Dubai, UAE , June 20, 2019 – H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, has issued the Executive Council Resolution No. 16 of 2019 forming Dubai Regulatory Committee for Petroleum Products Trading.
The Committee includes representatives from the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Energy and Industry, Federal Authority for Land and Maritime Transport, Supreme Council of Energy, Dubai Police, Directorate General of Civil Defense, Dubai Municipality, Roads and Transport Authority, Department of Economic Development, Dubai Customs, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dubai Petroleum Company, Emirates Oil Company, ENOC, Ports Customs and Free Zone Corporation and Dubai Maritime City Authority.
The Chairman of the Supreme Council of Energy will appoint the chairman and vice chairman of the committee. The committee is responsible for all the duties prescribed in Federal Law No.14 of 2017 on Tranding in Petroleum Products and its bylaws and any other relevant regulation issued by Supreme Council of Energy. The committee reports to the Supreme Council of Energy.
The Resolution is valid from the date of issuance and will be published in the Official Gazette.
- HIGH SOCIETY | Impressive Timepieces From Upcoming Christie’s Dubai Watch AuctionDUBAI | UAE – Christie’s Dubai is set to hold its 19th auction on April 11 at the new Mandarin Oriental Hotel. This edition brings with it the largest selection of watches ever offered in the region, with approximately 200 lots dating from the 1930 to 2019.
- BUSINESS | S&P Warns Coronavirus Travel Restrictions Could Hurt Dubai’s Hospitality IndustryDUBAI | UAE – – Dubai’s hospitality industry is most at risk in the Gulf Arab states region from being negatively impacted by travel restrictions associated with the new coronavirus outbreak, ratings agency S&P Global said in a research note. S&P said the travel restrictions could weight on Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, … Read more
- THE POWER OF INFLUENCE | Dubai Ruler Receives Ivanka Trump At GWFD 2020THE POWER OF INFLUENCE | Dubai Ruler Receives Ivanka Trump At GWFD 2020 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, received Ivanka Trump, Advisor to the U.S. President, on the sidelines of Global Women’s Forum Dubai, GWFD 2020, being held from 16th-17th February in Dubai. Sheikh Hamdan bin … Read more
- BUSINESS | L’Oréal Signs On As Latest Expo 2020 PartnerPARIS | FRANCE – – L’Oréal can expect even more flair at Expo 2020 at the event names L’Oréal as its official beauty products and services partner. L’Oréal is removed the world over for its best-selling cosmetics and fragrances and the international talent it work with. Through immersive experiences, including beauty shows, dedicated salons, pop-up … Read more
- DUBAI | Dubai Crown Prince Approves Decision To Waive Dubai Government Services FeesDUBAI | UAE – – Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, approved a decision to waive fees on various government services offered in Dubai, aimed at lowering the cost of living, facilitating the ease of doing business, and supporting investors. The waived fees … Read more
- BUSINESS | Dubai Airport Sees First-Ever Annual Drop In Passenger Traffic In 1019MILAN | ITALY – Dubai International Airport, the world’s busiest airport for international travelers, handled 86.4 million passengers in 2019, dropping 3.1% from the previous year to post its first annual fall in traffic. Chief Executive Paul Griffiths said factors behind the drop included a temporary runway closure, the collapse of India’s Jet Airways, and … Read more