HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rahid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, issued Executive Council No.5 of 2019 approving the payment of select Dubai government fees and fines in instalments. The Resolution aims to support individuals and entities in fulfilling their financial obligations and enhance the process of collection of government fees and fines.
According to the Resolution, relevant government entities are tasked with preparing lists for fees and fines that can be paid in installments submitting them to Dubai’s Department of Finance for approval. The lists must comply with the Department of Finance’s polices and procedures.
Fees that can be paid in instalments must be included in the lists approved by the Department of Finance and must be over AED 10,000 for individuals and AED 100,000 for businesses. The fines that can be paid in instalments must also be included in the lists approved by the Department of Finance and must be over AED5,000 for individuals and AED20,000 for businesses.
As per the Resolution, the instalments must be paid through the mechanisms defined by the Department of Finance and the instalment period must not exceed two years. The Department of Finance may grant exceptions on such conditions in responses to a petition from the concerned government department.
The Resolution authorizes the Director-General of the Dubai Department of Finance to issue all bylaws required to implement this Resolution and publish them in the Official Gazette.
- TRAVEL ALERT | UAE Says Residents, Citizens Cannot Travel Abroad For Tourism Yet
- BUSINESS | Dubai Tourism Launches ‘Dubai Virtual Backgrounds’
- BREAKING NEWS | UAE Imposes First Lockdown On Historic District To Slow Coronavirus
- SPORTS | Horse Racing: Dubai World Cup Meeting To Be Held ‘Without Paid Spectators’
- NEWS | UAE Cancels Events, Flights Due To Coronavirus As Central Bank Announces Fiscal Plan
- BUSINESS | Dubai Businesses, Hurt By Coronavirus, Pin Hopes On Expo