The Kingdom’s minister of culture announced Thursday the establishment of a publishing house with an independent financial center, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.
Prince Badr bin Abdullah bin Farhan said the publishing house would operate under the ministry and participate in local, regional and international book fairs to promote Saudi culture and literature. It would also sell books at nominal prices through the house’s own outlets, he added.
“The publishing house will be one of the arms of the Ministry of Culture to publish, market, and distribute Saudi books in various Arab countries to achieve the ministry’s vision in terms of supporting books, promoting Saudi culture and literature, strengthening their presence at Arab and international levels, and partnering with international publishing houses to shed light on Saudi books”, he said.
“The publishing house will begin marketing Saudi published by cultural and literary institution to make them available in Arab book fairs”. 4he said the publishing house reflected the goals and initiatives of the ministry, which last month unveiled plans to transform the cultural sector into an essential part of people’s everyday lives. Among these projects are the literature prizes and development of public libraries.
- BREAKING NEWS | Under The Patronage Of HRH Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz, An International Forum Discusses Ways To Guarantee Security And Safety Of Sea Lanes
- KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA | Riyadh Seasons To Host Brazil And Argentina In “Super Clasico”
- SAUDI ARABIA | Three Performers Stabbed At Saudi Entertainment Event: State TV
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia Grants First Permanent Residencies To Foreigners
- BREAKING NEWS | Saudi Arabia To Inaugurate Diriyah Gate: A New Cultural, Lifestyle Tourism Destination
- BREAKING NEWS | HRH Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Congratulates President Of Poland On Republic Proclamation