Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, July 7, 2019 – A Saudi-led military coalition said on Saturday it had intercepted and destroyed drones launched by Yemen’s Houthi group at targets in the kingdom, the Saudi Press Agency reported.
“The drone were destroyed in air space”, a coalition statement said.
The Iran-aligned Houthis, who are fighting the coalition in Yemen, have repeatedly launched attacks against targets in neighboring Saudi Arabia. A TV station run by Houthies reported earlier than the drone attacks had hit targets in southern Saudi Arabia.
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Completes First Phase Of State Mills PrivatisationRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia said on Wednesday it had complete the first batch of its flour milling sector privatization, according to a statement by the state grain buyer and privatization centre. The long-awaited flour mills sale was one of the first privatisations the kingdom planned as part of a wide-reaching overhaul of … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Completes First Phase Of State Mills Privatisation
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Nominates Candidate To Bead WTO: DocumentGENEVA – Saudi Arabia nominated a former economy and planning minister to head the World Trade Organization on Wednesday, a WTO document showed, amid a last –minute flurry of submission to succeed the incumbent Roberto Azevedo who is stepping down in August. ‘The following communication, nominating Mr. Mohammad Mazid Al-Tuwaijri for the position of Director-General, … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Arabia Nominates Candidate To Bead WTO: Document
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Unemployment Falls In First Quarter, But Before Coronavirus ImpactRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Unemployment among citizens in the first quarter fell below 12% for the first time in four years, official figures released on Tuesday showed, but they did not capture the impact of the coronavirus crisis. Unemployment fell to 11.8% from 12% the previous quarter, the General Authority for Statistics said. ‘Data … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Unemployment Falls In First Quarter, But Before Coronavirus Impact
- BUSINESS | Saudi Arabia ups August Crude Prices To AsiaRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia’s state oil producer Aramco has hiked official selling prices (OSPs) for its crude to Asia by $1 a barrel in August, and raised the OSPs for almost all grades to Europe and the United States. Saudi Arabia has set the August price to Asia at plus $1.20 a … Continue reading BUSINESS | Saudi Arabia ups August Crude Prices To Asia
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Announces Haj Health Measures For Domestic PilgrimsRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia announced health protocols to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus in the 2020 Haj Season, banning gatherings and meetings between pilgrims, the state news agency said on Monday. Saudi Arabia decided in June to limit the number of domestic pilgrims attending the Haj to around 1,000 to … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi Arabia Announces Haj Health Measures For Domestic Pilgrims
- BUSINESS NEWS | Saudi Initiatives To Support Private Sector Exceed 51 Billion Riyals – Central BankRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi government initiatives to support the financing of the private sector to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus outbreak have exceeded 51 billion riyals ($13.60), the central bank said on Sunday.