three minute display, according to the marketing agency which manages the lighting display. Prices range from AED250,000 for three minutes during weekdays from 8PM to 10PM, rising to … Read More
- EMIRATES | Dubai To Witness Middle East’s First Dinosaur Skeleton Auction With Initial Value Of AED 14 MillionDUBAI, UAE – August 17, 2019 – A massive 155-million-year-old dinosaur skeleton will be up for grabs for lovers of rare collectibles as Emirates Auction announced it will organize the Middle East’s first auction to sell the giant dinosaur skeleton. The online auction will be staged by Emirates Auction, the leading company in the field … Read More
- LIFESTYLE | Bugatti Is Making Only 10 Of These $9 Million SupercarsJeddah, SAUDI ARABIA – Bugatti unveiled its latest limited-edition model at a classic car show in California Friday. The Bugatti Centodieci will cost $9 million and only 10 will be made. This car is an homage to the Bugatti EB110 supercar of the early 1990s. Centodieci means 110 in Italian. The EB110 was built in … Read More