Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Australia’s flag carrier, Qantas Airways Ltd, said on Friday that its flights over the Middle East would avoid the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman following the downing of a U.S. surveillance drone in the region.
The restriction will mean a slight change to the route for flights between Australia and London, the airline said in a statement.
The U.s Federal Aviation Administration has issues an emergency order prohibiting U.S. operators from flying in Iran-controlled airspace over the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman due to heightened tensions.
- SOCIAL MEDIA | Egypt Jails Five Women Influencer Over TikTok PostsCAIRO – An Egyptian court sentenced five female social media influencers to two years each in prison on Monday after finding them guilty of promoting immorality and human trafficking by encouraging women to make money building social media followings. The women, who were also fined 300,000 Egyptian pounds ($19,000), were accused of running online accounts … Continue reading SOCIAL MEDIA | Egypt Jails Five Women Influencer Over TikTok Posts
- BUSINESS NEWS | Oman Investment Authority Restructures Board Of 15 CompaniesRIHADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Oman Investment Authority has restructured the boards of 15 companies overseen by it as part of a comprehensive review of state-owned companies, the state news agency said on Sunday. The chairman of five companies were replaced. Oman established the Oman Investment Authority last month to own and manage most … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Oman Investment Authority Restructures Board Of 15 Companies
- BUSINESS NEWS | Kuwait Scrambles To Boost Coffers With Up To $16 Billion Debt PlanKUWAIT – Kuwait plans to issue between 4 billion and 5 billion dinars ($ 13 billion to $16 billion) in public debt by the end of the fiscal year ending March 2021 if parliament approves a long – debated debt law, a government document seen by Reuters showed. Facing one of the worst economic crunches … Continue reading BUSINESS NEWS | Kuwait Scrambles To Boost Coffers With Up To $16 Billion Debt Plan
- NEWS ALERT | Kuwait Ruler Had Successful Surgery, State News Agency SaysKUWAIT – Kuwait’s 91-year-old ruler Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah underwent successful surgery on Sunday morning, his office said, after having been admitted to hospital on Saturday for medical checks. Sheikh Sabah has ruled Kuwait since 2006. His office, in a statement carried by state news agency KUNA, did not specify what kind of surgery … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Kuwait Ruler Had Successful Surgery, State News Agency Says
- NEWS ALERT | Kuwaiti Crown Prince To Temporarily Fill Some Of Emir’s RolesRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Kuwait’s crown prince will temporarily exercise some of the ruling emir’s constitutional duties, per a royal decree, the state news agency KUNA said on Saturday, without giving details. The 91-year-old emir, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, was admitted to hospital on Saturday for medical checks, the state news agency KUNA … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Kuwaiti Crown Prince To Temporarily Fill Some Of Emir’s Roles
- NEWS ALERT | Saudi-led coalition in Yemen says explosive boats destroyed in Red Sea – Saudi TVRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi-led military coalition fighting the Iran-aligned Houthi group in Yemen said it destroyed two explosive –laden boasts in the red Sea, Saudi State TV reported on Thursday. The two remotely controlled boats were threatening navigation, the coalition said. They were destroyed south of the Yemeni port of Salif it … Continue reading NEWS ALERT | Saudi-led coalition in Yemen says explosive boats destroyed in Red Sea – Saudi TV