His Highness Sheiks Mansour Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Honoured The Winners Of The Fifth Mohammed Bin Rashid Arabic Language Award At A Ceremony In Dubai.
WINNERS OF THIS YEAR’S EDITION OF THE AWARD ARE:
- Best initiative in using social networking or intelligent technical application for learning and publishing Arabic – Birzeit University, Palestine.
- Best initiative to develop and publish Arabic digital content or Arabic language processors – Arabic Wikipedia Team, Tunisia.
- Best way to teach and learn Arabic in early education – Lughati Initiative, United Arab Emirates.
- Best initiative for teaching Arabic in school education (Grades 1 to 12) – EmSat Arabic, United Arab Emirates.
- Best initiative to teach Arabic to non-Arabic speakers – Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO), Saudi Arabia.
Culture, Intellect and Knowledge Society Category:
- Best artistic, cultural or intellectual work to serve the Arab Language – Abjjad Initiative, Jordan.
- Best initiative to promote reading culture and knowledge society – Reading Network, Morocco.
Linguistic Policy, Planning and Arabisation Category:
- Best Language policy and planning initiative – Mohmood Mohamed Abdel Atti, Egypt.
- Best localization or translation project – Eman Mohamed Bushnak, Jordan.
Media and Communication Category:
- Best work in Arabic language in electronic and social media – The Book Club, United Arab Emirates.
Chairman of the Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Library and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Mohammed Bin Rashid Arabic Language Award HE Mohamed Al-Murr said the Award is attracting significant attention in the Arab World due to the support of Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. He added that the Award aims to establish the UAE as a center of excellence in the Arabic language.
The award ceremony was held during the opening of the eighth International Language Conference.