Milan, Italy – Milan Fashion Week for Spring/Summer menswear previews has started with a slightly different rhythm, with many mainstays not showing this season.
Milano, Italy – Giorgio Armani and Italian Olympic officials used the runway to announce Armani’s fifth Olympic Games as the Italian team’s officials uniform designer.
Some 30 Olympians and Paralympians introduces the looks for 2020 Games in Tokyo that projected Armani’s often-expressed love of Japan, with the red rising sun of Japan transformed with the green-white-and-red of the Italian flag.
The president of the Italian National Olympic Committee, Giovani Malago, was on hand for the rollout. He praised Armani as the designer “who has given the most trust to the world of sports and to the teams that represent our country”.
Taking a lone turn on the runway to close the show was professional race car driven Alex Zanardi, who lost both legs in a racing accident in 2001.
Armani previously designed the Italian Olympic and Paralympic uniforms for the Summer Games in London in 2012 and Rio de Janeiro in 2016, and for the Winter Games in 2014 in Sochi, Russia, and in 2018 in Pyenogchang, South Korea. lsdsemih
- FASHION | The Paris Haute Couture Shows Will Go Digital This JulyPARIS – Paris’s haute couture Fashion Week will go digital this July, translating the craftsmanship of couture to a virtual format for the first time. From July 6 to 8, the Federation de la Haute Couture et de la Mode will host videos from accredited couture maisons on a dedicated platform. The videos will be … Continue reading FASHION | The Paris Haute Couture Shows Will Go Digital This July
- FASHION | Paris To Hold Men’s Fashion Week In Virtual Format July 9-13 – StatementPARIS| FRANCE – Paris will hold a men’s fashion week in virtual format from July 9 to July 13 for the Men Spring/Summer collection 2021, organizer said on Wednesday. ‘This event will be structured around a dedicated platform’, the Federation de la Haute Couture et de la Mode said in a statement. ‘Each house will … Continue reading FASHION | Paris To Hold Men’s Fashion Week In Virtual Format July 9-13 – Statement
- BUSINESS | Louis Vuitton Launches First Online Store In United Arab EmiratesFrench luxury brand Louis Vuitton has launched its first-ever online store in the United Arab Emirates. The e-commerce platform, accessible on louisvuitton.ae has launched with a range of ready-to-wear for both men and women, leather goods, footwear, accessories, watches, jewelry, luggage and fragrances available to shop in both Arabic and English. The storied Parisian maison … Continue reading BUSINESS | Louis Vuitton Launches First Online Store In United Arab Emirates
- BUSINESS | Hermes Launches Concierge Service In Dubai Amid LockdownRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Shortly after the UAE announced a week-long extension of its country-wide lockdown, Parisian luxury label Hermes has decided to launch a concierge service for its customers in the Emirates. As of April 19, the French maison will be delivering its ubiquitous orange boxes straight to the doorsteps of customers in … Continue reading BUSINESS | Hermes Launches Concierge Service In Dubai Amid Lockdown
- HIGH SOCIETY | Is The Chaumet Tiara The Ultimate Accessory?BUCHAREST | ROMANIA – Royal families, aristocrats and the upper echelons of high society have always favored jewelry as the ultimate status symbol – priceless family heirlooms to pass down through generations. With their enduring links to the aforementioned ‘elite’, Chaumet has been supplying and creating exceptional jewels throughout its 240-year history. An exhibition ‘Chaumet … Continue reading HIGH SOCIETY | Is The Chaumet Tiara The Ultimate Accessory?
- FASHION | Legendary Shoe Designer Sergio Rossi Dies From COVID-19 ComplicationsBUCHAREST | ROMANIA – Sergio Rossi has died from complications of COVID-19 at age 84. The Italian shoe designer had been hospitalized for a few days at the Bufalini Hospital in Cesena, Italy. ‘Today everyone at Sergio Rossi joins me in remembering our dear Sergiom the inspiring founder of our dream’, said Sergio Rossi CEO … Continue reading FASHION | Legendary Shoe Designer Sergio Rossi Dies From COVID-19 Complications