Milan, Italy – Milan Fashion Week for Spring/Summer menswear previews has started with a slightly different rhythm, with many mainstays not showing this season.
Milano, Italy – Giorgio Armani and Italian Olympic officials used the runway to announce Armani’s fifth Olympic Games as the Italian team’s officials uniform designer.
Some 30 Olympians and Paralympians introduces the looks for 2020 Games in Tokyo that projected Armani’s often-expressed love of Japan, with the red rising sun of Japan transformed with the green-white-and-red of the Italian flag.
The president of the Italian National Olympic Committee, Giovani Malago, was on hand for the rollout. He praised Armani as the designer “who has given the most trust to the world of sports and to the teams that represent our country”.
Taking a lone turn on the runway to close the show was professional race car driven Alex Zanardi, who lost both legs in a racing accident in 2001.
Armani previously designed the Italian Olympic and Paralympic uniforms for the Summer Games in London in 2012 and Rio de Janeiro in 2016, and for the Winter Games in 2014 in Sochi, Russia, and in 2018 in Pyenogchang, South Korea. lsdsemih
- SOME FAST FACTS ABOUT FAST FASHION | What Is Fast Fashion, And Why Is Everyone Talking About It?SOME FAST FACTS ABOUT FAST FASHION | What Is Fast Fashion, And Why Is Everyone Talking About It? This year, the average person will buy 68 garments, and wear each piece only seven times before disposing of it, according to the Wall Street Journal. It wasn’t always like this. In 1980, people bought five times … Read more
- FASHION | The Qasimi Fall 2020 Show Was A Tribute To The Late DesignerDUBAI | UAE – Qasimi presented its Fall/Winter 2020 runway show at London’s Truman Brewerly on Sunday, nearly six-months after the death of its founder and creative director, Khalid Al-Qasimi who passed away at the age of 39 in London in July 2019. It was the final collection that the late fashion designer, who launched … Read more
- FASHION | Dubai will be the “Fifth fashion Week in the world”Dubai will be the “Fifth fashion Week in the world” The numbers speak for themselves. But in case anyone is unaware: fashion is big business in the UAE. How Big are we talking? Try more than $12 bn per year – that’s according to a report from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce, which reveals clothing … Read more
- BUSINESS & FASHION | Adidas And Prada: Or Should That Be Pradidas Or Adada?It’s the first time two of the most famous names in retailing have combined in what they say is a long-term partnership. But what to call the venture? Pradidas and Adada are among the favorites in the Twittersphere. Prada’s marketing department could probably do better, though, as they’ve already demonstrated peerless descriptive powers in the … Read more
- LIFE | Balenciaga Joins Forces With World Food Programme To Fight Global HungerLuxury fashion house Balenciaga is collaborating with the United Nations World Food Programme for the second time in an effort to end global hunger by 2030. This year, the brand is proceeding with its endeavors of spreading awareness by dropping a new capsule collection consisting of clothing and accessories in December 2019. Last year’s coordinated … Read more
- BUSINESS | Italy’s Cavalli Rescued By Dubai’s Damac ChairmanItaly’s Cavalli Rescued By Dubai’s Damac Chairman MILAN | ITALY – Italian fashion house Roberto Cavalli was bought on Thursday by Hussain Sajwani, the chairman of Dubai’s Damac Properties, the companies said, ending a long sale process. The Florence-based group, founded by designer Robert Cavalli in the early 1970s and famed for its animal prints, … Read more