Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 24, 2019 – H.H.Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chariman of Dubai Executive Council, has said that the growing contribution of the Islamic economy sector in Dubai’s gross domestic product, GDP, reflects the ability of the UAE’s economy in achieving growth and highlights the success of economic diversification plan.
This is part of the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, to cement Dubai as a global capital of the Islamic economy, through clear strategy that’s being executed steadily and amid a conductive business environment, he added.
His Highness said that the effective contribution of the Islamic economy sectors in Dubai’s GDP also reflects the success of Dubai in benefiting from its competitiveness to help support the sector’s Growth; and to unlock opportunities that further ensure its sustainability globally, given the UAE’S position as key partner in the global economy, thanks to the potentials it possess that allow it to take a leading role in the development of the Islamic economy globally.
“We are keen on encouraging creative ideas that open new horizons that lead to unleashing potentials of the Islamic economy and its diversified sectors and activities, and meet the growing demand on its various products and services”, the Dubai Crown Prince continued.
Sheikh Hamdan explained that these successes contribute towards cementing Dubai as the global capital of the Islamic economy sector, and present the emirate as a successful model for economic diversification and creating new sectors for growth, in line with 50-Year Charter unveiled by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid.
The report issued by Dubai Statistics Centre, a strategic partner of Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre, DIEDC, also showed that the Islamic economy contributed towards 10 percent of Dubai’s GDP at the end of 2017.
- Saudi Arabia | Mansour Bin Zayed Attends Closing Ceremony Of Mohamed Bin Salman Camel FestivalTAIF, SAUDI ARABIA, September 16, 2019 – H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, has underlined the robust, longstanding relations binding the UAE and Saudi Arabia under the wise leadership of President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and the Custodian of the Two Holy … Read More
- BREAKING NEWS | HRH Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Receives Phone Call From Crown Prince Of Abdu DhabiJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA, September 16, 2019 – His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, Sunday received a telephone call from Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces. During … Read More
- BREAKING NEWS | UAE Condemns Terrorist Attack On Two Saudi Aramco FacilitiesRIYADH, SAUDI ARABIAM, September 14, 2019 – The UAE has strongly condemned the terrorist attack on Saturday that targeted two Saudi Aramco facilities in Abquiq province and Hijrat Khurais in Saudi Arabia, causing fires that were later brought under control. In a statement issued today, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation denounced this … Read More
- EMIRATES | HH Sheikha Latifa of Dubai Takes on a New RoleJEDDHA, SAUDI ARABIA – Another Arab woman is making waves as it has been announced that HH Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has been appointed to the position of Chairperson fo Dubai Culture and Arts Authority. HH Sheikha Latifa, was previously the Vice Chairperson of Dubai Culture, and she was responsible for … Read More
- SPORT | UAE Youth Jiu-Jitsu Teams Travel To RomaniaAbu Dhabi, UAE, September 11, 2019 – The UAE’s U-16 and U-18 national jiu-jitsu teams travelled to the Romanian capital, Bucharest, to participate in the “World Youth Cup” and the ‘Balkan Open for Youth”. Yousef Al Batran, Member of the Board in Charge of National Teams, stated that the UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation, led by Abdulmonem … Read More
- EMIRATES | Dubai-Based DJ Lucy Stone Dies At 38DUBAI, UAE, September 10, 2019 – UAE-based DJ and radio presenter Lucy Stone, aged 38, died in the UK last week. She was reported dead days after she had been announced missing. Circumstances around Stone’s passing are not yet known. Stone was a radio presenter for Dance FM, a local station in the UAE. In … Read More