Milan, Italy – Milan Fashion Week for Spring/Summer menswear previews has started with a slightly different rhythm, with many mainstays not showing this season.
Milano, Italy – Giorgio Armani and Italian Olympic officials used the runway to announce Armani’s fifth Olympic Games as the Italian team’s officials uniform designer.
Some 30 Olympians and Paralympians introduces the looks for 2020 Games in Tokyo that projected Armani’s often-expressed love of Japan, with the red rising sun of Japan transformed with the green-white-and-red of the Italian flag.
The president of the Italian National Olympic Committee, Giovani Malago, was on hand for the rollout. He praised Armani as the designer “who has given the most trust to the world of sports and to the teams that represent our country”.
Taking a lone turn on the runway to close the show was professional race car driven Alex Zanardi, who lost both legs in a racing accident in 2001.
Armani previously designed the Italian Olympic and Paralympic uniforms for the Summer Games in London in 2012 and Rio de Janeiro in 2016, and for the Winter Games in 2014 in Sochi, Russia, and in 2018 in Pyenogchang, South Korea. lsdsemih
- FASHION | Zac Posen, Red Carpet Favorite, Shuts Down Fashion LabelNew York – Designer Zac Posen is shutting down his namesake label. Posen has been a red carpet favorite for close to two decades, known for glamorous, body-hugging gowns, often with long trains or big, flamboyant ruffles, for stars like Katie Holmes and Rihanna. An announcement from the label’s owners, Hose of Z and Z … Read more
- ENTERTAINMENT | Lady Gaga To Play Scandal – Plagued Gucci Wife In Next Feature FilmLOS ANGELES / CALIFORNIA – Lady Gaga has lined up her next feature film and will play the wife of a murdered heir to the Gucci fashion dynasty, Hollywood media reported on Friday. Gaga, whose first lead movie role in “A Star is Born” last year was critically acclaimed, will play Patrizia Reggiani, who served … Read more
- FASHION | Giorgio Armani To Present His Cruise 2021 Collection In DubaiDUBAI – Italian fashion house Giorgio Armani is heading to Dubai to present its Cruise 2021 collection in the city in April. The show will coincide with the reopening of the brand’s store at The Dubai Mall. ‘I’m very happy to be back in Dubai after 10 years, especially on the occasion of the EXPO … Read more
- FASHION | Couture Meets High-Street In Giambattista Vali, H&M CollaborationROME/ITALY – High-end fashion met budget high-street retail at a glittering catwalk show in Rome on Thursday evening, where Italian designer Giambattista Valli Presented his new collection for Sweden’s H&M in Rome’s sumptuous 17thcentury Palazzo Doria Pamphilj. Against a backdrop of chandeliered gilded salons, models including Kendall Jenner swept down a pink catwalk in an … Read more
- FASHION INDUSTRY | Who Will Be Named Model Of The Year?The British Fashion Council has announced the nominations for the 2019 Fashion Awards, with model Adut Akech and designer Daniel Lee of Bottega Veneta among those recognized. The awards recognize “exceptional individuals whose imagination and creativity has broken new ground in fashion” in the fashion industry, a British Fashion Council (BFC) press release stated. The … Read more
- SPORT | Rafa Nadal Marries Mery Perello: See Her Two Stunning Wedding DressMILAN/ITALY – Congratulations are in order for tennis superstar Rafa Nadal, 33, who married his long-term girlfriend Mery Perello, 31, in a beautiful ceremony on the Spanish island of Majorca on 19 October. As well as a few sweet photos of the happy couple, several sketches have been released detailing not one but two gorgeous … Read more