Dubai, United Arab Emirates – July 01, 2019 – Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of the Executive Council H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum said that streamlining effort and aligning seamlessly work of various entities are key to achieve the objectives of Fifty-Year Charter, and to implement the vision of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice – President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, which aims to improve various aspects of life in Dubai.
His Highness said that he closely follows up the implementation of the charter, adding that the progress rates of various programmes are promising, where he addressed concerned authorities to maintain this momentum to achieve the objectives, to ensure prosperity and progress. His Highness also praised efforts of all those involved in the implementation of the 9 chapters of the charter.
Sheikh Hamdan’s remarks came as he chaired meeting of The Executive Council at Emirates Towers in presence of Deputy Ruler of Dubai and First Deputy Chairman of the Council HH Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, where he reviewed the progress of work of the various programmes that seek to implement the 9 chapters of the charter, and was briefed about the next steps. “The 50-year Charter is futuristic vision that is for the journey of Dubai, and an engine for its development journey in the future, which will allow it to keep pace with global development, and maintain its economic diversification and its sustainability for a better future generations. That’s why the close follow up of the implementation of the 50-year Charter tops our priorities”, Sheikh Hamdan said.
During the meeting, HH was briefed about progress rate at Dubai Silk Road, strategy was prepared by the Ports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation (PCFC), in collaboration with key government entities. Internally, the strategy focuses on enhancing trade between free zones and the rest of the emirates. Externally, the focus will be on enhancing strategic and operational connection of logistics services between DP World terminal across the world with Emirates airlines playing a key role. The new Dubai Silk Road strategy comprises 9 initiatives and 33 projects that will see the collaboration of Emirates airlines, Dubai Airports, Dubai South, Dubai Free Zones, DFZ, Council, Dubai Maritime City Authority, Dubai Roads and Transport Authority, DP World, Dubai Municipality, Jabel Ali Free Zone.
Other initiatives that His Highness was briefed about include Dubai Blink, the world’s first B2B smart commerce platform. It will utilize artificial intelligence (AI), block chain technology and virtual business licenses, allowing companies from around the world to connect and trade via Dubai.
- SPORTS | Dubai Sports Council Announces ‘Marathon At Home’DUBAI – Dubai Sports Council, in collaboration with ASICS Middle East and 5:30 Run club, have come up with an exciting new initiative, the ‘Marathon at Home’, which will take place under the umbrella of DSC’s ‘Be Fit, Be Safe’ and #stayhome campaigns, and is designed to keep members of UAE’s community in running shape … Continue reading EMIRATES | Hamdan Bin Mohammed Chairs Executive Council Meeting Read more
- HEALTH | UAE Launches Online Campaign For Mental Support Amid Coronavirus OutbreakABU DHABI – The National Programme for Happiness and Wellbeing, NPHW, has launched a national campaign for mental support for all UAE residents to help them overcome the psychological impact resulting from the spread of COVID-19. More than 50 experts in the field of psychology, mental and social support, and life skills are participating in … Continue reading EMIRATES | Hamdan Bin Mohammed Chairs Executive Council Meeting Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | UAE Imposes First Lockdown On Historic District To Slow CoronavirusDUBAI – Dubai enforced the UAE’s first full lockdown on district housing the emirate’s famous gold and spice markets on Tuesday, to disinfect the normally bustling tourist and trade as part of efforts to stem the spread of the coronavirus. The United Arab Emirates has extended a daily overnight curfew for a nationwide disinfection drive … Continue reading EMIRATES | Hamdan Bin Mohammed Chairs Executive Council Meeting Read more
- BUSINESS | Expo 2020 Dubai To Be Postponed By One YearDUBAI – Expo 2020 Dubai is set to be postponed by one year due to the global coronavirus pandemic, according to a draft statement seen by Reuters and two sources familiar with the matter. An estimated 11 million overseas visitors were expected to attend the nearly six-month-long showpiece of culture, business and technology featuring pavilions … Continue reading EMIRATES | Hamdan Bin Mohammed Chairs Executive Council Meeting Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Mohamed bin Zayed, Pope Francis Discuss Developments In Spread Of CoronavirusRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – During a telephone call, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, and His Holiness Pop Francis, Head of the Catholic Church, today discussed their friendship, cooperation and developments related to the spread of the coronavirus, as well … Continue reading EMIRATES | Hamdan Bin Mohammed Chairs Executive Council Meeting Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Sharjah Extends Suspension Of All Activities Until End Of AprilRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Sharjah Executive Council announced on Sunday that it will extend the suspension of all social and sporting events and celebrations in wedding halls, event halls, hotels, and government and community facilities, until the end of April. The provisions of the decision shall be implemented as of 1st April 2020, … Continue reading EMIRATES | Hamdan Bin Mohammed Chairs Executive Council Meeting Read more