Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 24, 2019 – H.H.Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chariman of Dubai Executive Council, has said that the growing contribution of the Islamic economy sector in Dubai’s gross domestic product, GDP, reflects the ability of the UAE’s economy in achieving growth and highlights the success of economic diversification plan.
This is part of the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, to cement Dubai as a global capital of the Islamic economy, through clear strategy that’s being executed steadily and amid a conductive business environment, he added.
His Highness said that the effective contribution of the Islamic economy sectors in Dubai’s GDP also reflects the success of Dubai in benefiting from its competitiveness to help support the sector’s Growth; and to unlock opportunities that further ensure its sustainability globally, given the UAE’S position as key partner in the global economy, thanks to the potentials it possess that allow it to take a leading role in the development of the Islamic economy globally.
“We are keen on encouraging creative ideas that open new horizons that lead to unleashing potentials of the Islamic economy and its diversified sectors and activities, and meet the growing demand on its various products and services”, the Dubai Crown Prince continued.
Sheikh Hamdan explained that these successes contribute towards cementing Dubai as the global capital of the Islamic economy sector, and present the emirate as a successful model for economic diversification and creating new sectors for growth, in line with 50-Year Charter unveiled by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid.
The report issued by Dubai Statistics Centre, a strategic partner of Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre, DIEDC, also showed that the Islamic economy contributed towards 10 percent of Dubai’s GDP at the end of 2017.
- TRAVEL ALERT | UAE Says Residents, Citizens Cannot Travel Abroad For Tourism YetDUBAI – United Arab Emirates authorities on Wednesday said residents and citizens were not yet allowed to travel abroad for tourism and leisure purposes and all travel abroad needed a permit, as part of restrictions aimed at stemming the spread of the new coronavirus. A spokesman for the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority … Continue reading TRAVEL ALERT | UAE Says Residents, Citizens Cannot Travel Abroad For Tourism Yet
- ABU DHABI | Sheikha Fatima Orders Launch Of Virtual Market For Productive FamiliesABU DHABI – Sheika Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the Genera’ Women’s Union, GWO, President of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood, and Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation, FED, instructed the establishment of a virtual market for productive families, in light of her belief in the importance of adopting innovative solutions to … Continue reading ABU DHABI | Sheikha Fatima Orders Launch Of Virtual Market For Productive Families
- CORONAVIRUS | Abu Dhabi Permits People With Negative COVID-19 Test To Enter The EmiratesABU DHABI – Abu Dhabi will allow people to enter the emirate if they have tested negative for COVID-19 infection within the previous 48 hours, the local government media office said on Monday. Abu Dhabi, the largest and wealthiest member of the United Arab Emirates federation, had has a ban on people entering since June … Continue reading CORONAVIRUS | Abu Dhabi Permits People With Negative COVID-19 Test To Enter The Emirates
- TRAVEL | Countries UAE Citizens, Residents Can Travel To Starting From June 23DUBAI – The UAE on Wednesday announced a list of countries that citizens and residents can travel to starting from June 23 as part of the government’s efforts to loosen coronavirus restrictions. The country have been divided into three categories: high risk, moderate risk, and low risk. Citizens and residents of the UAE will only … Continue reading TRAVEL | Countries UAE Citizens, Residents Can Travel To Starting From June 23
- NEWS | UAE Citizens, Residents Are Allowed To Travel As Of June 23: WAMRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The United Arab Emirates announced on Monday that citizens and residents are allowed to travel to specific destinations as of June, state news agency (WAM) reported. A list of the destinations, the groups authorized to travel, and the procedures that must be adhered to before, during, and after returning from … Continue reading NEWS | UAE Citizens, Residents Are Allowed To Travel As Of June 23: WAM
- BUSINESS | Dubai Tourism Launches ‘Dubai Virtual Backgrounds’Users of video conferencing apps can download free images showcasing the beauty and diversity of Dubai’s destination and use them as their backdrop, announced the emirate’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, Dubai Tourism. In a statement, the Department said, ‘With the world’s business ecosystem embracing a virtual environment due to the global pandemic and … Continue reading BUSINESS | Dubai Tourism Launches ‘Dubai Virtual Backgrounds’