H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, has issued the Council’s Resolution No.3 of 2019 that regulates autonomous vehicle testing in Dubai. The new Resolution, the first such initiative in the region, is part of the first phase of a legislative framework being created to ensure the highest efficiency, reliability and security of smart mobility.
The Resolution aims to ensure the highest level of safety for autonomous vehicles and achieve the objectives of Dubai’s Autonomous Transportation Strategy.
As per the Resolution, Roads and Transport Authority, RTA, is tasked with reviewing the technical aspects and standards related to the safety of autonomous vehicles that will be included in vehicles manuals. These should be compliant with RTA’s autonomous vehicle testing requirements.
RTA is also tasked with specifying the safety requirements that should be satisfied in vehicles tests. It is also authorized to set all other conditions and requirements that should be met in the tests.
RTA will be responsible for providing licenses to operators and overseeing their compliance with RTA’s regulations. RTA is also tasked with developing the infrastructure required to conduct such vehicle tests in coordination with concerned authorities in Dubai.
The Resolution is effective from the date of its publication in the official gazette. The Dubai Autonomous Transporting Strategy aims to transform 25 percent of the total transportation in Dubai to autonomous model by 2030.
- Royals | Crown Prince Of Dubai Arrives In Riyadh
- ENTERTAINMENT | K-Pop Fans Can Soon See Their Favorite Artists Live in Dubai
- BREAKING NEWS | Dubai To Screen Passengers On China Flights After Virus Outbreak
- EMIRATES | “Seven Lines” Announced As UAE Nation Brand
- AUSTRALIA BUSHFIRES | Mohamed Bin Zayed Emphasises UAE’s Solidarity With Australia To Address Wildfires, Announces Support
- ENTERTAINMENT | Light Up The Best Spots To Watch Fireworks In The UAE This New Year’s Eve