Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 24, 2019 – H.H.Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chariman of Dubai Executive Council, has said that the growing contribution of the Islamic economy sector in Dubai’s gross domestic product, GDP, reflects the ability of the UAE’s economy in achieving growth and highlights the success of economic diversification plan.
This is part of the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, to cement Dubai as a global capital of the Islamic economy, through clear strategy that’s being executed steadily and amid a conductive business environment, he added.
His Highness said that the effective contribution of the Islamic economy sectors in Dubai’s GDP also reflects the success of Dubai in benefiting from its competitiveness to help support the sector’s Growth; and to unlock opportunities that further ensure its sustainability globally, given the UAE’S position as key partner in the global economy, thanks to the potentials it possess that allow it to take a leading role in the development of the Islamic economy globally.
“We are keen on encouraging creative ideas that open new horizons that lead to unleashing potentials of the Islamic economy and its diversified sectors and activities, and meet the growing demand on its various products and services”, the Dubai Crown Prince continued.
Sheikh Hamdan explained that these successes contribute towards cementing Dubai as the global capital of the Islamic economy sector, and present the emirate as a successful model for economic diversification and creating new sectors for growth, in line with 50-Year Charter unveiled by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid.
The report issued by Dubai Statistics Centre, a strategic partner of Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre, DIEDC, also showed that the Islamic economy contributed towards 10 percent of Dubai’s GDP at the end of 2017.
- UAE | Islamic New Year Holiday For Private Sector AnnouncedABU DHABI – The Ministry Of Human Resources and Emiratisation has declared Sunday, 23rd August, an official paid holiday for all private sector employees in the UAE to celebrate the coming Islamic New Year, Al Hijri 1442.
- SCIENCE | United Arab Emirates Set To Launch Mission To MarsDUBAI – The United Arab Emirates launches its first mission to Mars early on Monday as it strives to develop its scientific and technology capabilities and move away from its reliance on oil. The Hope Probe will launch from Japan’s Tnegashima Space Center at 1:58 A.M. UAE time/ 6:58 A.M. Japanese time Monday (2158 GMT … Continue reading SCIENCE | United Arab Emirates Set To Launch Mission To Mars
- POLITICS | Mohamed Bin Zayed, German Chancellor Discuss Cooperation, Number of Regional And International IssuesABU DHABI – Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces and the German Chanceller, Angela Merkel discussed cooperation channels and ways to enhance the existing overall strategic partnership to achieve the aspirations of the two peoples to accomplish development and progress. In … Continue reading POLITICS | Mohamed Bin Zayed, German Chancellor Discuss Cooperation, Number of Regional And International Issues
- BUSINESS NEWS | Abu Dhabi Fund Suspends Debt Service Repayments For Countries, CompaniesABU DHABI – Abu Dhabi Fund For Development has suspended debt service repayments for some countries and companies for the year, the state-financed fund said on Sunday. The fund provides financial assistance to companies in the United Arab Emirates and to developing countries, which has included Pakistan, Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia. Debt service repayments would … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Abu Dhabi Fund Suspends Debt Service Repayments For Countries, Companies
- TRAVEL ALERT | UAE Says Residents, Citizens Cannot Travel Abroad For Tourism YetDUBAI – United Arab Emirates authorities on Wednesday said residents and citizens were not yet allowed to travel abroad for tourism and leisure purposes and all travel abroad needed a permit, as part of restrictions aimed at stemming the spread of the new coronavirus. A spokesman for the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority … Continue reading TRAVEL ALERT | UAE Says Residents, Citizens Cannot Travel Abroad For Tourism Yet
- ABU DHABI | Sheikha Fatima Orders Launch Of Virtual Market For Productive FamiliesABU DHABI – Sheika Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the Genera’ Women’s Union, GWO, President of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood, and Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation, FED, instructed the establishment of a virtual market for productive families, in light of her belief in the importance of adopting innovative solutions to … Continue reading ABU DHABI | Sheikha Fatima Orders Launch Of Virtual Market For Productive Families