HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rahid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, issued Executive Council No.5 of 2019 approving the payment of select Dubai government fees and fines in instalments. The Resolution aims to support individuals and entities in fulfilling their financial obligations and enhance the process of collection of government fees and fines.
According to the Resolution, relevant government entities are tasked with preparing lists for fees and fines that can be paid in installments submitting them to Dubai’s Department of Finance for approval. The lists must comply with the Department of Finance’s polices and procedures.
Fees that can be paid in instalments must be included in the lists approved by the Department of Finance and must be over AED 10,000 for individuals and AED 100,000 for businesses. The fines that can be paid in instalments must also be included in the lists approved by the Department of Finance and must be over AED5,000 for individuals and AED20,000 for businesses.
As per the Resolution, the instalments must be paid through the mechanisms defined by the Department of Finance and the instalment period must not exceed two years. The Department of Finance may grant exceptions on such conditions in responses to a petition from the concerned government department.
The Resolution authorizes the Director-General of the Dubai Department of Finance to issue all bylaws required to implement this Resolution and publish them in the Official Gazette.
- BUSINESS | Dubai Expects 3.2 Growth in 2020
- BREAKING NEWS | Hamdan Bin Mohammed And Mohammed Bin Salman Visit Headquarters Of Expo 2020 Dubai
- Breaking News | UAE Leaders Congratulate Romanian President On Re-election
- Breaking News | Hrh Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Meets With Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid
- TRAVEL | Emirates Introduces Fourth Daily To Dhaka
- BREAKING NEWS | Mohamed Bin Zayed, Mohammed Bin Rashid Chair Meeting Of Crown Princes To Discuss Action Plans For Next Years