New York, USA – The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia confirmed that it and coalition to support legitimacy in Yemen will take urgent and timely measures to deter such the terrorist attack of the Iran-backed Houthi militia on Abba International Airport in Asir province, Saudi Press Agency, SPA, reported.
According to SPA, this came in a letter sent by the Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United Nations Ambassador Abdullah bin Yahya Al-Moallemi, Thursday, to the UN Security Council following the attack.
The Kingdom’s representative to UN said that upon the instructions from Saudi Arabia’s government, he inform the Security Council that, on 12 June 2019, a hostile missile fired by the Iran-backed Houthi militia hit the arrivals lounge at Abha International Airport, in Asir province in southwestern Saudi Arabia, where thousands of civilian passengers from different nationalities cross daily, resulting this attack in injury of 26 civilian passengers, including three women from Yemen, Indian and Saudi nationalities, as well as two Saudi children. The Iran-backed terrorist Houthi group claimed, through its media, the full responsibility for this attack by used a rocked-type cruise.
“The authorities in Saudi Arabia are working to determine the type of shell used in this terrorist attack, which confirms the possession of new and sophisticated weapons by the terrorist militia, and the continued support of the Iranian regime for cross-border terrorism and its continued violation of the relevant Security Council resolutions, including resolutions 2140, 2216, 2231, 2451 and 2452”, Al-Moallemi said.
The Permanent Representative said that Saudi Arabia and the Coalition to Support Legitimacy in Yemen will take urgent and timely measures to deter such unspeakable terrorist attacks and ensure the protection of civilians and civilian installations, in addition to holding accountable those responsible for planning and carrying out this terrorist attack in accordance with humanitarian International law and norms.
He called on the Security Council to circulate this letter as an official document of the Council, stressing that a copy of this letter would be sent to the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- KSA | Saudi Retailer Said To Pull Out Of Franchise Deal With Marks & SpencerJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair Co reportedly ends agreement with number of “non-performing” brands. Saudi retailer has reportedly pulled out its franchise partnership with Marks & Spencer. Reuters quoted a company statement as saying it has to ended similar agreements with a number of “non-performing” brands. The firm, which owns franchise right for … Read More
- KSA | Saudis To Get Four-Day Holiday For National Day CelebrationJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Ministry of Civil Service has announced a four-day holiday to celebrate this year’s Saudi National Day. The holiday will start by the end of working hours on Thursday September 19, and worl will be resumed on Tuesday September 24. The National Day is always celebrated on September 23 to commemorate … Read More
- Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia | Saudi Professional League (SPL) Named After Crown Prince For Second Consecutive SeasonJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Football Professional League (S.P.L) has been renamed as the Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman League for the second consecutive season. The announcement to rename the league was made by Prince Abdulaziz Bin Turki Al-Faisal, chairman of the Saudi Arabian General Sports Authority, during the inauguration ceremony of the new season … Read More
- KSA | FIRST IN SAUDI ARABIA: Spokeswoman for Ministry of EducationJEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Minister of Education Dr. Hamad Al-Sheikh has issues an order appointing Ibtisam Al-Shehri as spokesperson for public education in Saudi Arabia, who has been a supervisor for schools in the Kingdom’s Eastern Province, will hold the position as the first woman spokesperson of the ministry, responsible for over six million students … Read More
- KINGDOM FO SAUDI ARABIA | 2 New Luxury Resorts Will Open Their Doors In Saudi Arabia’s Al-Ula By 2023JEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Just another reason to put the remarkable area packed with prehistoric sites and landmarks on your travel wish list. For its Middle Eastern debut, luxury hotel group Aman has chosen to open three resorts in Saudi Arabia’s extraordinary Al Ula region. The partnership between the Royal Commission for Al-Ula (RCU) and … Read More
- KSA| Saudi Arabia Implements End To Travel Restriction For Saudi Women: AgencyRiyadh, SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia has begun allowing adult women to travel without permission and to exercise more control over family matters, state news agency SPA, reported on Tuesday, following a flurry of royal degrees approving the changes. Riyadh has long faced international criticism over the status of Saudi women. Rights groups say women … Read More