New York, USA – The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia confirmed that it and coalition to support legitimacy in Yemen will take urgent and timely measures to deter such the terrorist attack of the Iran-backed Houthi militia on Abba International Airport in Asir province, Saudi Press Agency, SPA, reported.
According to SPA, this came in a letter sent by the Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United Nations Ambassador Abdullah bin Yahya Al-Moallemi, Thursday, to the UN Security Council following the attack.
The Kingdom’s representative to UN said that upon the instructions from Saudi Arabia’s government, he inform the Security Council that, on 12 June 2019, a hostile missile fired by the Iran-backed Houthi militia hit the arrivals lounge at Abha International Airport, in Asir province in southwestern Saudi Arabia, where thousands of civilian passengers from different nationalities cross daily, resulting this attack in injury of 26 civilian passengers, including three women from Yemen, Indian and Saudi nationalities, as well as two Saudi children. The Iran-backed terrorist Houthi group claimed, through its media, the full responsibility for this attack by used a rocked-type cruise.
“The authorities in Saudi Arabia are working to determine the type of shell used in this terrorist attack, which confirms the possession of new and sophisticated weapons by the terrorist militia, and the continued support of the Iranian regime for cross-border terrorism and its continued violation of the relevant Security Council resolutions, including resolutions 2140, 2216, 2231, 2451 and 2452”, Al-Moallemi said.
The Permanent Representative said that Saudi Arabia and the Coalition to Support Legitimacy in Yemen will take urgent and timely measures to deter such unspeakable terrorist attacks and ensure the protection of civilians and civilian installations, in addition to holding accountable those responsible for planning and carrying out this terrorist attack in accordance with humanitarian International law and norms.
He called on the Security Council to circulate this letter as an official document of the Council, stressing that a copy of this letter would be sent to the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Encourages Direct Talks Between Israel And Palestinians Under U.S. PatronageRIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – Saudi Arabia has encouraged Israel and Palestinians to start direct peace negotiations overseen by the United States, after Donald Trump announced his long awaited peace plan. King Salman reassured the Kingdom’s commitment to the Palestinian issue and Palestinian rights, in a phone call with Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas. The Kingdom’s … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Discusses Possible Impact Of Coronavirus On Oil Market: SPADUBAI | UAE – – Saudi Arabia’s government discussed the possible impact of the new coronavirus on the oil market on Tuesday, and said it was confident China and the international community would be able to eradicate it, state news agency SPA said. The cabinet reiterated that OPEC and its allies could respond to any … Read more
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Minister Says Israeli Passport Holders Cannot Visit: CNNPARIS | FRANCE – – Saudi Arabia’s foreign ministers said Israelis were not welcome to visit the kingdom after Israel decreed that Israeli citizens could visit Saudi Arabia under certain circumstances, CNN reported on Monday. “Our policy is fixed. We do not have relations with the state of Israel and Israeli passport holders cannot visit … Read more
- BUSSINESS | Jazan’s Coffee Bean Production Expected To Reach 300 Tones In 2020RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – The seventh Coffee Beans Festivals starts on Jan.30, amid expectations that more than 300 tones of coffee beans will be produces and enter the Saudi market by the end of 2020 due to increased production in the Jazan mountains. “This year’s festival is completely different in terms of activities, … Read more
- TRAVEL | Israel Approves Travel To Saudi Under Limited CircumstancesMILAN | ITALY – – Israel on Sunday announced that it would permit Israeli citizens to travel to Saudi Arabia for the first time, under certain conditions that include Israeli entrepreneurs seeking investments, in a signal of warming ties. Israeli Interior Minister Arhey Deri, after consulting the country’s security establishment, issued a statement saying that … Read more
- ROYALS | Saudi Crown Prince Patronize Graduation Ceremony of 97th Batch of King Faisal Air College9999999999999 RIYADH | SAUDI ARABIA – – H.R.H. Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, patronized Sunday the graduation ceremony of the 97th batch of King Faisal Air College. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was accompanied by Prince Turki bin Mohammed bin Fahd bin Abdulaziz, … Read more