Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – The United Arab Emirates will allow up to 100% foreign ownership of some companies operating in 13 sectors, including manufacturing, agriculture, and renewable energy, state news agency, WAM reported on Tuesday.
The UAE cabinet has approved 122 economic activities across 13 sectors eligible for up 100% foreign ownership, WAM said. It did not say when the decision was made.
Gulf state UAE last year approved a new foreign investment law that would allow foreigners to own more than 49 percent and up to 100 percent in some UAE business.
Officials later said a full list of which sectors and activities the law would apply to wpuld be published in the first quarter of 2019.
Other sectors and activities where up to 100% foreign ownership will now be permitted include space, transportation, hospitality, and professional, scientific and technical activities, according WAM.
The full list of sectors and activities the law applies to was not included in the WAM report.
Local governments are to determine how much foreign investors can own in each activitiy, WAM reported, suggesting some emirates could apply different limits to foreign ownership in the same sector or activity.
The government previously said several sectors and activities would be excluded from changes in the foreign investment law, including oil and gas production and exploration, land and air transport, and security and military.
The foreign ownership law is one of a series of economic reforms aimed at spurring investment and attracting foreign investors amid an economic slowdown in the Gulf.
Foreigners could already own up to 100% of business registered in designated business parks known as “free zones”.
- Saudi Arabia | Mansour Bin Zayed Attends Closing Ceremony Of Mohamed Bin Salman Camel FestivalTAIF, SAUDI ARABIA, September 16, 2019 – H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, has underlined the robust, longstanding relations binding the UAE and Saudi Arabia under the wise leadership of President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and the Custodian of the Two Holy … Read More
- BREAKING NEWS | HRH Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Receives Phone Call From Crown Prince Of Abdu DhabiJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA, September 16, 2019 – His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, Sunday received a telephone call from Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces. During … Read More
- BREAKING NEWS | UAE Condemns Terrorist Attack On Two Saudi Aramco FacilitiesRIYADH, SAUDI ARABIAM, September 14, 2019 – The UAE has strongly condemned the terrorist attack on Saturday that targeted two Saudi Aramco facilities in Abquiq province and Hijrat Khurais in Saudi Arabia, causing fires that were later brought under control. In a statement issued today, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation denounced this … Read More
- EMIRATES | HH Sheikha Latifa of Dubai Takes on a New RoleJEDDHA, SAUDI ARABIA – Another Arab woman is making waves as it has been announced that HH Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has been appointed to the position of Chairperson fo Dubai Culture and Arts Authority. HH Sheikha Latifa, was previously the Vice Chairperson of Dubai Culture, and she was responsible for … Read More
- SPORT | UAE Youth Jiu-Jitsu Teams Travel To RomaniaAbu Dhabi, UAE, September 11, 2019 – The UAE’s U-16 and U-18 national jiu-jitsu teams travelled to the Romanian capital, Bucharest, to participate in the “World Youth Cup” and the ‘Balkan Open for Youth”. Yousef Al Batran, Member of the Board in Charge of National Teams, stated that the UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation, led by Abdulmonem … Read More
- EMIRATES | Dubai-Based DJ Lucy Stone Dies At 38DUBAI, UAE, September 10, 2019 – UAE-based DJ and radio presenter Lucy Stone, aged 38, died in the UK last week. She was reported dead days after she had been announced missing. Circumstances around Stone’s passing are not yet known. Stone was a radio presenter for Dance FM, a local station in the UAE. In … Read More