Paris, France – Amid mysterious clouds of Persian blue mist, Elie Sab fashioned up a standout couture collection Wednesday using the symbolism of China.
The Lebanese designer reimagined traditional Chinese drawing through embroiders with sequins, palettes and sparkle that depicted fauna and flora; elements, the house said, that represent powerful protective spirits in Eastern legend.
“Nature, through mystical creatures and divine characters, sparked the curiosity of the designer, inspiring him to translate them into his very own art’’ it added.
Long diaphanous tulle, velvet and chiffon trains brought a magical romance to Saab’s bread-and-butter silhouette of sexy, cinched waist gowns. Models with decorated tiaras walked to Asian traditional music.
There was some sophisticated and thoughtful fashion designs amid to show production – for instance, the famed Chinese traditional dress, the Cheongsam, was reimagined in a light tuxedo – style with a provocative open bust.
Sustainability in Fashion
The fashion industry can be a polluting one, as it puts myriad editors on airplane across the world for fashion seasons that promote clothes to be discarded as soon as they get passé.
But there are some moments of ecological reflection.
One initiative at Elie Saab had front row editors impressed.
The season, there were no program notes on the seats, ones which comprises wads of thick, color-printed photos and detailed texts, and end up in the trash as soon as the critics have finished their reviews.
In their place Wednesday was a giant – and mysterious – barcode on each invitation.
It provoked bemusement from invitees. Each quest was instructed by Saab’s staff to hover their phone camera over the barcode, and then an option automatically appeared to load up the notes electronically to a web browser, saving plenty of trees in the process.
- FASHION | Meghan’s Fashion Range Launches – And Her Bag Is Already Sold OutWhen it comes to fashion the Duchess of Sussez most certainly has the midas touch, with anythingshe wears in public usually selling out within hours. Now Meghan Markle has harnessed the public’s admiration for her style, putting it to use as a force for good. She’s designed a line of clothing aimed at empowering unemployed … Read More
- FASHION | Jessica Chastain Turns To Lebanese Designers For ‘It’ PremieresHollywood actress Jessica Chastain, who star in ‘It Chapter Two’ has taken to Red Carpet premiers of the movie around the world in an array of Lebanese-designed gown. The star showed off an emerald green ballgown by Zuhair Murad at the Los Angeles premiere of the film last week and took the European premiere of … Read More
- FASHION | Fashion Photographer Peter Lindbergh Has Died, Age 74JEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Esteemed fashion photographer Peter Lindbergh, often credited with the rise of the supermodel, died Tuesday at the age of 74, as announced in a post on his official Instagram account Wednesday. Limbergh Is most renowned for his work with ’90 supermodels like Naomi Campbel, Kate Moss and Linda Evangelista, while he … Read More
- FASHION | Arab Designers Spice Up Venice Film FestivalJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Stars across the world have turned to Arab designers for their red carpet appearance at the ongoing Venice Film Festival. From Romanian actress and model Madalina Dina Ghenea to Lebanese director Nadine Labaki, the international film industry’s leading ladies have been showing off a number of glittering ensembles from regional designers … Read More
- KSA | Saudi Retailer Said To Pull Out Of Franchise Deal With Marks & SpencerJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair Co reportedly ends agreement with number of “non-performing” brands. Saudi retailer has reportedly pulled out its franchise partnership with Marks & Spencer. Reuters quoted a company statement as saying it has to ended similar agreements with a number of “non-performing” brands. The firm, which owns franchise right for … Read More
- ROYALS | Meghan Markle Makes A Surprise Appearance At A Photo Shoot, And She Couldn’t Look Happier.Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, shared a glimpse of her highly anticipated charity capsule collection of work attire, which launches this fall. In the footage, the duchess is seen hugging models, working with photographers, and smiling proudly from the sidelines. “Meghan surprised everyone at Smart Works when she showed up for the shoot”, which took place … Read More