Dubai, United Arab Emirates – July 01, 2019 – Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of the Executive Council H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum said that streamlining effort and aligning seamlessly work of various entities are key to achieve the objectives of Fifty-Year Charter, and to implement the vision of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice – President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, which aims to improve various aspects of life in Dubai.
His Highness said that he closely follows up the implementation of the charter, adding that the progress rates of various programmes are promising, where he addressed concerned authorities to maintain this momentum to achieve the objectives, to ensure prosperity and progress. His Highness also praised efforts of all those involved in the implementation of the 9 chapters of the charter.
Sheikh Hamdan’s remarks came as he chaired meeting of The Executive Council at Emirates Towers in presence of Deputy Ruler of Dubai and First Deputy Chairman of the Council HH Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, where he reviewed the progress of work of the various programmes that seek to implement the 9 chapters of the charter, and was briefed about the next steps. “The 50-year Charter is futuristic vision that is for the journey of Dubai, and an engine for its development journey in the future, which will allow it to keep pace with global development, and maintain its economic diversification and its sustainability for a better future generations. That’s why the close follow up of the implementation of the 50-year Charter tops our priorities”, Sheikh Hamdan said.
During the meeting, HH was briefed about progress rate at Dubai Silk Road, strategy was prepared by the Ports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation (PCFC), in collaboration with key government entities. Internally, the strategy focuses on enhancing trade between free zones and the rest of the emirates. Externally, the focus will be on enhancing strategic and operational connection of logistics services between DP World terminal across the world with Emirates airlines playing a key role. The new Dubai Silk Road strategy comprises 9 initiatives and 33 projects that will see the collaboration of Emirates airlines, Dubai Airports, Dubai South, Dubai Free Zones, DFZ, Council, Dubai Maritime City Authority, Dubai Roads and Transport Authority, DP World, Dubai Municipality, Jabel Ali Free Zone.
Other initiatives that His Highness was briefed about include Dubai Blink, the world’s first B2B smart commerce platform. It will utilize artificial intelligence (AI), block chain technology and virtual business licenses, allowing companies from around the world to connect and trade via Dubai.
- HIGH SOCIETY | Impressive Timepieces From Upcoming Christie’s Dubai Watch AuctionDUBAI | UAE – Christie’s Dubai is set to hold its 19th auction on April 11 at the new Mandarin Oriental Hotel. This edition brings with it the largest selection of watches ever offered in the region, with approximately 200 lots dating from the 1930 to 2019.
- BUSINESS | S&P Warns Coronavirus Travel Restrictions Could Hurt Dubai’s Hospitality IndustryDUBAI | UAE – – Dubai’s hospitality industry is most at risk in the Gulf Arab states region from being negatively impacted by travel restrictions associated with the new coronavirus outbreak, ratings agency S&P Global said in a research note. S&P said the travel restrictions could weight on Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, … Read more
- THE POWER OF INFLUENCE | Dubai Ruler Receives Ivanka Trump At GWFD 2020THE POWER OF INFLUENCE | Dubai Ruler Receives Ivanka Trump At GWFD 2020 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, received Ivanka Trump, Advisor to the U.S. President, on the sidelines of Global Women’s Forum Dubai, GWFD 2020, being held from 16th-17th February in Dubai. Sheikh Hamdan bin … Read more
- BUSINESS | L’Oréal Signs On As Latest Expo 2020 PartnerPARIS | FRANCE – – L’Oréal can expect even more flair at Expo 2020 at the event names L’Oréal as its official beauty products and services partner. L’Oréal is removed the world over for its best-selling cosmetics and fragrances and the international talent it work with. Through immersive experiences, including beauty shows, dedicated salons, pop-up … Read more
- DUBAI | Dubai Crown Prince Approves Decision To Waive Dubai Government Services FeesDUBAI | UAE – – Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, approved a decision to waive fees on various government services offered in Dubai, aimed at lowering the cost of living, facilitating the ease of doing business, and supporting investors. The waived fees … Read more
- BUSINESS | Dubai Airport Sees First-Ever Annual Drop In Passenger Traffic In 1019MILAN | ITALY – Dubai International Airport, the world’s busiest airport for international travelers, handled 86.4 million passengers in 2019, dropping 3.1% from the previous year to post its first annual fall in traffic. Chief Executive Paul Griffiths said factors behind the drop included a temporary runway closure, the collapse of India’s Jet Airways, and … Read more