Dubai, United Arab Emirates – July 01, 2019 – Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of the Executive Council H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum said that streamlining effort and aligning seamlessly work of various entities are key to achieve the objectives of Fifty-Year Charter, and to implement the vision of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice – President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, which aims to improve various aspects of life in Dubai.
His Highness said that he closely follows up the implementation of the charter, adding that the progress rates of various programmes are promising, where he addressed concerned authorities to maintain this momentum to achieve the objectives, to ensure prosperity and progress. His Highness also praised efforts of all those involved in the implementation of the 9 chapters of the charter.
Sheikh Hamdan’s remarks came as he chaired meeting of The Executive Council at Emirates Towers in presence of Deputy Ruler of Dubai and First Deputy Chairman of the Council HH Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, where he reviewed the progress of work of the various programmes that seek to implement the 9 chapters of the charter, and was briefed about the next steps. “The 50-year Charter is futuristic vision that is for the journey of Dubai, and an engine for its development journey in the future, which will allow it to keep pace with global development, and maintain its economic diversification and its sustainability for a better future generations. That’s why the close follow up of the implementation of the 50-year Charter tops our priorities”, Sheikh Hamdan said.
During the meeting, HH was briefed about progress rate at Dubai Silk Road, strategy was prepared by the Ports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation (PCFC), in collaboration with key government entities. Internally, the strategy focuses on enhancing trade between free zones and the rest of the emirates. Externally, the focus will be on enhancing strategic and operational connection of logistics services between DP World terminal across the world with Emirates airlines playing a key role. The new Dubai Silk Road strategy comprises 9 initiatives and 33 projects that will see the collaboration of Emirates airlines, Dubai Airports, Dubai South, Dubai Free Zones, DFZ, Council, Dubai Maritime City Authority, Dubai Roads and Transport Authority, DP World, Dubai Municipality, Jabel Ali Free Zone.
Other initiatives that His Highness was briefed about include Dubai Blink, the world’s first B2B smart commerce platform. It will utilize artificial intelligence (AI), block chain technology and virtual business licenses, allowing companies from around the world to connect and trade via Dubai.
- BREAKING NEWS | Pompeo Says U.S. Wants Peaceful Resolution After Attacks On Aramco FacilitiesDUBAI, UAE, September 19, 2019 – U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Thursday the United States was building a coalition to deter Iran after an attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities but it wanted a peaceful resolution. “We are still striving to build a coalition in an act of diplomacy while the foreign … Read More
- BREAKING NEWS | UAE Joins International Coalition For Maritime SecurityJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA, September 19, 2019 – The United Arab Emirates on Thursday announced it has joined international Maritime Security Construct, an international alliance that aims to protect the safety of maritime navigation and international trade. Salem Mohammed Al Zaabi, Director of the International Security Cooperation Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International … Read More
- BREAKING NEWS | Pompeo To Discuss Efforts Versus Iran With Saudi Arabia Crown PrinceJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA, September 18, 2019 – The U.S. Secretary of State will meet with Saudi Arabia's crown prince in Jeddah on Wednesday to discuss the attack on Aramco installations and coordinate efforts against "Iranian aggression", the U.S. Mission to United Arab Emirates said. Mike Pompeo "will meet with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman … Read More
- EMIRATES | Arab Women Sports Tournament 2020 To Kick Off In FebruarySHARJAH, UAE – The Supreme Organizing Committee of the Arab Women Sports Tournament, AWST 2020, has set 2nd February, 2020, as the launch date of the fifth edition of the sporting event, which will be held in Sharjah. The event will be held under the patronage of H.H. Sheikha Jawaher bint Mohammed Al Qasimi, wife … Read More
- KSA | Investigations Still Ongoing To Determine Source Of Sabotage Attack On Oil Facilities: Saudi ArabiaJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – In an unprecedented act of aggression and sabotage, petroleum facilities in the kingdom that are vital for global energy supplies were subjected to an attack on Saturday, September 14, 2019, which resulted in the suspension of approximately 50 percent of Saudi Aramco’s production, as noted by the Ministry of Energy’s statement. … Read More
- EMIRATES | Exhibition OF 20TH Century Modern Masterpieces Opens At Louvre Abu DhabiABU DHABI, UAE – Noura bint Mohammed Al Kaabi, Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development, and Mohamed Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman of Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi, opened Louvre Abu Dhabi’s first international exhibition of its new season “Changing Societies, Rendezvous in Paris: Picasso, Chagall, Modigliani & Co. (1990-1939)”. It will open … Read More