Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Australia’s flag carrier, Qantas Airways Ltd, said on Friday that its flights over the Middle East would avoid the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman following the downing of a U.S. surveillance drone in the region.
The restriction will mean a slight change to the route for flights between Australia and London, the airline said in a statement.
The U.s Federal Aviation Administration has issues an emergency order prohibiting U.S. operators from flying in Iran-controlled airspace over the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman due to heightened tensions.
- BREAKING NEWS | France Deploys Radar System In Saudi Arabia To “Reassure” KingdomPARIS | FRANCE – France has deployed a radar system on the eastern coast of Saudi Arabia to beef up its ally’s defense after missile attacks on the kingdom’s oil infrastructure in September, France officials said. Paris has blamed Iran for carrying out the drone and missile attack, which crippled the world’s biggest oil processing … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Renews Condemnation of Iran for Attacks in IraqRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – The Saudi Cabinet reiterated on Tuesday the Kingdom’s condemnation of Iran’s attacks against bases housing U.S. forces in Iraq. Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz chaired the cabinet meeting that was held in Riyadh. The ministers stressed that Saudi Arabia “stands by Iraq against all challenges … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Issues New Warning To Citizens Over Investing In TurkeyRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia issued on Monday a new warning to its citizens against making investments in Turkey. The Kingdom’s embassy in Ankara called on potential Saudi investors to completely study relevant laws and regulations in the country before carrying out any investment. It urged them against falling for “untrusted marketing ploys … Read more
- EMIRATES | Fatima Bint Mubarak Offers Condolences On Death Of Sultan Qaboos Bin SaidH.H. Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the General Women's Union (GWU), President of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood, and Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation (FDF), today offered condolences to Ahad bint Abdullah bin Hamad Al Busaidia, wife of His Majesty Sultan Haitham bin Tariq bin Taimour of Oman, on the … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Japan Pursues Regional Diplomacy To Defuse Gulf TensionsABU DHABI – – Japan Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Arab Emirates should work together to work together to de-escalate the tense situation in the Gulf, a Japanese foreign ministry official said on Monday, relaying comments by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. The official said Japan’s strong relationship with both the United States and Iran … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Temperatures Drop Below Zero In Northern Saudi ArabiaJEDDAH | SAUDI ARABIA – – Saudi Arabia, for the last two days, has witnessed a sharp decrease in temperatures with a cold front affecting the Kingdom’s north and center. Temperatures dropped below 0 degrees Celsius in some parts, with the Saudi meteorology office urging residents to keep warm and avoid venturing to isolated regions. … Read more